• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Klonopin sublingually

mister right

Bluelighter
Does anyone think that putting k-pins under your tongue to dissolve packs an extra punch or is this just a rumor???

Clonazepam has an oral bioavailability of 90%, but I don't know its sublingual bioavailability. It can't be much better than 90%, I think the sublingual route may have a quicker onset, but I'm not sure of the BA.

Give it a try and report back. Clonazepam tastes good, too. :)

For me the extra kick from dissolving comes from faster onset, I usually pop a few and dissolve a few to kick things into gear a lil quicker. I dont think any more of the drug is absorbed though.

It should still be around 90%, which is a pretty good bioavailablity in the first place.

Does hit you a bit quicker though, and does taste pretty good too :)

I have used them sublingual many times.

I believe the bialavibility is still the same. Just like others have said it hits a little faster.

Sometimes after a large meal I will take them sublingual also. I figure if I took them orally after a meal they wouldn't work as good as sublingual. I could be wrong on that but they do seem to work better after a meal sublingually.

Also like others have said I don't know is there's a tastier drug!

I usually take mine sublingually just for the quicker onset.

and they taste good.

I've noticed no difference in relative 'potency' of effects from taking the same dosage sublingually vs orally. So I just continue to do them sublingually because it seems to kick in a bit faster. I've never tried parachuting though or crushing and taking with a bit of fizzy drink... too much effort when i can just pop em under my tongue and lay down in bed.

I've sublingualled Clonazepam plenty of times. They taste minty so thats good but its too much of a hassle to crush em up and let the powder sit under your tounge for 20-30mins just for a 'faster onset' that I barely even notice or feel (placebo maybe?) I dunno but when benzos have 90%+ Bio availability in the stomach theres really no reason to sublingual them unless they were made by a pharma company to be takin that way.. I've sublingualled every benzo from etizolam (more rare) to xanax (most common) and have come to the conclusion that all benzos are best just taking orally on a fairly empty stomach chased with 1 to 2 shots of alcohol..... The only time I consider sublingualling benzo's now days is when I have just eaten a big meal and have a full stomach and want to take a benzo but don't wanna waste it by eating it on a full stomach (as I am sure many of you know taking benzo's on a full stomach is a big no no and a big waste)

I pretty much always start my prescribed clonazepam dose sublingual, though it will melt and I'll swallow it as it dissolves.

There is such a clonazepam medication that is designed to dissolve under your tongue for a faster onset. I was prescribed it a couple months and I really didn't notice much of a difference. May have kicked in a minute or two sooner than the regular clonazepam. Shit was very expensive and there wasn't much difference so I switched. Regardless I still take them sublingually just for the fuck of it because I love the minty taste.

I have read in a medical journal the the effectiveness of taking meds sublingually (kpins included) can be negatively affected by the PH of your saliva . When i take kpins, I always swallow them

I have read in a medical journal the the effectiveness of taking meds sublingually (kpins included) can be negatively affected by the PH of your saliva . When i take kpins, I always swallow them

Same concept as eating oxycodone instead of blowing it (60-87%BA oral, 55-70%BA nasal). Some just like to do what they do.

Blowing a kpin or two will bring a trainwreck of a trip back to manageable levels rather quickly, and blowing benzos is usually dumb as fck. YMMV

I enjoy the way the klonopin makes me feel but after a couple hours I can't stay awake. A nap just comes over me and when I wake up, the pleasant effects of the kpin is gone. Dammit.

It can't be any worse than the stomach acid it encounters, and that doesn't prevent Klonopin from having a 90% Oral BA. Plus, the Klonopin ODT (Orally Disintegrating Tablets) are not affected by the saliva, because they also have a 90% BA.
If you have eaten a heavy meal, especially a fatty one, Klonopin will take longer to kick in, and be less effective. When I take a Klonopin on an empty stomach, I know I'm getting all of it. But, if I just ate a rack of ribs and a loaded baked potato, I would
take it sublingually.

I always preferred taking them sublingually. They kicked in faster so it seemed like they would hit harder than if they had to mix in with the contents of my stomach and enter the bloodstream that way.