• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs synthetic drugs - anyone watching dateline! 25i

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I've never done them; been a hard core addict - heroin, benzos, etc. but the new drugs coming out I know NOTHING about them but I've seen a few different things on here.

just wondering how many people out there are actually using them? you can buy RIGHT in head shops/NYC shops, right? I've seen something on these on HBO before, too. people went right into a shop and bought some synthetic weed from some head shop.

also, what age are you? just wondering if these are all be done by a younger crowd or just maybe people who are into these weird "legal" buys and shit.

There was a lot of synthetic pot being sold in my area in MA. Someone tested positive for cathinones or something from smoking them too. There was a lot of 25x around but it kind of died 2 years ago, still some around though. I hate that Dateline shit though, they just exaggerate it and keep saying "you never know what your getting" and "russian roulette". Literally all the shows on synthetics say the same thing.

Yeah, this Dateline was about a 17 year old young woman dying after taking nBome25i due to kids not wanting to get in trouble with parents. Another person took it with no issues. A photo appeared to show two tabs on the girl's tongue. There was a boatload of self-incriminating evidence of their trip. These were all squeaky clean honors students in MN.

The deceased thought she had bought LSD. The hour long story did not "reveal" the type of drug until after a lengthy discussion about "synthetic drugs." But I knew what had killed her within the first minute.

The real purpose of the story was to educate the public while making the story as scary as possible. New things, being unknown, are more scary. However, the dangers of 25i have been well documented on this site and elsewhere for years now.

One interesting remark by the DEA guy, though.

He stated in the "past year" the Feds seized 50,000 pounds of chemicals from China and made 400 arrests. Doing the math, that comes out to one arrest per 125 pounds!!! An interesting statistic which says a lot about the odds, such as, don't buy over 50 lb at a time. Ha ha.

out of curiosity, how long has the Synthetic Drug market been out there? I never touched it and have no intention on ever using anything Synthetic; thats not because I feel its wrong, its just because I am an old school addict and want the real thing, lol. unless we are talking synthetic dope, then maybe, just maybe, ill take a "shot" w/ the stuff. ha.

I know there are those synthetic opiates that a lot of dope is being cut w/ noadays - all that fent shit you hear about but I dont know how to go about that stuff so I never did it. but nowadays the dope around these parts are so damn white its all being cut w/ that synthetic bullshit, I believe. am I right by calling that fent stuff synthetic?

NO freakin' way I would smoke any "blend" from anywhere. Stick to cannabis if wish for health and sanity, and not kidney failure and siezures

Right after the first or second ban where am2201 was the primary one being used, it was tolerable but now.. the last I tried was about a year and a half ago or so.. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, was having a major panic attack. All .. I could think about was how much I didn't want to end up dead or in an ER and tell them "it's spice"

Now if I want to get high, I smoke weed

Last edited:
lol, yes, but I guess some kids cannot get it, which is why they use this shit, right? or maybe I dont know. WHO DOES KNOW!? WHY DO PEOPLE USE THIS STUFF!? its just supposed to be like weed, right? and some tabs, acid? so why not stick to the real drugs? this shit is all sold legal at the local head shop. I know around my area I see this stuff sold on street corner shops but I live in a inner-city type spot, so the drugs FLOW, baby! I live right in Boston, so any of the corner shops in a more run down neighborhood will surly have this bullshit. along w/ bongs, pipes and everything else to get highhhhhhhhH!

the RC market has been around since Shulgin pretty much.. correct me if I am wrong. That's a while. It's only been brought into the limelight because of time and the nature of the net, mixed with how much human being want to get high and will at any cost

Yeah what a joke that show was. The cops ran that case hard, though. If it was just some broke junkie dying in a crackhouse with a needle in his arm no one would give a shit, but since it's a middle class white girl high school student in the burbs, WATCH OUT. 8) Also, "synthetic drugs" contrasted against LSD...what, do they think that LSD can be found anywhere in nature?

Also, this girl supposedly "did her homework" on LSD, yet a 25i soaked tab didn't register in her mouth as being odd tasting, despite obviously letting it linger there? What the fuck is going on here

legit, nothing bothers me more then when its a "middle class YOUNG white girl". seriously, that right there makes ANY STORY A BIG STORY THAT MUST BE HEARD! not only that, but it puts the fear in ALL PARENTS ACROSS THE WORLD!

the young Spanish broad who got shot in the ghetto and was running rocks to get by got raped and murdered but that was all pushed under the rug and expected of her considering where she was from and where her family came from, right?

just crazy how this world works, man.

BBT, the whole "synthetic drugs" term is really a misnomer. A media thing.
A better term is "NPS" - "new psychoactive substance(s)" or "novel psychoactive substances".
There has been something of a cat-and-mouse scene of new drugs being synthesized and sold (semi) legally before they can be banned for - i believe - 15 or 20 years now, online.
Arguably this culture goes back way further, to advertisements in various magazines selling drugs like GHB in the 80s and ketamine in the 60s and 70s.

I saw "semi legally", because they are usually sold strictly on the basis that they are not for human consumption.
It is an industry built on a widely understood lie.

But most of the drugs sold these days are analogues of existing drugs, in all different classes (opioids, stimulants, psychedelics, cannabinomimetics, dissociatives, benzos etc).

Where i live, only the synthetic cannabinoids are still available in shady stores, but i have seen all kinds of powders and pills in the past.
The sad irony in the fact that these drugs that are sold as cannabis alternatives are still available is that they are deadly (arguably some of the most deadly NPS/research chemicals) out there - and they are thought of as a substitute for weed - one of the safest drugs there is.

All in all, having so many people using drugs that we often have absolutely no toxicity data or longterm safety information on is pretty scary. It's another sign (to me at least) that the drug war has failed us, and major law reform needs to happen.

I hope that answers some of your question/s? :)

Im in Indiana and they cracked down hard on this shit in 2012. Even kratom is illegal. As far as I know no stores are selling any kind of rc "not for human consumption" shit. Are you guys telling me you can still buy synthetics in shops in your states?

crazy how the world offers "legal drugs" because many cannot get their hand on the illegal drugs that more much more safe for the body. funny how that works, huh!?

of course, I used Etizolam before getting scripted Xanny. no, its not a synthetic but its kinda what you had just mentioned. its a somewhat "legal" drug here in the states but def. in a gray area; meanwhile, Etizolam is illegal elsewhere, which surprises me that the US still has it in that gray area. I always used it when I did not have the ability to get a benzo script; it worked but was not as whacky, or scary, when I hear these other stories talking about "weed" and whatnot.

I am a bit lost when it comes to all this shit. I am probably NOT even comparing the same things but in my eyes the drug game has changed so much over the years; the internet has RUINED THE WORLD, never mind just drugs. then again, who knows, I am one of those who just blames his past for everything rather than changing my future, ya know!? I am sure there are others on this board who are somewhat similar.

funny how the world works.

Umm, just canibinoids really when they first came out. Then you knew it was pretty much JWH-18 or another JWH. Tried some blends I got off the street a year ago and they have gotten waaay stronger. Only reason I got them was because I wanted to smoke really bad and couldn't cuz of my suboxone program, which I might be getting kicked out of because of my 3rd strike with bud,bullshit.(you still doing the Sub thing browntown??) I tried etizolam but wouldn't consider that synthetic since it's prescribed in other countries. It got made illgeal in my state right after I tried it, which sucked, plent more benzo's thought, my town is loaded with xanax,lol. Really the only drugs in the RC that interest me are SOME of the Psyceldelcs, benzos, and fent analouges(as long as I have a good scale). Everything else is just shit stims and if I wanted stims I would just get some Crystal.

Edit: kinda interested in trying u4774 whatever that opiate one is just to try it as i've heard it's ok, which means it will be taken away soon most likely. Did wanna try MXE, and since there is no real MDMA around anymore, i wouldn't mind trying some of the ones that are REALLY close in effects...but when you go to the sites its mostly just shitty stim after shitty stim, or tons of canibinoids.

Honestly, I hear about all these new drugs lately with strange, unfamiliar names, half the time I'm wondering how the heck do people even find these or know about them? I didn't realize the drug world was so "vast".

I don't think I'd try any of them though, especially if assuming they're on the new side, not much information has probably been established yet, right?
The K2 / Spice scares were enough for me, and I never even tried those.
I am kind of curious how these newer ones differ from the typical psychoactives we come across.
Just not curious enough to try them. :p

What about Kratom? Would this fall in that category, or is it natural?
I've been looking into this for my anxiety and depression. I heard it isn't for everyone, but I've also heard heaps of positive reports on kratom. I just ordered some and can't wait to try it, though I hear it can be addicting over time and have bad side effects as well. I'll have to write a post on my experiences after I give it a try.
If that's not synthetic, then I apologize for straying away from the main topic

Yeah, Kratom is a herb.
It falls more into the "ethnobotanical" side of things, which is sort of falling into the old synthetic vs natural false dichotomy.
Many of the herbs sold as "legal highs" are just as untested as the drugs - whereas others have a long history of human use.
Both have some level of crossover in terms of the people buying and selling them - but for various reasons, it seems that governments and regulatory bodies are more accepting of "herbs" than they are of "synthetic drugs" - which can be a bit absurd at times, when there are synthetic chemicals that are physically benign, and herbs that are highly toxic.

out of curiosity, how long has the Synthetic Drug market been out there? I never touched it and have no intention on ever using anything Synthetic; thats not because I feel its wrong, its just because I am an old school addict and want the real thing, lol. unless we are talking synthetic dope, then maybe, just maybe, ill take a "shot" w/ the stuff. ha.

I know there are those synthetic opiates that a lot of dope is being cut w/ noadays - all that fent shit you hear about but I dont know how to go about that stuff so I never did it. but nowadays the dope around these parts are so damn white its all being cut w/ that synthetic bullshit, I believe. am I right by calling that fent stuff synthetic?

Yes, but even heroin is semi-synthetic as it doesn't occur naturally. Same with cocaine. The only difference between semi and fully synthetic are semi-synthetic's start with a naturally occuring precursor.

Just to answer your question, yup, you want kratom, you want phenibut, you can get it elsewhere besides Gary.

Im in Indiana and they cracked down hard on this shit in 2012. Even kratom is illegal. As far as I know no stores are selling any kind of rc "not for human consumption" shit. Are you guys telling me you can still buy synthetics in shops in your states?

Yes, but even heroin is semi-synthetic as it doesn't occur naturally. Same with cocaine. The only difference between semi and fully synthetic are semi-synthetic's start with a naturally occuring precursor.

Whether cocaine qualifies as "semi-synthetic" is actually debatable. Cocaine is a naturally occuring compound in coca leaves, and the raw plant material is consumed as a stimulant by people in the Andes. "Snortable" cocaine is the drug's isolated hydrochloride salt form, which is enough for some people to consider it semi-synthetic, in the same way that morphine sulfate (the salt form of the principal alkaloid in natural opium) is.

Heroin, on the other hand, is without a question semi-synthetic, as the compound itself has been chemically modified (from morphine to diacetylmorphine). A more apt comparison would be LSD, which is based on naturally occuring ergotamine converted into lysergic acid diethylamide.

crazy how the world offers "legal drugs" because many cannot get their hand on the illegal drugs that more much more safe for the body. funny how that works, huh!?

of course, I used Etizolam before getting scripted Xanny. no, its not a synthetic but its kinda what you had just mentioned. its a somewhat "legal" drug here in the states but def. in a gray area; meanwhile, Etizolam is illegal elsewhere, which surprises me that the US still has it in that gray area. I always used it when I did not have the ability to get a benzo script; it worked but was not as whacky, or scary, when I hear these other stories talking about "weed" and whatnot.

I am a bit lost when it comes to all this shit. I am probably NOT even comparing the same things but in my eyes the drug game has changed so much over the years; the internet has RUINED THE WORLD, never mind just drugs. then again, who knows, I am one of those who just blames his past for everything rather than changing my future, ya know!? I am sure there are others on this board who are somewhat similar.

funny how the world works.

Yeah I know about etizolam and all the other theinos. They are man made therefore synthetic. Benzos are synthetic too. You can buy etiz at headshops in your state or are you just talking about online?

I can buy at a head shop? or is that you asking me? def. CANT buy Etizolam at a head shop - or at least not that I know of here in the Boston area.

I always picked them up online; like most/all do. pretty sure there was a misunderstanding there; I didnt meant to sound as if I bought from a head shop. I was talking about the Synthetic type weed and whatnot at head shops; not the GOOD drugs, lol