• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking an 80oc as opposed to snorting?

KrisTheGreat

Bluelighter
What is the difference? I have only snorted my Oxycontin. Im a little wary of just eating my pill. I dont want to waste my money. I'm sure it lasts longer but is it a good buzz?

I was wondering that too. It doesn't seem like it would do much at all though.

I understand the time release, but if i crush it up in my mouth. Whats the high like? Is it worth it compared to Grating the mother and snorting it up the bracket?

Well, if you crush it and swallow it it will not hit you as fast as snorting but your body will absorb more of the drug and the high will last a bit longer.

Please take your tolerance into account when chewing an 80 as you will get the full does at pretty much the same time if you disable the time release coating.

Chew it up and it will last longer than if you snorted it for sure.

yes but how different is the "HIGH" you get off of it from chewing it up as opposed to snorting it

Time release.

Okay

crush the pill as if u were going to snort it and then eat it.

simply just scrape it onto a piece of paper or a credit card and dump into your mouth.

some people buy empty pill capsules and dump the powder into the capsule and just make a bunch of those in certain mg by mg doses.

Unfortunately i have snorted a whole 80 on many occasions.................

you should never snort your hole 80mg Oxycontin.

its too much powder for your nose to absorb so in the end you absorb less.

i read that in a post and he explained to me ill try to find it after this but now i just eat 40 and blow 40, i did today and it was great.

eat 40mg wait 30 minutes and snort the rest. Even sometimes 60-40 or 40-60, whatever you're in the mood to do.. because for some snorting is apart of the high.

I understand the time release, but if i crush it up in my mouth. Whats the high like? Is it worth it compared to Grating the mother and snorting it up the bracket?

Don't chew, ull always have chunks if you chew, resulting in those chunks still being in time release form, and you will mostly be eating chunks because think about it, how can anyone powder'ize a pill in their mouths??, plus it being wet.... because the blue/green/turquois coating is nothing but a color so pharmacists can identify the different dosages.

use my directions.

'Chewing' (Dabbing the powder) was always my preferred route of administration. It defeats the time release mechanism so that the effects kick in much quicker (10-15 minutes**) and although the buzz isn't quite as comparable to snorting, the effects last much longer (roughly 3 hours**). I was hooked on 240mg Oxycodone (3x 80mg tablets a day) on average for years so one of my biggest reasons for preference was not having to re-dose so often. Also the high from snorting wasn't too much stronger than 'chewing' due to its high oral bioavailability; 60–87%

The effects from 'chewing' an OxyContin are nearly identical to the effects of chewing a Roxicodone at an equivalent dosage although I find the effects of 'chewing' OxyContins to last longer than with 'chewing' other immediate release Oxycodone medications.

** May differ for others, these are just the durations that refer to me.

Chewing = Dabbing the powder after crushing and removing the coating from the pill. I never just 'chewed' an OxyContin tablet.

Last edited:
^^^ Agreed,Maybe even Stronger,once you get past the slower Onset,I would Always,Crush an 80 into Powder and eat,Washed down with Hot coffee,and then Share an 80 Railed with my gf every morning when I got my Script.(My Doc made me Go Get 3 80's and 3 40's a day,just to try to cut down on pills making it to the street)