• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos taking Lorazepam on an adderall crash gets you higher?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I take 2 mg of lorazepam nightly. At first I got high off of it, but after a little while my tolerance built up and I stopped feeling high from it. Yesterday I took some adderall XR, then later some IR, and they crashed at the same time, and also the same time the lorazepam kicked in. I got really high off of it, but I only took my normal dose. Wasn't on an empty stomach, wasn't on any other drugs than I usually take and the adderall, wasn't having anxiety, nothing. The only thing I can think it could've been was the adderall crash. I'm on an adderall crash right now too (much less of one though), and took my the lorazepam a little bit ago and its just starting to kick in, so I'll come back in a little while to say what happened. Any ideas why I got high off of it?

EDIT: Got high off of it last night (the night I posted this) too. I'm getting on modafinil (provigil) soon instead of adderall. Will the same thing happen with modafinil?

Last edited:
The most likely explanation is the Lorazepam helped relieve the stimulant crash making the effects of it more noticeable than usual. Much like you notice the effects of coffee more in the morning when you are trying to wake up then you do in the middle of the day when you are already wide awake.

Most likely because of the relief from the GABA after a stimulant dose. Benzos are cool. When crashing off stims, benzos are gold.

I have primarily used etizolam (usually 3 mg) for amphetamine crashes. I found that the amphetamine effects would become dulled to almost nothing with the onset of the benzo effects . But then about two hours later, there would be another wave of (a more relaxed) stimulant euphoria. I attributed this partly to the short half-life of etizolam, and partly to a synergy of the two drugs.

I must also state that I was on a maintenance dose of phenibut during this period, and was in the habit of drinking a little vodka. I would say that phenibut, even though it was no longer producing a "high" for me at the time, has a more favorable synergy with amphetamine than benzos (in a recreational sense.) They compliment each other more than they cancel each other.

Last edited:
The most likely explanation is the Lorazepam helped relieve the stimulant crash making the effects of it more noticeable than usual. Much like you notice the effects of coffee more in the morning when you are trying to wake up then you do in the middle of the day when you are already wide awake.

This.

I also noticed the same thing with Buprenorphine when I'd start crashing off of propylhexadrine. I'd dose my suboxone and feel it way more then usual, way more sedation.

Here's my theory on how to interpret this. I agree with you in that taking Benzodiazepine's during the comedown from amphetamines seems to get you higher. I think that this is because the comedown phase is characterized by still being high or affected by the drug, but with the negative side effects beginning to eclipse the positive effects of being high. These effects for me include jittery, "spun-out" feeling, anxiety, tachycardia and others and Benzodiazepines are really the perfect choice to help ease you through them. With these negative effects out of the picture by way of the Benzodiazepines, you are able to better enjoy whatever is left of your Amphetamine high without having such a tense, negative feeling.