• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Taking high recreational doses benzodiazepines

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenzoDizzy

Greenlighter
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum. I'm from the Netherlands, so my english is not so good, but anyway.. i have a huge benzo tolerance. I use benzos since 2008 and i have tried them all in 7 years.
My favorite benzo's are clonazepam, oxazepam, flunitrazepam/rohypnol (didn't use for four years) and flurazepam/dalmane. They are the only ones who work, only in high doses except from the flunitrazepam wich i didn't use for four years.

A few days ago i had flurazepam, wich i also didn't use for 3-4 years. I took 90 mg's and i felt really high but not on a nice way. I felt depressed and was extremely passive.

Now i take clonazepam/klonopin again and i feel a high euphoric sensation. I took 28mg's clonazepam with 30mg oxazepam divided in three doses, i don't take them all at once.

An friend of my have flunitrazepam/rohypnol 2 mg and i want to try that. Wich dose do you all recommend for me.. wich gives me the same feeling as 28mg clonazepam and 30mg oxazepam:?

Thanks already

Benzodizzy

Are you joking? 28mg's of clonazepam!?!??!?!?!?! ..............dude you need to understand how benzo's work. They "command" your brain to release gabba-amino-butyric acid aka gabba (dont quote me on spelling) this acid relaxes your entire central nervous system. the catch is...your body can only produce/have so much of "gabba" so you have just hammered it all out.....theres none left. your now wasting drugs trying to do something your body can no longer do unless you allow it some time to produce more gabba, in your case could take years to return normal gabba/ CNS regulation.

If one day you decide to stop taking benzo's i HIGHLY recomend hospitalisation, you can die from benzo withdrawal, or even a seizure. 28mg's of clonazepam is waaaaaaaaaaay to much, i think its the end of the road for your benzo use buddy - go see a doctor and read up on the ashton manual benzo research.

christ sake 28mgs. i still cant believe that 8(

Flunitrazepam is your favorite yet you don't know the proper dose for yourself? For a class of drugs claimed to be your drug of choice, it sounds like you need to better educate yourself on using them responsibly especially in the dosing category. 28mg is a very excessive amount of clonazepam.

Flunitrazepam is your favorite yet you don't know the proper dose for yourself? For a class of drugs claimed to be your drug of choice, it sounds like you need to better educate yourself on using them responsibly especially in the dosing category. 28mg is a very excessive amount of clonazepam.

They have not used in four years so I am guessing their tolerance built up in that time so now they don't know.

Jesus christ, I get prescribed 30--1mg pills a month, so you take my entire bottle at once?!?!

How you live through that at WORST and don't feel basically like you wish you were dead AT BEST after taking that much makes no sense to me.

I just don't understand people.

I also don't get how anyone can get high off Klonopin as all it does is reduce my anxiety, nor do I understand how anyone enjoys the feeling of flurazapam which is basically just a sleeping pill.

However, people respond differently to different drugs and I know benzos are popular recreationally but I'll still never really understand it...

Edit...ok so you said you took 28mgs of Klonopin and 30mgs of Oxazapam in 3 doses...that's STILL 20mgs of benzo per dose.

If those doses were close together, which you seem to be saying...that's even MORE nuts.

Finally, someone in my case, if your story is accurate. I used to slam back 80-100mg of xanax daily. I CT twice off them and had two grand mal seizures both times so be ready or start a massive taper program. I'm in you4r shoes, yet I feel bad for you. It's such a strange reaction. Now my benzo tolerance is god knows what since I started taking Clonazolam. I took 75mg the first day (spread out) and it seemed to effect me more the second day when I did lower doses.

Anyway, PLEASE be safe as you can die coming off these drugs at these massive doses.

Finally, someone in my case, if your story is accurate. I used to slam back 80-100mg of xanax daily. I CT twice off them and had two grand mal seizures both times so be ready or start a massive taper program. I'm in you4r shoes, yet I feel bad for you. It's such a strange reaction. Now my benzo tolerance is god knows what since I started taking Clonazolam. I took 75mg the first day (spread out) and it seemed to effect me more the second day when I did lower doses.

Anyway, PLEASE be safe as you can die coming off these drugs at these massive doses.

75 mg Clonazepam? Wow. Yesterday after i took 30mg Clonazepam i felt an euphoric feeling but later i wanted to sleep. Now i'm still feeling the 30 mg Clonazepam from yesterday.

How did you feel when you took the 75mg clonazepam?

This not only a huge waste of drugs (I guess there is some kind of celing dose when you black out anyway, so it does not matter if you take 20 or 30mg) but also very dangerous due to potential accidents and of course the addiction aspect.
These doses are just ridiculous. Benzos are not very good to get high on in the beginning. If you want a nice high do some other drugs in reasonable doses pls.

This not only a huge waste of drugs (I guess there is some kind of celing dose when you black out anyway, so it does not matter if you take 20 or 30mg) but also very dangerous due to potential accidents and of course the addiction aspect.
These doses are just ridiculous. Benzos are not very good to get high on in the beginning. If you want a nice high do some other drugs in reasonable doses pls.

I tried other drugs a few years ago, but it didn't work for me because of my anxiety.
Benzodiazepines are my number 1 for my anxiety and panic attacks. And of course i want to feel the buzz (high). But unfortunately i don't feel that anymore. Not even with 30mg's Clonazepam. I'm a little bit desperate because without benzo's i don't have the courage to do something. That's why i'm addicted for 7 years and take high doses.

Are you joking? 28mg's of clonazepam!?!??!?!?!?! ..............dude you need to understand how benzo's work. They "command" your brain to release gabba-amino-butyric acid aka gabba (dont quote me on spelling) this acid relaxes your entire central nervous system. the catch is...your body can only produce/have so much of "gabba" so you have just hammered it all out.....theres none left. your now wasting drugs trying to do something your body can no longer do unless you allow it some time to produce more gabba, in your case could take years to return normal gabba/ CNS regulation.

If one day you decide to stop taking benzo's i HIGHLY recomend hospitalisation, you can die from benzo withdrawal, or even a seizure. 28mg's of clonazepam is waaaaaaaaaaay to much, i think its the end of the road for your benzo use buddy - go see a doctor and read up on the ashton manual benzo research.

christ sake 28mgs. i still cant believe that 8(

Benzodiazepines do not deplete GABA. They are positive allosteric modulators that increase the efficiency of two GABA molecules binding to the GABA-A receptor. Meaning that the ionotropic receptor(GABA-A) allows more Cl- ions to enter causing neuronal depolarization.

Long term benzodiazepine usage primarily results in downregulation of GABA-A receptors and upregulation of Glutamate receptors.

I tried other drugs a few years ago, but it didn't work for me because of my anxiety.
Benzodiazepines are my number 1 for my anxiety and panic attacks. And of course i want to feel the buzz (high). But unfortunately i don't feel that anymore. Not even with 30mg's Clonazepam. I'm a little bit desperate because without benzo's i don't have the courage to do something. That's why i'm addicted for 7 years and take high doses.

If you need them then that is just another reason not to abuse them in this manner because of tolerance issues. Also the rebound/WD will be even more dangerous than it already is with benzos.
Also, like you experienced and mentioned, paradoxical reactions are more likely with these enormous doses.

I took 90 mg's and i felt really high but not on a nice way. I felt depressed and was extremely passive.

This would probably not happen with a normal or slightly higher dose. Sorry if this comes around dickish but you are ruining the medication you need if you keep going like this.
Try to stabilize on a maintainable dose. I guess you are getting them from the black market?
I mean if you don't even get the desired "high" why take this much? The negatives outweigh the positives so much.

€: There are other meds that help with anxiety like Pregabalin (Lyrica) and gabapentin (Neurontin) which are also addictive but worth a try imo.

You really ought to stop taking such high doses. No taper would be easy enough to withdraw from that much.

Do you black out for days from high doses of benzos like you take? Friends of mine who took high doses of benzos have had this happen.

You should check into a detox or medical rehab centre since you take massive amounts of benzos, and people have died, or had horrible seizures from attempting benzo withdrawal on their own. Stay safe.

Let me tell you dizzy follow everybodies advice here and stop abusing the benzos. I've been there and using terrible amounts of benzos in my past and it is not worth it. I managed to stop but I ended up in the hospital numerous times. Benzos destroy your natural anxiety coping mechanisims, trust me try to go a week without them and tell us how you feel. There is no good reason to take that many mg at one time, its practically a suicide attempt.
Please be safe.

Do you black out for days from high doses of benzos like you take? Friends of mine who took high doses of benzos have had this happen.

You should check into a detox or medical rehab centre since you take massive amounts of benzos, and people have died, or had horrible seizures from attempting benzo withdrawal on their own. Stay safe.

I don't black out if i'm taking 30mg's of clonazepam because my tolerance is very high. I use all kind of benzo's the past 7 years and my tolerance is build up, so even 30 mg's don't work for a nice/ buzz feeling

But thanks for your advice

Let me tell you dizzy follow everybodies advice here and stop abusing the benzos. I've been there and using terrible amounts of benzos in my past and it is not worth it. I managed to stop but I ended up in the hospital numerous times. Benzos destroy your natural anxiety coping mechanisims, trust me try to go a week without them and tell us how you feel. There is no good reason to take that many mg at one time, its practically a suicide attempt.
Please be safe.

May i ask what amounts you where using and wich ones?

Heh, 28 mg clonazepam is what I used to take in my teens. I can comfortably consume 40 mg of the stuff in a day and wash it down with a full snifter of Cognac without any undue complications or deleterious effects.

Never had a single withdrawal symptom in my entire life, either. My clonazepam prescription only ever lasts me less than 3 days per month, so I'm out of the drug about 329 days of the year—far too long for a physical dependence to develop.

Once you become jaded and unmoved by benzodiazepines, one should graduate to barbiturates. Not only would a moderate amount of even a moderately strong barbiturate make you feel better than you felt when you first tried a benzodiazepine (regardless how high your benzo tolerance is), but you'll never become so tolerated to barbiturates as to necessitate, say, an entire bottle of phenobarbital like an inveterate benzodiazepine user might require a whole bottle of clonazepam.

Benzodiazepines feel similar to barbiturates but they affect GABA receptors in a less efficient and less recreational manner.

28mg of Clonazepam in a single dose is death to MOST people. Very few people have that tolerance, if any.

Clonazepam is considered stronger than Alprazolam (Xanax) and we already hear enough stores of people OD'ing on Xanax or Xanax with whatever else drug they're taking, bla bla.

Just KNOW your tolerance. All you have to do is google it if you're a noobie or new to the drug, you obviously start slow and work yourself up. I havn't even heard of anyone in my life is on a 28mg Clonazepam dose. (.25mg Clonazepam = .50mg Xanax)
Clonazepam also has much longer half life than Xanax. 11.2 hours is the elimination life of Xanax. Whereas Klonopin lasts from 24-50 hours.

and yes absolutely your tolerance goes back down when you quit for quite some time and decided to use again. The VERY most I would dose is 4-6mg for recreational use. Remember, 'you can always take more but not less'...what's the point in working faster, just to get a better chance to od? not worth it!

Heh, 28 mg clonazepam is what I used to take in my teens. I can comfortably consume 40 mg of the stuff in a day and wash it down with a full snifter of Cognac without any undue complications or deleterious effects.

Never had a single withdrawal symptom in my entire life, either. My clonazepam prescription only ever lasts me less than 3 days per month, so I'm out of the drug about 329 days of the year—far too long for a physical dependence to develop.

Once you become jaded and unmoved by benzodiazepines, one should graduate to barbiturates. Not only would a moderate amount of even a moderately strong barbiturate make you feel better than you felt when you first tried a benzodiazepine (regardless how high your benzo tolerance is), but you'll never become so tolerated to barbiturates as to necessitate, say, an entire bottle of phenobarbital like an inveterate benzodiazepine user might require a whole bottle of clonazepam.

Benzodiazepines feel similar to barbiturates but they affect GABA receptors in a less efficient and less recreational manner.

So this is a guy that would actually have the bad sense to take 28mgs of Klonopin and you are telling him he should try barbiturates??

Somehow I don't think that's EXACTLY the kind of HR message this place is looking for lol...

28mg of Clonazepam in a single dose is death to MOST people. Very few people have that tolerance, if any.

Clonazepam is considered stronger than Alprazolam (Xanax) and we already hear enough stores of people OD'ing on Xanax or Xanax with whatever else drug they're taking, bla bla.

Just KNOW your tolerance. All you have to do is google it if you're a noobie or new to the drug, you obviously start slow and work yourself up. I havn't even heard of anyone in my life is on a 28mg Clonazepam dose. (.25mg Clonazepam = .50mg Xanax)
Clonazepam also has much longer half life than Xanax. 11.2 hours is the elimination life of Xanax. Whereas Klonopin lasts from 24-50 hours.

and yes absolutely your tolerance goes back down when you quit for quite some time and decided to use again. The VERY most I would dose is 4-6mg for recreational use. Remember, 'you can always take more but not less'...what's the point in working faster, just to get a better chance to od? not worth it!

Not even wrong.

Clonazepam's LD50 in mice is 4,000 mg/kg and 2,000 mg/kg for rabbits. And while humans are not mice nor rabbits, I would be skeptical of any substantial deviation in LD50 for humans.

Using the LD50 of rabbits, we can easily calculate the lethal dose for a 140 lb man (like me) thusly:

(140 lb/2.204 kg) × 2000 mg
= 63.503 × 2,000 mg
= 127,006 mg clonazepam.

Now, would you agree that 28 of something is substantially fewer than 127,006 or are you both ill-informed and bad at preschool arithmetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.