• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Syrian rue is magic...

chris_p

Bluelighter
had a lot left from making ayahuasca learnt it apparently inhibits all the PD450 enzymes from another post. Took some clonazepam (1mg) with 3g rue and it was WAAY intesified... felt like at least 3-4 g... gonna try this with kratom next time and see if that potentiates it as well since its metabolised similarly. Always testing with small amounts though :)

Anyone else used the rue or another MAOI inhibitor as potentiators? I know of course it can be very dangerous with serotonin releasers.

I've smoked it ahead of caffeine for potentiation. Since it has sedative effects, that's a bit weird. Smoking Syrian Rue, coffee, and pot. Not a bad high.
I've ony done it a few times and that's about it. I've always wondered about potentiating other drugs with it though. Smoking it might be the safest route.

I've smoked it ahead of caffeine for potentiation. Since it has sedative effects, that's a bit weird. Smoking Syrian Rue, coffee, and pot. Not a bad high.
I've ony done it a few times and that's about it. I've always wondered about potentiating other drugs with it though. Smoking it might be the safest route.
I dont smoke it, only take it in caps. Shouldnt make a difference though

From what ive read on psychonautwiki it potentiates basically every drug, dissos, opioids, pyschs, and dangerously potentiates stims + SSRIS, SERT releasers

Generally from what I can tell the MAOI prevents monoamine oxidase from clipping amine groups off neurotransmitters, increasing their concentration in the body, and since all drugs will alter or increase your expression of monoamines the effect is noticeably potentiating. With cannabis it changes the drug entirely and feels much more like spice. Extreme care must be taken when messing around with MAOI combos they are notoriously fatal

Of course I plan on taking very small doses at a time. MAOIs extreme potentiating effects generally make it unappealing to most, but of course, if it can make the great ayahuasca, I think it can be a powerful tool to temper any drug (except stims and mdma)

I have only one proper experience with Syrian Rue and it was in a high dose, can’t recall exact number but many times of what’s needed for use as MAOI to activate oral DMT. It was really nice but it did cause serious diarrhea and felt lethargic at moments.

Better extract active components from Syrian Rue, even in a form of crude extract cuz it got quite a few chems that are better avoided, more so for regular use.

Also MAOIs are dangerous in many combos but it’s not right that they potentiate all drugs. Tho with some MAOIs that have perceivable action even alone that’s kind of true, but in such way most drugs potentate almost all drugs.

Syrian Rue..isn't this sort of like other cacti/Mescaline family? As you can see I have yet to trip these and can not wait! They seem astonishing and right up my alley. Lord knows I love my mushrooms and LSD.

Syrian Rue..isn't this sort of like other cacti/Mescaline family? As you can see I have yet to trip these and can not wait! They seem astonishing and right up my alley. Lord knows I love my mushrooms and LSD.
No... syrian rue is not a psychedelic. It's used to potentiate psychedelics and make DMT orally active. It also potentiates most other drugs. On its own it just acts as an antidepressant

I have only one proper experience with Syrian Rue and it was in a high dose, can’t recall exact number but many times of what’s needed for use as MAOI to activate oral DMT. It was really nice but it did cause serious diarrhea and felt lethargic at moments.

Better extract active components from Syrian Rue, even in a form of crude extract cuz it got quite a few chems that are better avoided, more so for regular use.

Also MAOIs are dangerous in many combos but it’s not right that they potentiate all drugs. Tho with some MAOIs that have perceivable action even alone that’s kind of true, but in such way most drugs potentate almost all drugs.
Almost every drug releases neurotransmitters in some form so preventing their breakdown by inhibition of monoamine oxidase potentiates and increases the length of almost every drug. Cannabis with syrian rue and without syrian rue is a complete night and day different drug, try it for yourself.

I don't just speak from experience, it's a generally agreed consensus. Even if you take syrian rue and smoke DMT its gonna be much longer lasting and youll need a lot less to breakthrough

Almost every drug releases neurotransmitters in some form so preventing their breakdown by inhibition of monoamine oxidase potentiates and increases the length of almost every drug. Cannabis with syrian rue and without syrian rue is a complete night and day different drug, try it for yourself.

I don't just speak from experience, it's a generally agreed consensus. Even if you take syrian rue and smoke DMT its gonna be much longer lasting and youll need a lot less to breakthrough
I never noticed MAOI making benzos or opiates stronger. I don’t think they potentate NMDA antagonists or delirics either. Also their effect on non-tryptamine psychedelics varies from being dangerous with phenetylamines to some people getting potentattion with acid some not. I only tried Syrian Rue and l-deprenyl. I think effects of MAOIs, especially those used for ayahuasca. Mix of harmaline, harmine and other alkaloids makes for a pretty strong stuff even alone. I would describe my experience with pretty high dose of Syrian Rue I would say it was very relaxing but psychedelic too. I imagine a lot less would produce strong synergy with many drugs, not only potentation cuz it’s MAOI but cuz it’s active by itself too.
I don’t recall taking l-deprenyl with anything but opiods and etizolam, not noticing any significant difference but high being more clear-headed. I also tried it with amphetamine, having pretty high tolerance back than and potetation was very strong (like many times) and also it felt like there was some synergy too as I haven’t felt so good on amphetamine for a long time and in a way never. That was pretty dangerous and stupid when I was pretty self-destructive. It’s worth noting that other combos including stims are even much more dangerous and should never be atempted. Also if it was non selective and/or irreversible MAOI even combo with plain amphetamine would be a lot more dangerous I assume.

It wont harm to add that MAOi + tramadol or other opiate with SNRI or SSRI activity would be very dangerous.