• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking benzodiazepines

MrAtown

Greenlighter
First off I don't take benzos everyday, and I only take them once in a while, so I have no tolerance and not physical dependant, and never have been, So get this, I take some kind of benzo and you know get high and feel good, but if I try taking some a few days later, I feel nothing, even with benzos that have the shortest half life, and this happens with every single kind, I wait 4 days after, nothing, I wait 5 or 6 days after, still nothing, I literally have to wait like 2 weeks before I can feel them again, I have no idea why, and from what I know so far I'm the only person that's like that, so was just wondering if anybody else is like that, and if anybody has an explanation, thanx

maybe you naturally have a high tolerance and if thats the case i wouldnt suggest benzos because you an easily find yourself chasing the same "high" by consuming large amounts which is never a good thing with benzos
there is a plethora of other things that will give you a better exp
still dont see why people try to use benzos to feel something other than a calm state

....how would you explain your "high"? if you dont mind me asking?

Well no since I've learned, and I have enough self control, I don't chase that high, I know to wait and I do, and to answer question, just feel like all my problems melt away and you know what I'm talking about if ever taken benzos, just feel great and euphoric, it's just so confusing and frustrating that I have to wait so long before I can feel them again while other ppl just have to wait 2 or 3 days

Well no since I've learned, and I have enough self control, I don't chase that high, I know to wait and I do, and to answer question, just feel like all my problems melt away and you know what I'm talking about if ever taken benzos, just feel great and euphoric, it's just so confusing and frustrating that I have to wait so long before I can feel them again while other ppl just have to wait 2 or 3 days
i have legit anxiety issues and i feel the "problems melt away" feeling but never any euphoria unless i take diazepam but i usually take xanax or sometimes ativan
which makes me feel normal nothing special
again you might naturally have a high tolerance
to use myself as an example i can take tiny doses and feel fucked up lol
which benzos do you use?

Yah I have legit anxiety problems too along with a few other mental problems, my counselor says same thing that any doctor I talk to will diagnose me with me anxiety disorder along with other things that I don't care to discuss but, I usually take xanax or klonopin or whatever pretty much, and if I haven't taken any in a long time I can take very small doses and be feeling good, and as far as I know I'm the only person like this, I've asked lots of ppl, I must just be some medical fluke or something

Oh and also by the way I've even tried this with etizolam which has short half life and same thing

The problem is that you're trying to get high off of benzodiazepines. A lot of people don't get anything recreational out of this class of drugs save a very few specific substances; Most of the euphoria felt is from the relief of anxiety, and usually the only people who report marked euphoria from benzos like lorazepam or even etizolam were suffering from anxiety of some sort.

You state you're not chasing a high, but you're posting about your problem with getting high like you did before. I'd think about that a bit, and take your meds as prescribed while you do.

I meant that I'm not chasing the high by taking a bunch when I know it's not gonna do anything because I have to wait couple weeks before I feel them again, maybe I'd read the post more clearly before replying, and it's not just trying to get high, I don't feel them AT ALL

Look let's stick to what I'm saying, why is it that I have to wait 2 weeks while everyone else has to wait 2 or 3 days, and is there anyone out there that's like this too

And if you think ppl don't get high off this shit, you're obviously not well informed

First off I don't take benzos everyday, and I only take them once in a while, so I have no tolerance and not physical dependant, and never have been, So get this, I take some kind of benzo and you know get high and feel good, but if I try taking some a few days later, I feel nothing, even with benzos that have the shortest half life, and this happens with every single kind, I wait 4 days after, nothing, I wait 5 or 6 days after, still nothing, I literally have to wait like 2 weeks before I can feel them again, I have no idea why, and from what I know so far I'm the only person that's like that, so was just wondering if anybody else is like that, and if anybody has an explanation, thanx

Take it as a sign, and leave them alone. Trust me. Unless of course you have a medical need for them.

Yeah, even then, unless they're used as something like an anti-convulsant, or rarely in situations of extreme acute anxiety in the wrong kind of place, I believe in using cognitive and behavioural techniques along with building on your coping mechanisms to treat your anxiety. Hell, you can even cure it this way, something a benzene ring with a few dangly bits will never do.