• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread

May I ask VB, what "uneducated" listeners would have "learned" by listening to this?

I can't think of anything a reasonable person would have learnt from the rubbish their callers spewed out of their mouths.

Also, which circles in which forums? Would love to see some other opinions!

May I ask VB, what "uneducated" listeners would have "learned" by listening to this?

I can't think of anything a reasonable person would have learnt from the rubbish their callers spewed out of their mouths.

Also, which circles in which forums? Would love to see some other opinions!

Someone who had no idea about Synthetic Cannabinoids would have got a great education about them. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Please don't attack me again just because I have answered your question. There was really no need to abuse me yesterday just because I said I liked the news piece.

Some of the callers were actually manufacturers and retailers from here in Australia.

Check out the incense forums for the bias view I mentioned.

I thought it was a great news piece. Uneducated listeners would have learned a lot. I am not surprised that the story is getting an ear bashing from certain circles on certain forums though.

OT do you remember when Mr Ibis was on Today Tonight? Or when Splatt was on ACA with his eyes rolling back into his head?

Mr Ibis was on Today Tonight?? When was that and what for?? I would have loved to have seen that.

----
Additional: I just read all 25 pages of this thread - what an absolute mess this whole situation is. That kid's (who smoked synthetic cannabis through a pez container) death could have been entirely prevented with a little education - why can't anyone seem to see that ban ban ban ban, just causes more and more harm. My friend pulled out a bag of Kronic last night and said they used to sell it in tassie for bit before they made it illegal. I asked him what psychoactive it contained and he said he had no idea and after 25 pages I still have no idea what was being peddled - "just some cannabinoid" doesn't quite cut it for me somehow.

Mr Ibis was on Today Tonight?? When was that and what for?? I would have loved to have seen that.

It was ages ago now, tbh it wasn't very interesting... IIRC he was pretty pissed off that they took him outta context but that could be my goldfish memory playing tricks on me yet again.

Dont think anyones mentioned this synthetic cannabinoid before but ive recently tried a product called 'Doob' from a trusted vendor in the UK.Actually came free with certain other products.

So it arrives,it looks exactly like weed,smells nothing like it,took one pipe full of the stuff and was sent straight to a different dimension. It felt like hell had just arosen.All my perceptions were hideously distorted, i could hear voices,see different faces,definatly a heavy psychedelic feel to it. It wasn't nice i must admit for a good hour or so. I thought i was doing damage to my brain or something. The bad trip lasted about 1 hour, but then i nicely started to come down nicely of it and felt ok,very trippy still but no where near as intense(thank god!)

Anyway just thought i make a effort to warn people about this product 'Doob'.Take in small doses,trust me it's very strong!!

Note:very new to this site, so wasn't sure if i put this comment in the right place. Any feedback is welcome.

^ Welcome :)

Synthetic cannabis spreads to APY Lands

2743016-3x2-700x467.jpg

There are signs a new type of illegal drug is becoming widespread on remote Aboriginal lands in South Australia's far north-west, police have warned.

Police say at least half a dozen people in the APY Lands have gone to health clinics recently with symptoms of synthetic cannabis use including hallucinations, seizures, fits and unconsciousness.

The drug can be significantly stronger than actual cannabis and is sold under different names.

Police have warned people not to touch the drug because it can enter the body through pores in the skin and say they are working with the local community and agencies to find the source of the drug.

Synthetic cannabis was banned in South Australia last year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-...y-lands/4356784/?site=indigenous&topic=latest

More synthetic cannabis on the Perth market

FakeWeed-300x0.jpg

A potentially dangerous synthetic form of cannabis is being legally sold from a shop opposite a Perth primary school.

The new drug, called Venom, is a synthetic cannabanoid whose chemical makeup is so unique it is not covered by existing drug legislation, meaning anyone is able to legally purchase it.

It has highlighted the ongoing difficulty in banning new drugs as they come to the market, with Australian governments playing catch-up on legislation.

Last year the WA state government banned a further 14 synthetic cannabanoids following an influx from New Zealand.

Advertisement
But the legislative changes came a day too late for one man who died hours after smoking a synthetic cannabanoid called Kronic, which had become popular in the city.

Opposition leader Mark McGowan said the government had failed to pay attention to the problem, allowing new drugs to slip through the net.

Venom was being sold for $70 a packet and there were reports it was also being sold in regional areas, he said.

"Products like this start to flourish around the place because police, I think, haven't been given direction or instruction to get on the case about these issues," he told 6PR Radio.

"You need to have vigilance, you need to actually watch what comes on to market and deal with it immediately by way of regulation and/or law.

"The government has obviously taken their eye off the ball."

Synthetic cannabanoids are known to cause unusual behaviour and could lead to death.

"We've had reports of young people behaving very strange having taken this drug (Venom)," Mr McGowan said.

Mr McGowan called on Premier Colin Barnett to immediately look at laws to deal with the issue of new drug formulas.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/more-synthetic-cannabis-on-the-perth-market-20121107-28xk3.html

Synthetic cannabis seizure in Port Hedland

2743016-3x2-940x627.jpg

Port Hedland police have seized 100 small bags of what is believed to be synthetic cannabis after intercepting a package at the local post office.

Sergeant Jason Gentili says police will allege the package, addressed to a local business owner, contained about a kilo of the product known as 'K2'.

"This particular one is K2, what they do is just re-name it," he said.

"It could be called Karma, it could be called Kronic, there are various names for it."

He says the seizure will be sent for analysis to determine if the product is on the banned substance list.

"Generally if it is on the list there will be charges preferred," he said.

He says if it is not already on the banned list, it will be added.

Sergeant Gentili says there have been complaints of an increased use of synthetic cannabis in recent times.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-30/synthetic-cannabis-seizure-in-port-hedland/4401248

Lol, I think they will be surprised when they find that is a new analogue not covered under the laws, that will get banned.

And then they will catch a new analogue of it. I wonder how long it will take them to realize that their are hundreds and thousands of them and they are fighting a losing battle? Look at NZ, they have given up already. The US doesn't have to worry so much as most people will be happy with their legal weed. Dear Government, give up already, it will save you millions of dollars and you will have a society with more high, complacent and dumb citizens. Maybe if you do one day there will be a dumber candidate for PM than Tony Abbott. No love from, Jake.

A quick one...

As far as I know and people in the legal fraternity know, ALL chemicals are scheduled in Australia. Example: a person I know went to a herb shop on Smith St the other day, left with the paper bag and on their way to the car were approached my two undercover detectives who searched my friend on the street and around the corner from the shop. The confiscated all the products including (don't get angry I'm mentioning brands for HR), Electrum, chameleon tea (synth smokes) blue lagoon and silver doves. He was taken and charged with possession and is waiting for his summons.

The "legal weed" honeymoon period is well and truly over. Grow a plant and relax, don't take the risk of buying any synthetic smoke or other items.

Personally, the majority out now contains god knows what and either illegal or deadly. Please, be smart.

Everything is illegal under the analogue act but AFAIK no one has yet been successfully prosecuted.

Hopefully he didn't buy enough for them to find it worth the hundreds of thousands of court costs on their end.

Was 5 packs n an ounce of the chameleon product. If anyone should be arrested it should be the store owner of this particular herbal store chain. Not customers!

^ +1 It seems absolutely ludicrous to me that coppers are waiting outside these stores to hassle customers while leaving the store to conduct business as usual! Honestly, it seems majorly unfair to me that anyone can go to a store and buy a product they are told is legal and then be prosecuted if they were lied to. It seems it should be the shop getting in shit for that since they are not only the ones selling it but misinforming people about the potential legal ramifications.

Are we allowed to use product names now?

If so I have a LOT of HR information to contribute but they are NOT safety alerts and would be seen as advertising under the old "no product names" rule.

^ +1 It seems absolutely ludicrous to me that coppers are waiting outside these stores to hassle customers while leaving the store to conduct business as usual! Honestly, it seems majorly unfair to me that anyone can go to a store and buy a product they are told is legal and then be prosecuted if they were lied to. It seems it should be the shop getting in shit for that since they are not only the ones selling it but misinforming people about the potential legal ramifications.

They have been doing it in the states for years. Check out the Drugs Inc - Synthetic Cannis episode to see it really happening. The DEA just seized 150 Million packets of Synthetic in the U.S.

I hope a storm comes and washes the whole world clean of dirty Synthetic Cannabinoids but NO ONE gets busted and it all gets replaced with a regulated and tightly monitored and controlled legal Cannabis model.

Anyone tried "Cheeky Munky"? Can't seem to find any info on it, like what combo of synthetics is used to make it. I am guessing its am2201 but not sure.

Anyone tried "Cheeky Munky"? Can't seem to find any info on it, like what combo of synthetics is used to make it. I am guessing its am2201 but not sure.

One of my mates used to manufacture it and sell it on one of the now defunct RC forums. No idea what is in it now though or whether he is still involved. He used to use URB-XXX Cannabinoids.