Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Syrian Rue (Peganum Harmala) and Antipsychotics

blowjay

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I am asking yet another question relating to antipsychotics. This time around I am curious if MAOIs are able to work while taking antipsychotics.

I am not finding anything via google searches but would like to hear opinions if anyone has any about this subject.

I know firsthand that traditional psychedelics don't work as they should when on antipsychotics but an MAOI is something entirely different and I am thinking they just may work although I don't know how much one would hallucinate.

I may have to experiment and see how this goes.

Please don't experiment until someone chimes in with info, because MAOIs prevent the breakdown of some drugs and if they affect antipsychotics it could be a very dangerous combination. However I am not sure if they do or not. It may also depend on the particular antipsychotic.

Well it looks like I won't do any experimenting. Apparently my bupropion (wellbutrin) interacts with MAOIs.

Oh yeah damn that would have been bad... glad you checked it out.

Some atypical antipsychotics, including ziprasidone, actually block serotonin reuptake as a secondary effect and could be really dangerous with MAOIs.