• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread

I have a mate who ordered some from an online vendor. I hit him up for a couple of cones and to tell you the truth I thought it was pretty good. Kinda creeps up on you. It has subtle differences to real weed. This shit is definately worth trying while it's still legal.

Don't think I've tried this particular one, but I've tried a few others over the years. They can be enjoyable but I personally wouldn't choose them over the real thing ;)

It's in the media today -

Fake pot known as Kronic is a very chronic concern

A SYNTHETIC cannabis that mimics the effects of marijuana is being sold legally at a growing number of adult shops, tobacconists and herbal retailers.

Health experts fear users of the drug, with the street name Kronic, face the same adverse effects of cannabis including heart palpitations, severe hallucinations, delusions and psychosis.

The legal weed, potentially up to 100 times stronger than regular cannabis, has been available online in Australia for about two years.

But after reports emerged of its widespread use in the mining industry - where it does not show up in on-site drug tests - retailers have rushed to cash in on its increasing popularity.

A mix of herbs and chemicals, Kronic contains synthetic cannabinoids, which mimic the effects of regular cannabis to produce reported feelings of euphoria and relaxation. But it does not contain THC, the main psychoactive compound in regular cannabis that makes it a prohibited drug in Australia.

Unlike other low-key synthetic cannabis products such as K2 or Spice,Kronic's blatant pitch is to get smokers "high".

National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre director Jan Copeland said synthetic cannabis substitutes like Kronic were originally designed to be used on laboratory rats.

"People have no idea what they're smoking," she said.

Professor Copeland said overseas research found long-term use could lead to "nasty withdrawals similar to cannabis but also heroin".

"When something is sold as legal, herbal and, god forbid, natural, it makes it easier for young people to want to try it," she said.

Users should be concerned about products promoted as being legal, with the same effects as an illegal drug, "as little was known about the short and long-term harms", said a Health and Ageing Department spokeswoman.

"The ingredients in these products are often not disclosed and their health effects are not known," she said.

But a spokesman for Kronic's New Zealand manufacturer Light Years said the type of young people likely to smoke cannabis would think Kronic was "uncool" because it was legal.

"The demographic (for Kronic) is older people who may have smoked a bit of pot in their younger days but do not want to risk their jobs or a criminal conviction," the spokesman said.

An Intergovernmental Committee on Drugs was expected to meet yesterday to discuss outlawing Kronic and similar synthetic drugs.

here

Last edited:
Health experts fear users of the drug, with the street name Kronic, face the same adverse effects of cannabis including heart palpitations, severe hallucinations, delusions and psychosis

Whilst it may be possible, I've never known anyone to experience "severe" psychotic features on weed...

potentially up to 100 times stronger than regular cannabis

I think not

Professor Copeland said overseas research found long-term use could lead to "nasty withdrawals similar to cannabis but also heroin".

How can anyone not laugh at such a blatantly sensationalist throw-away line. :\

I do agree with with some of the other points though, like:

"People have no idea what they're smoking," she said.

Users should be concerned about products promoted as being legal, with the same effects as an illegal drug, "as little was known about the short and long-term harms", said a Health and Ageing Department spokeswoman.

Just wondering, are people wanting to try Kronic and other so-called 'legal' weed substitutes just because of curiousity? lack of availability of actual weed? evading drug testing (as appears to be the case in some of these mining towns?)

Planning on trying some, mainly cause of work place drug testing.

Far out, if I was a seller of any of the JWH-xxx / Kronic etc I would be rubbing my hands together with glee after that free advertising news.com.au has just done. (and ordering in a big stock of it) The article is in the top 10 most viewed stories this morning.

If weed was legalized, we would not have to worry about possible long term health problems associated with binging the JWH. Same goes for any drug they have made illegal. Stupid narrow-minded government!

^ye but we would have to deal with and pay for the health problems associated with weed....

Why the fuck smoke this disgusting shit. It tastes like ass, it smells like ass, and at a certain aus wide retailer, "pineapple express" (which tastes like ass and rubber) is $[way too much] for 3 grams!

SMOKE real weed, don't smoke this shit... Do some research and see all the "glowing" (yeah right), reports for this shit...

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably does have JWH sprayed on it.

It has AM2201 and JWH 210, JWH 081 (not 018) and WIN 55... This is from a test a friend of mine did... I'll see if he can give me some paperwork to post in this thread.

REAL KRONIC!

Last edited by a moderator:
^cool, that'd be much appreciated.

i didn't take out your image link initially either as the pic wasn't showing up in the first place. i did remove it when i merged your posts.

this thread isn't about alcohol and it's potential health problems. keep it on topic.

The news on JJJ today said that 1 in 10 mine workers tested by the WA chem centre tested positive for kronic or similar products. Not sure how many were tested or if they were selected without bias. I think 10% is a little high.
That being said there are 4 people living in my row of dongas and 3 of us smoke kronic after work. One bloke even gets it mailed to site.
To anyone wanting to try some, only get pineapple if you do not want to do anything for the rest of the day. You will probably end up underestimating it like everyone else.

the funniest thing is when some "hero" decides to load up a full cone of kronic after being warned, then realise how strong it is.

the funniest thing is when some "hero" decides to load up a full cone of kronic after being warned, then realise how strong it is.

Lol agree, my mate tried some for the first time the other day. Loaded the biggest cone i have ever seen and pulled it. Was vommiting and greened out about 10 minutes later. He smokes weed everyday and couldn't believe how strong it was.

I tried to warn him :\

lol the fuk, daily pot smoker spews off a cone of it.....

sounds a bit strong, but what the hell order made :D

lol the fuk, daily pot smoker spews off a cone of it.....

sounds a bit strong, but what the hell order made :D

I was suprised too haha. I'm always cautious when trying new things, whether they be legal or not =D

I would be cautious too... Being a guinea pig for manufacturers and vendors that couldn't give a fuck if it was toxic or not and all...

The info-tainment morning news show on channel 9 did a big piece on it this morning, must have been at least 100k worth of free national exposure.

I've tried various legal alternatives to marijuana, including Kronic and Spice, and in my experience they are all shit. They taste nasty and left me feeling sick and headachey. Plus they are fairly expensive. Nowadays if I wanna get stoned (which actually isn't often) I'll just score some real weed.

Ive tried 2 - kronic(original) and karma.

Got both from a local headshop in perth city recently.

Kronic - dislike very much, burns gross doesnt taste nice, pretty harsh.

Karma - like! it smells good, burns tasty and the high i prefer.. Its like more of a body high then a mind high i found.. compared to weed.

Paid only slightly more then what weed would have cost on the street.