• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking 25-I

I don't think the drugs have anything to do with it but I'd get checked out for schizophrenia - simply because you're at the prime age for it's onset.

Last edited:
I don't think the drugs have anything to do with it but I'd get checked out for schizophrenia - simply because you're at the prime age for it's onset.
I don't know, form what he tells, it sounds more like good ole DP/DR than something more serious.

telling him to worry about schizophrenia might freak him out too much in my opinion. when I had bad DP/DR I was also constantly worrying that it might get worse and I'll lose it for good. never happens with DP/DR though, it's just anxiety.

My biggest problem is feeling like I'm disconnected from the world. Like I was saying early my perception on things feels altered. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I feel like I'm outside my body.
I do think I'm suffering from depersonalization/derealization. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to live a normal life and do some everyday activities like driving. I am constantly thinking about it and it makes me paranoid. I'm definitely not suffering from schizophrenia. What's the best way to deal with this? Thanks again

well for me it was a plethora of things. exercise, healthy food, psychotherapy, medication, meditation, staying clean from most drugs (exluding occasional alcohol), focussing on my life goals, simply not giving up. for me it was most important though that I had friends and familiy who were helpful and understanding. without them I couldn't have done it (at some points my anxiety was so intense that I wasn't even able to get on a train by myself). So reach out to the people around you and be honest about what you feel. the acceptance and empathy you will get from this will definately help you along the way.

also, since your problems were caused/catalysed by a psychedelic experience, you should really find out what that trip was about. if an experience has such profound psychological after effects, it's likely that there was some content you have to deal with. I had this with my ++++ mushroom trip, and it took me over two years to finally get what it was really about. since then, my symptoms have been getting milder and milder. nowadays (3.5 years after), I still get occasional feelings of panic and DR, but I can deal with them and they don't impact my life much anymore.

on the other hand, I also see all of this as a valuable life lesson and feel empowered by having been able to get through all of this. I can definately say that I feel like I came closer to realizing who I really am by struggling that much. maybe sometime in the future, you will see it the same way as I do. :)

PS: if you have more questions, feel free to hit me up via a private message!

Look at this article from a Stanford University anthropologist about hallucinations on this site:

https://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/july/voices-culture-luhrmann-071614.html

In western society admitting having hallucinations often receives negative responses. This hurts people with mental illness. In reality hallucinations aren't inherently bad and are often neutral. I have/had schizophrenia and have mostly grown out of the illness. The only lingering effect is visual and auditory distortions. I am grateful I am a person who has made as much progress as I have. I am at peace.

I learned the hallucinations are easily ignored. They are harmless static. At first I hyper focused on them. Eventually I began practicing acknowledging and accepting them, then letting the thought disappear. Slowly this process became unconscious and now I am at peace.

Research the Nobel Prize winner John Forbes Nash. Nash famously recovered from schizophrenia. Well mostly, in his later years a touch of hallucinations remained. They also have a wonderful movie about his life titled "A Beautiful Mind".

397px-John_Forbes_Nash%2C_Jr._by_Peter_Badge.jpg

John Forbes Nash Jr. (June 13, 1928-May 23, 2015) was an American mathematician and economist. Serving as a Senior Research Mathematician at Princeton University during the later part of his life, he shared the 1994 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with game theorists Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.

Go watch the movie.

How long did it take you to find peace?

When I got started making notes I began noticing I was making progress. I had known the process could be slow. I could look at how I felt three months ago and realize I was making progress. Then three months later I realized I was making more progress. I began accepting my reality, feeling safer, and gradually I found peace.

Realize any persons quality of life could improve including people with mental illness such as us.

The life of a person with mental illness has the same inalienable value as any other persons. Your life is valuable. With hope and effort your life will improve and you'll find peace.

When I got started making notes I began noticing I was making progress. I had known the process could be slow. I could look at how I felt three months ago and realize I was making progress. Then three months later I realized I was making more progress. I began accepting my reality, feeling safer, and gradually I found peace.

Realize any persons quality of life could improve including people with mental illness such as us.

The life of a person with mental illness has the same inalienable value as any other persons. Your life is valuable. With hope and effort your life will improve and you'll find peace.

Honestly, I am amazed. You're seeing the light and you understand now. You say it was slow, but from my point of view, it was pretty quick. Ironically, one step at a time is the fastest because then you won't need to backtrack at all.

You are young, and this is only going to push you further along than everyone else your age. I know it because I'm around tens of thousands Mon-Thurs and the majority of them are around your age. Most of them are uneasy and allow the negativity to control their persona. Busting through the effects of the Information Age is very difficult, yet you did it. I can tell. I'm proud to say that you are someone I actually know.

Reach for the stars. Even if you fall, you'll land on the clouds. :)

What kind of medication helped you?im also looking into other forms of treatment.

Nothing was effective. Personally I preferred the hallucinations over the effects of modern anti-pscyhotics and mood stabilizers. I admit those medications could benefit people in the midst of physical turmoil. In those situations I think those medication should only get utilized the shortest duration possible. If I never quit the medication I doubt I could have healed.

My improvement was mostly the result of journaling and regular exercise. I got well, I eventually grew out of my schizophrenia. I got a few good ideas, stayed healthy, and began improving. Perhaps keeping busy also had a positive influence. I was constantly busy with learning, exercising, and music (The Grateful Dead if my favorite band).

My goal in life is designing better medication I think could alleviate both the positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Taking a pill to stay in touch with reality is easier than getting well as I have. From my experience no such medication exists. My life really was a trip thus far. Let's hope in my future I could create medications making other trips easier, an alternate solution.