View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking 300 mg of DXM twice a year?

FamineWolf

Ex-Bluelighter
What do you think about dosing around 300 mg of DXM every 6 months and twice a year? I have been taking doses of around 300-900 mg once a month, and feel I need to cut back. I feel that taking DXM this often wont be too bad or unhealthy but later down the road possibly could. Plus, taking such a huge amount of plastic gel caps all at once every month can't be good. I'll probably cut back to once every 3 months and then to twice a year, with 6 months in between and keeping it at 300 mg. If I continue this will it cause problems later on? Thanks.

Last edited:
Twice is a year is nothing compared to how often most people use DXM, and 300mg is only a decent second plateau dose so you shouldn't have any problems at all as you're giving your body more than enough time to recover.

It's suggested that DXM shouldn't be used more than once every two weeks, so using it twice a year is alright. At the most I'd expect some impaired cognitive functioning and an afterglow for a short period of time after dosing 600mg and above, but it shouldn't last or cause problems in the long run.

300 is a pretty small dose, even 900 I wouldn't consider to much, but keeping to two light doses a year you should be fine

I'd stick with the lower amount, maybe in between at 600mg. That's more than enough to give me a good time. I'm not TOO out of it but I can tell I'm having a good trip. Once a month isn't going to hurt you like four times a month would. Just remember you have to add in the tolerance factor; a month might not be enough to get you back down to a starting point. 900mg pushes it a bit.

Ok cool. It may not hurt like 4 times a month would but if it hurts at all I wont keep doing it. Some say once a month is fine but the many months build up and after awhile I don't want it to cause any long-lasting effects. What I mean by that is not the insight you get and and the way it can affect you spiritually, I mean on a physical aspect such as damage to the liver or brain or something. I know it probably would be mild and nothing serious but it's not something I am interested in if I continue taking it once a month and later down the road it cause problems.

I'm honestly not too worried about it and really don't care if I have brain damage because it's probably not even severe enough to be noticeable anyway. But yeah your right, the whole tolerance thing and all makes me want to just take it every two or maybe even four months. I see it as a great tool though and everytime I take it it is like I am learning something in a way kind of it's hard to explain. I don't know really I might just take it like every 3 months or something

It doesn't really do noticeable, lasting damage if you do it once a month. Damage comes from longer term use and abuse of the drug or very frequent high doses.

Once you get out of your drug phase even if you did it once a month for 4 years you'd be more than likely be completely fine.

Yeah I kind of had a feeling it would be fine. I agree with you and might take it just whenever I feel like it, but always with a month in between doses.

Would you say that William White (in the FAQ) and others who advise to keep DXM use in moderation and no more than once a month or week or 4 months or whatever (lots of people say different amounts of break time but I find one month being best and one week too much down the road might be too much) just to be safe and not over doing it are mainly talking about avoiding the potential of addiction and abuse? Yeah they could be talking about the physical effects as well but this idea just came to me. When people advise to stay safe as possible and use it in moderation that they are talking about more of preventing the possibility of developing an addiction and this effecting their mental health, psych, and just life in general.

I mean like if you can keep it to once a month and maintain that, it just is more likely for you to not fall into addiction and abuse. Too much of anything is not good and everything is better in moderation. I've read accounts if some people who started like once every 4 months, then to one month, then one week, then once every day on really high doses and needing higher doses for desired effects and needing the drug altogether.

So is the main concern with DXM more on keeping the use in moderation as to prevent becoming dependent and addicted to it and over doing it, causing just whatever negative effects can come from the road if addiction, and the mental and psychological effects it may produce, effecting your overall well being, more than it is actual physical damage such as brain damage or onley's lesions, or organ damage or what have you.

I guess this could go for any drug or any thing in a way really. That's just the concept that came to me.

Last edited:
Huh, most DXM fans seem to use it a lot more for some reason. Most commonly people seem to either hate the stuff to the core or basically chug cough syrup whenever they get the chance. That's pretty cool that you enjoy and haven't abused the hell out of it. A couple times a year isn't going to cause any neurological issues or anything like frequent use would. You probably aren't going to have any problems, assuming you avoid doing anything dangerous under the influence. DXM makes you very dissociated, and thus it can make you very accident prone. That's really the only risk with occasional use of it though, in my opinion. I personally do not enjoy the DXM experience, because it has made me feel quite sick physically. I actually shit my pants on it once 8(