• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking hydrocodone after tramadol

417slush

Bluelighter
I normally take around 70mg of hydrocodone a day. I started the day thinking I was gonna be out of the hydros today so I took 150mg of tramadol. Low and behold I had someone come through with some hydros. Would it be safe to take my normal 30mg dose around 4 hours after taking the 150mg of tramadol?

Ended up waiting around 9 hours between. Hopefully that will be long enough.

Hey there @417slush. I didn't see this until this morning, so I apologize for the late reply.

There isn't anything inherently dangerous with what you're describing. You're just using a weaker Opioid as a stop-gap until you can acquire your drug of choice, which is a part of the game. We've all done it.

Tramadol (Ultram) is 1/10th the potency of Hydrocodone (Vicodin; Lortab) when both are taken by the oral route, as I assume you are. This would mean you've taken the equivalent of 15mg Hydrocodone in that 150mg Tramadol.

Just an aside, Tramadol is especially dangerous in dosages of above 300mg per sitting and more likely, per day. It has properties that I won't dive to deep into that causes seizures when used in this manner. I just watched a pretty fascinating new documentary regarding massive Tramadol addiction in sub-saharan Africa that was crazy. It's the only Opioid available due to financial issues for the users and supply issues in a more general way. People are seen with Opioid dependencies running their full course with an Opioid that basically ends up killing them through seizures when they lose control. Crazy shit.

Anyway, you'll be fine. If you ever need to use Tramadol, don't exceeed this dosage and you'll be fine.

I am addicted to tramadol for 10 years and now i take +- 1000mg daily. It Is definitely acting like an opioid with strong effects in this dose. And Its much longer half-life and SNRi properties make tramadol kind of special, great for physical activity and avoiding sleep. And it Is amazing antidepressant, better than those which i was or which i am prescribed.

Seizures are real and very possible to happen in doses above 300mg. I succesfully avoid them by taking LEVETIRACETAM And alprazolam, sometimes diazepam. Tramadol with xanax and modafinil together is wonderful combo, long lasting, relaxed yet still functional high.