• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs synthetic drugs - anyone watching dateline! 25i

Honestly, I hear about all these new drugs lately with strange, unfamiliar names, half the time I'm wondering how the heck do people even find these or know about them? I didn't realize the drug world was so "vast".

I don't think I'd try any of them though, especially if assuming they're on the new side, not much information has probably been established yet, right?
The K2 / Spice scares were enough for me, and I never even tried those.
I am kind of curious how these newer ones differ from the typical psychoactives we come across.
Just not curious enough to try them. :p

What about Kratom? Would this fall in that category, or is it natural?
I've been looking into this for my anxiety and depression. I heard it isn't for everyone, but I've also heard heaps of positive reports on kratom. I just ordered some and can't wait to try it, though I hear it can be addicting over time and have bad side effects as well. I'll have to write a post on my experiences after I give it a try.
If that's not synthetic, then I apologize for straying away from the main topic

Kratom is natural and relatively safe. Some people do get a habit, but its not like H or anything. It is beginning to be banned in states though. Indiana Tennesse and maybe Iowa I think.

Pretty much the only psychoactive-type things you can legally buy at headshops around where I live anymore are kratom and kava kava.

It is beginning to be banned in states though.

It would be a fucking travesty if kratom were actually banned. It's such a benign thing...it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were to be eventually banned, though, with the USA's current opioid hysteria

I can buy at a head shop? or is that you asking me? def. CANT buy Etizolam at a head shop - or at least not that I know of here in the Boston area.

I always picked them up online; like most/all do. pretty sure there was a misunderstanding there; I didnt meant to sound as if I bought from a head shop. I was talking about the Synthetic type weed and whatnot at head shops; not the GOOD drugs, lol

Ok that's what I thought you meant, just clarifying.

It would be a fucking travesty if kratom were actually banned. It's such a benign thing...it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were to be eventually banned, though, with the USA's current opioid hysteria

Its going to happen. There was just a write up in my local paper about it recently. Its the beginning of the end. And I agree that its pretty ridiculous. About as ridiculous as salvia being banned. Which is also banned here.

Yeah, Kratom is a herb.
It falls more into the "ethnobotanical" side of things, which is sort of falling into the old synthetic vs natural false dichotomy.
Many of the herbs sold as "legal highs" are just as untested as the drugs - whereas others have a long history of human use.
Both have some level of crossover in terms of the people buying and selling them - but for various reasons, it seems that governments and regulatory bodies are more accepting of "herbs" than they are of "synthetic drugs" - which can be a bit absurd at times, when there are synthetic chemicals that are physically benign, and herbs that are highly toxic.

I totally agree. Like when people use the fact that marijuana is natural as an argument for legalization. Im all for legalization but the fact that its natural has nothing to do with it. Poison ivy is natural, roll some up and smoke it and see what happens. DISCLAIMER: Just in case anyone is THIS stupid, I am not actually suggesting smoking poison ivy.

Salvia is still legal here, actually, I'm pretty sure. I don't really consider salvia to be an "addictive drug", though (unlike spice, "bath salts", kratom etc)

Just to answer your question, yup, you want kratom, you want phenibut, you can get it elsewhere besides Gary.

I don't know anything about Gary. But around here you wont find a thing in the shops. Store owners had a whole heap of legal trouble when it happened. They learned their lesson. They never sold kratom here anyways. As far as I know phenibut is legal in all 50 states, and when I got kratom I either went to Louisville or got a po box in KY and had it shipped there.

Salvia is still legal here, actually, I'm pretty sure. I don't really consider salvia to be an "addictive drug", though (unlike spice, "bath salts", kratom etc)

nope. Sometimes I look through the booking records in town, and sometimes charges will read: Narc poss-synthetic drug/salvia

I just looked up the salvia* info for my state (Alaska). Apparently it's not currently in the controlled substances act and it's on a state-by-state basis (according to wiki, anyway) and, while Alaska is one of the states that has proposed a ban at one point, it never made it into law. Yeah I don't know about kava. I do know that they sell it at the local headshop, though, because it's right there next to the kratom packs.

*not that I'd really care any way, I hate salvia.

Oh I got ya. Sorry I was confused. I thought you were saying you were in Indiana also. And I hate it too. 3 minutes of pure anxiety and feeling like half of my body was on the floor and half was on the ceiling.

would Kratom give someone like myself a buzz? someone who once had a 1-2G/day heroin addiction? someone who is STILL on 8MG/bupe/day!?

does Kratom and bupe work together? meaning can you feel the Kratom even w/ the bupe in the system?

I gave Kratom a try ONCE but it was in the middle of a disaster of an dope addiction and I was just looking for an easy way out; well, we all know there is no easy way out so I never even ended up using the Kratom more than once and just stuck to the dope; eventually I moved and just threw the Kratom away w/ the rest of the "garbage" that day. I will always remember the TERRIBLE taste of the Kratom; I was never good at drinking/swallowing things that taste so terrible; its part of the reason why I started SHOOTING instead of just SNORTING things. crazy, right?

My opinion (which is only my opinion, completely anecdotal):

It probably won't give you a buzz, but it MAY help you from becoming sick when you're in WD. I'm a big fan of kratom and it's been partially responsible for the fact that I'm 30+ days sober currently (from heroin). I never had a big habit, though, so full disclosure on that...heroin is very expensive where I live so users always tend to have small habits. At my peak I was probably shooting...2 points a day, maybe? So yeah, doesn't even touch 1-2 grams. I've introduced kratom to people with longer, more extensive habits than mine, though, and they've had success with it. So it may be worth checking out if you want to get off the subs and H.

see, I am on of those who are not worried about being "sober" considering all that is happening in my life. at the same time I do NOT want to give my life away like I was once doing w/ the absurd amount of drugs being used daily and the OD's and all the other BS that came along and tapped God on the shoulder multiple times asking for just ONE MORE CHANCE! (no, I am NOT one of those who truly believe and follow the book and whatnot; but I do believe in a higher power and you will hear me say THANK GOD or something along those lines, but showing I believe in SOMETHING above me - WHO THE FUCK NOWS, THO! cuz by now, I should be getting my reward back for all good things done rather than it get worse and worse, day by day, ya know?! lol. we all said it before I bet).

either way, sobriety is whatever you want it to be. as long as you get by, live a steady/healthy life which makes YOU HAPPY and puts a smile on YOUR FACE, then you are doing the right thing. I have another thread going on about my Brain Tumor and how the Dr. recently told me I MAY have a 5yr life expectancy rate; makes you think!? did I do enough in life? I party like a rockstar (because its what I once enjoyed doing most). you really never know when life will be taken from you, so make sure you live to the fullest and do WHAT YOU WANT TO DO and what MAKES YOU HAPPY! not what others want you to do, or what others consider real/right, whether it be job, marriage, kids, traveling, location, etc. I am not saying do BAD or break laws, but remember life can truly end ANY DAY/ANY MINUTE, whether you are a rich motherfucker or a poor bastard, things change so drastically.

Yeah that's real tough man. I don't know about cancer but I struggle with my own health problems and yeah, no one understands it unless they have what you have. And even then...everyone is an individual, everyone deals with shit in their own ways. Can't suggest any sort of course for you to take but I will say that I went into hard drugs in a big way after I was diagnosed with a serious disease (when I was 24...I'm 27 now). Before that time I had only tried booze, weed, mushrooms and (once) MDMA. Now? Fuck, you name it I've done it almost. You name it and I've smoked it, snorted it, popped it or shot it.

Drugs are so banal though, ultimately. They have incredible applications but recreational drug use to me is about on the same level as watching TV or jerking off. Just something to shut your brain down to. If someone were to tell me "you only have 5 years to live" I'm not sure what I'd do. But I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't automatically just say "fuck it" and dive head first into hardcore substance abuse.

see, man, I was already a drug addict before the brain tumor/cancer came about. I already did jail time, had problems, been through problems, etc. and then BOOM, it all hit harder come the day I had a seizure; I thought it was because I was detoxing from a benzo and typically seizures can happen when coming off a benzo. so when I wake up in a hospital that night I blamed my GF at the time for overreacting, lol. imagine, blaming someone for bringing you to an ER for having a seizure, ha. that is just the addict mind "hard" at work that night. it was that night I found out I had a brain tumor/cancer. I had my first surgery in 2012 and it went well; I was told nothing but the best and went w/ that for many, many years, being able to work, speak, memories, etc. but as time passed my condition became worst and just over the last 6-9 months my memory has became a problem; my short term memory is complete shit, man! I am NO GOOD when it comes to names, esp. if I just met you within the last 9 months or so. memory from past, just fine. memory from the present, sucks. part of the reason why I lost my job in sales; I cannot remember my new accounts, names w/ accounts, etc. it became a problem w/ life itself. which caused other problems.

I do not want to get into this all now on this random thread but you can see my other posts or even my blogs and see the misery I once been through and the misery I got myself out of. well, now I feel that misery is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER ONCE AGAIN but I am hoping to stay away. stay far, far, far away. yes, I've shot dope since finding out all the information once again but I WILL NOT DO/BE WHAT I ONCE DID/AM. I refuse.. END OF STORY!

thank you for the support/answers/questions, etc.

love all my BL peeps!