View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking 25-I

Ben19

Greenlighter
I've done a lot of dumb shit in high school. I use to take pain killers to deal with my social anxiety and depression. I smoked once in a while during high school. Then during my junior year I was starting to experiment with other stuff. My friend gave me something called 25-I and it was this little tab. Later I started to feel sick and almost threw up. All day my head felt like it was static. Ever since I've taken it I haven't felt the same.It's been a year and a half and I've gotten better but I still don't feel 100% me. I've been clean ever since and I was wondering what else can I do to move on from this?

Part of the problem is you have no idea what you took. You should never, ever take drugs without using reagent testing.

That aside, people can have negative reactions like this from psychedelics and 25i is a particularly dangerous, problematic one. Exercise and sunlight help a lot. Socialize if you can but avoid drugs as much as possible (weed will be very unhelpful). Usually it's just a matter of waiting.

Have you been getting exercise? Getting outside?

First of all, there are threads here specifically for this substance (25I-NBOMe), you can find them in the Psychedelic Drugs Index or via the search engine. Furthermore, I believe you should provide more details about the trip you had (besides feeling sick), the differences between before and after the experience, and also about how this links to the anxiety and depression you apparantly had before this incident. It's easier to give useful and appropriate advice with more information. I have a long story with overcoming a tough psychedelic experience, but since you are not me, I don't want to generalize about what you should do.

ps: how old are you? can you talk to people about how you feel?

I don't get out that often and I've been working out a lot more lately.

please give us more information than just that. nobody can give you any good advice (besides "going out" and "exercise" which are kind of universal), without knowing a little more.

I took something called 25-I about a year and half ago.when I took it I started to feel sick and had the feeling of throwing up.My head was all fuzzy and it fell like it was all static.It lasted for about 7-8 hours until I went to sleep. I don't know how to explain it but the next day I felt different. I felt like my vision or something was affected. I've been clean ever since and just trying to stay healthy.

I think that the only advice any one here can give you, is the generic advice: eat healthy, exercise a lot, eat you vitamins, maybe do some yoga or meditation, and most important, keep a positive outlook - because if you are patient, time will heal you.

And what ever you do, stay away from all drugs - particuarly weed.

If you go see a doctor, he might give you medication. I'd personally advice against it, because the medication actually could potentially make you worse - or give you other new problems to fight with. Doctors don't always know what's best.

I'm sorry. btw, that you had such a bad experience, and that you are still paying for it.

I've been doing some looking and I think I have hppd. Can taking 25i only once cause someone to have hppd.

(yes to the HPPD thing)
yes :( im sorry to tell you it is, i used to trip a whole fucking lot, i had a hit of what im prety sure was 25-i, no way of telling sadly though, that was 3 years ago.... i havent felt "the same" since, i have forgotten what "the same" feels like or is, i do not know normal, but i am also schizophrenic since i was 6, or earlier who knows thats just when i first talked to voices in the air and ran from violent murderous shadows, so that could make it much worse, but in my opinion its the opposite, i dont remember hallucinations being problematic before that

(No, running from shadows and talking to voices wasnt bad, i don't remember being very scared unless i was alone, i had this glimmer in my head of a kind of peace and clarity, a feeling that i'm safe and peaceful, its just a dream, its all ok, a feeling that has no existence without heavy narcotics these days)

contrary to the other posters, i found and still find weed to help, but need cbd in high amounts mixed in, or i hallucinate and become delusional instantaneously after smoking small amounts

in my opinion, anti psycotics are horrible for anything but completely incapacitating my penis for all intents and purposes for all eternity(or until you stop the psych pills)

if i were you, I WOULD GET TO A DOCTOR ASAP

Last edited:
your post inspired me to research HPPD more, i found this in a post, IMO HPPD is really just PTSD, but it's associated with anomalous sensory experiences as triggers.
You're mind has become much more attuned to the energy in matter, you're seeing things clearly with one corner of our every-day blinders taken off.
thumbup.gif

Don't worry about them. You are only seeing things in the world that you weren't aware of before you took psychedelics. Believe me, you can see a lot more weird stuff.
They gave me the anti-psychotic risperidone, and I had visuals, flashes of lights, green and red CEV's, etc, then I read there was research going on because the AP risperidone causes visuals in people who had previously taken LSd

I've had visuals for 6 months since my last Spirit-Walk. Usually surfaces start flowing together, the ceiling becomes a planetary constellation floating in a cyclical pattern, and I can watch what I would imagine to be energy flows and ebbs patterned across the ground.

Oh and sometimes entire buildings start to flash black and white dramatically for a few seconds.

these are anecdotal reports of people with HPPD, does this help? i am willing to copy and paste more or tell you more about my own experience if it helps
i know its fucking scary as shit to wake up and realize hey, i have no control over my senses or thoughts anymore, especially after hearing all the bullshit propaganda about drugs and having just tripped (OH NO im a glass of oarnge juice?), trust me, it gets easier

SERIOUS WARNING:if you do suddenly find you have become a glass full of oarnge juice, WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT TIP OVER, if that juice spills its over bro, YOU WILL STROKE, SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST, SUDDEN HEAD EXPLOSION ALL AT ONCE

You'll be okay as long as you keep yourself busy. Don't start spiralling inwards; go out and try some new things. Go for a walk and take a bunch of pictures. Stay positive and don't fixate on imaginary damages that you can't see. Do something to make yourself smile and see where that leads you.

Who do I talk to about hppd or what I'm going through.
Some kind of therapist or a psychologist maybe? He can't make it go away, but maybe he can make you feel better about it. Have you talked to your friends and family?

I'm sorry, but there is nothing that any one can do that can make it go away. And I still think that the doctor advice is bad. Because the doctors can't do anything. There can only be 3 outcomes from a visit to the doctor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/Antipsychotic

https://en.wikipedia.org/Antidepressant

https://en.wikipedia.org/Benzodiazepine

None of them are viable solutions to your problem. And they all have their own dangers and bad sides since they are drugs too.

There's a big and dandy thread for people with HPPD here:The-Big-and-Dandy-HPPD-Thread

I personally think that the best you could do for yourself, is sign up for a buddhistic meditation course, or maybe just some "mindfullness".

Last edited:
lately I feel like I'm losing my mind and everything I see is different like my perception has been altered. I have some good days then I have my bad days. When I look into the mirror my perception is different. I really appreciate all the advice you people are giving me.

Look at this article from a Stanford University anthropologist about hallucinations on this site:

https://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/july/voices-culture-luhrmann-071614.html

In western society admitting having hallucinations often receives negative responses. This hurts people with mental illness. In reality hallucinations aren't inherently bad and are often neutral. I have/had schizophrenia and have mostly grown out of the illness. The only lingering effect is visual and auditory distortions. I am grateful I am a person who has made as much progress as I have. I am at peace.

I learned the hallucinations are easily ignored. They are harmless static. At first I hyper focused on them. Eventually I began practicing acknowledging and accepting them, then letting the thought disappear. Slowly this process became unconscious and now I am at peace.

Research the Nobel Prize winner John Forbes Nash. Nash famously recovered from schizophrenia. Well mostly, in his later years a touch of hallucinations remained. They also have a wonderful movie about his life titled "A Beautiful Mind".

397px-John_Forbes_Nash%2C_Jr._by_Peter_Badge.jpg

John Forbes Nash Jr. (June 13, 1928-May 23, 2015) was an American mathematician and economist. Serving as a Senior Research Mathematician at Princeton University during the later part of his life, he shared the 1994 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with game theorists Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.

Go watch the movie.

Last edited: