• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking Ecstacy after Zoloft

Tristurbed

Greenlighter
Have been feeling really depressed the past week. I've tried triple dosing my 5-HTP but it's just not working. There's an underlying issue which I can't deal with at the moment. It's stressing me out. Being in love with someone you'll never have a chance of dating is horrible.

I have 220mg of Ecstacy planned for this saturday but I just can't make it through another day with this depression. I'm supposed to roll in 48 hours. I can get my hands on 50mg of Zoloft by tomorrow morning. I'll take it around 9am... leaving me with roughly 36 hours before I take my Ecstacy.

Is it safe to take Zoloft? I really want to roll this weekend.. If I can't have Zoloft tomorrow then I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. This depression is getting to the point where I just want to lock myself up and call in sick.

Ecstacy IS happening. But is combining it with Zoloft safe?

I don't want to mess myself up with serotonin syndrome.

It is safe. MDMA and SSRI's resulting in Serotonin Syndrome is a myth. Most SSRI's don't actually change anything for a few weeks so A: Taking them in an acute attempt to improve your mood won't help (other a placebo) and B: I'm not certain it would really change much regarding the MDMA, expect perhaps a slightly reduced experience. SSRI's usually ruin the MDMA experience after taking them for prolonged periods of time.

You also need to consider tackling the underlying psychological problems you're having, taking either SSRI's or MDMA isn't going to help. Unless you try to use MDMA as a therapeutic tool, but that would probably require a professional psychotherapist.

Results: MDMA, in combination with the widely-prescribed SSRI antidepressant class, can lead to rapid, synergistic rise of serotonin (5-HT) concentration in the central nervous system, leading to the acute medical emergency known as serotonin syndrome.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24006318

Also, SSRI's completely dull the MDMA experience. Sertraline's (zoloft) less active metabolite norsertraline has a half-life of 66 hours. This metabolite is only mildly active so I don't think it should be a cause of concern. Sertraline itself on the other hand has a terminal half-life of 26~ hours, meaning you'd need to wait about 52 hours before it's almost completely inactive.

Good luck.

Thanks for moving.

I didn't actually manage to get Zoloft this morning (and I didn't plan on taking it after reading the replies real quickly before heading off to school). The guy who has it prescribed, forgot to bring it to school.

Still interesting info. I'm starting to get big on SSRI's and hope to get some prescribed myself very soon. This is stuff I'll need to remember for when I go rolling. Thanks for the info :)

I'm starting to get big on SSRI's and hope to get some prescribed myself very soon.

Ain't no hope needed for an ssri script. All that's required is you turn up and he'll be shoving it in your face.

Really that easy? When I asked for ritalin (for school) he straight up told me he would prescribe it to me. Within 2 minutes I had his signature and I could go pick the stuff up.

I'll see the guy in 2 weeks or so, I'll see what I can do.. should be easy then lol. What other stuff can I get my hands on? I'd like some benzo's.

Also how come everybody seems to get Zoloft prescribed? Will he give me a choice for SSRI's? Because I'm more interested in fluvoxamine

If he agreed to give you ritalin at your demand, then you won't have any trouble getting ssri's out of him. Ask him about your options first and then mention fluvoxamine. I don't think you should have problems.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24006318

Also, SSRI's completely dull the MDMA experience. Sertraline's (zoloft) less active metabolite norsertraline has a half-life of 66 hours. This metabolite is only mildly active so I don't think it should be a cause of concern. Sertraline itself on the other hand has a terminal half-life of 26~ hours, meaning you'd need to wait about 52 hours before it's almost completely inactive.

Good luck.

Well, shit. I also read a peer-reviewed journal which said that if you've administered SSRI's prior to MDMA, then they will completely block the MDMA from releasing serotonin because the SSRI has binded to the 5-HT cells that MDMA wants to bind to. As a result, serotonin release is really low and the complete opposite to SS. This has kind of confused me now. I'm baffled how two peer-reviewed articles can produce such contrasting results.

It makes absolutely no sense. If it was a slight divide on the continuum (Slightly nullify MDMA Vs. Not effect MDMA), then it'd be more understandable. But this is like the complete opposite - Extremely rare and high concentrations of serotonin Vs. Completely diminished levels of serotonin. Can anyone explain this...?

The peer reviewed journals you speak of administered both drugs in controlled dosages.

Serotonin toxicity has been seen in case reports in users mixing anonymous doses of amphetamines/stimulants post consumption of SRI drugs such as tricyclics and SSRI's.

Here's two example with coke and methylphenidate:
Serotonin Toxicity Induced By Augmentation of Methylphenidate with SSRI's
Serotonin Syndrome with Escitolapram and Concomitant Use of Cocaine: A Case Report

Ah classic. So another 'drug' problem that can be blamed on the illegality. *Sigh*

They prescribed my friend Methylphendiate HCL along with Zoloft.. he was supposed to take the Zoloft so the Methylphenidate would have a better affect on him in terms of focus in class

bad idea? I personally took the same combination once and it worked pretty nicely. He takes it everyday though (150mg of Zoloft and 10-20mg of Methylphenidate HCL)

Ah classic. So another 'drug' problem that can be blamed on the illegality. *Sigh*

It doesn't help that they expanded the definition of serotonin syndrome/serotonin toxicity to include pretty much any level of side effects from serotoninergic drugs. It used to be that it wasn't considered SS until you got to the danger zone.

Mild symptoms may only consist of increased heart rate, shivering, sweating, dilated pupils, myoclonus (intermittent tremor or twitching), as well as overresponsive reflexes.[1]

http://toxicology.ucsd.edu/art 3 serotonin syndrome.pdf

^ That sounds like MDMA itself to me.

It doesn't help that they expanded the definition of serotonin syndrome/serotonin toxicity to include pretty much any level of side effects from serotoninergic drugs. It used to be that it wasn't considered SS until you got to the danger zone.

Mild symptoms may only consist of increased heart rate, shivering, sweating, dilated pupils, myoclonus (intermittent tremor or twitching), as well as overresponsive reflexes.[1]

http://toxicology.ucsd.edu/art 3 serotonin syndrome.pdf

^ That sounds like MDMA itself to me.

Thanks for this post, all appears to now make sense. My definition of 'Serotonin Syndrome' is clearly going to have to become revised. Heck, according to that rolling classifies on the mild spectrum of SS. It's kind of ridiculous. A fantastic tool for Government propaganda to get their hands on and use as dangers of MDMA. You can be sure they'll mention SS and say it's life-threatening and able to occur from just MDMA (because technically it's not incorrect according to that). Then everyone will search Serotonin Syndrome and see the scary stuff associated with it.

Apologies for the random tangent. But that's pretty BS.

Those were my thoughts exactly JWills20 and that explains why so many "SS" posts have been showing up - because they changed the definition to say that basically rolling itself is mild serotonin syndrome so every time you're rolling, you have serotonin syndrome.

Whack indeed.