• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Swollen, painful vein area (Black Tar Heroin IV)

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
For the last two weeks I’ve been shooting black tar heroin. Some of the shots I used a lighter to heat up and others I didn’t, I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to do this or not.

I ended up reusing some needles and missing a fair amount due to rushing my shots, and now my arm is swelling up and very painful.

At what point do I go to the hospital? Should I be worried about endocarditis or anything serious?

I’m now detoxing off of said heroin and am
Sick as a dog so if I have a fever or any infection signs I won’t be able to tell from
My detoxing.

Thank you for your help.

It doesn't look so bad here. How long has it been bothering you? Is the area warmer?
If it doesn't get better or get worse in a couple days, I would go see a doctor.

Some may advise to use a cycle of antibiotics before or instead of seeing a doctor but I think it's better to guarantee not having a serious infection or loosing a limb by seeing a doctor.

Some may advise to use a cycle of antibiotics before or instead of seeing a doctor but I think it's better to guarantee not having a serious infection or loosing a limb by seeing a doctor.

Are Abx over OTC in the US?

How is it feeling today OP?

It doesnt look horrible but it looks pretty painful nonetheless. Watch for signs of infection around the miss. Swollen and red lump not going away, firm yet somewhat palpable lump that is hot to the touch, red streaks moving up from the site.

Use a hot compress, 20min on then 20min off for as long as it takes. Use some NSAIDS for the inflammation and pain. If it doesnt get better or gets worse then get to the doctor to get you some antibiotics.

Be safe!
Mr. Deeds