L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Taking Advantage

iridescentblack

Bluelighter
In all honesty and/or in your opinion, how often do relationship partners "take advantage" of their partner?

With the same question applied to casual sex, is this more apt to occur?

in what sense? sometimes it's hard to differentiate taking advantage and just leveraging for the good of oneself knowing the other is understanding and willing to help

in what sense? sometimes it's hard to differentiate taking advantage and just leveraging for the good of oneself knowing the other is understanding and willing to help
I understand that sometimes people will put arbitrary barriers around themselves for the sake of their own well being and protection.

In all honesty and/or in your opinion, how often do relationship partners "take advantage" of their partner?

In this context, take advantage means manipulate.

That's called date rape, not casual sex.

It depends on if boundaries are crossed man. If she takes something and you're just fine with it, or does something and you're cool with it - then fine.

If you can't spare the time or appreciate the experience (whatever that is) then it's a bust. I just called the police!

To be more serious. Bad relationships and bad transactions (one way to put it) can and do go hand in hand sometimes. If you feel you're being crossed, try having a serious conversation with the person. If you can't bring yourself to do so for fear of some repurcussion or another - this person doesn't even qualify as a good friend let alone a life partner.

Not knowling the specifics. Take a look at your side a little more deeply so you're not completely focused on the other person. Your needs are valid and worth consideration. Don't ever think you can't resolve this. There isn't a gun being held to your head. Relationships are two-sided and you can take your side away. Any reason.

Whatever this is, you're pretty worked up about it. Obviously, right?