• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

switching ritalin and modafinil

georgehe

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I started to take modafinil and ritalin to study on a daily basis, i though that this approach would be good to avoid tolerance and addiction for both substances, i used modafinil for 3 weeks, 200mg a day and now im using 20mg of ritalin a day for 3 weeks and then keep switching every three weeks.
Does this make sense, they are two different subtances so i think is a good idea to avoid sides and keep it up and focus all the time.

Hi, Welcome to Bluelight ! !

Good question. I was prescribed Modafinil for a brief time, took Ritalin when young. Since I have not mixed the two off and on for harm reduction. I'll go ahead and move your thread in hopes of more responses. We also have a few threads about Modafinil on the site if you google it in search area. Great to have you here. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Smoky :)

Hi georgehe, having used both of these for study purposes I would definitely recommend Modafinil over Ritalin.

Modafinil is a much safer drug overall, unlike Ritalin it has very low addiction potential, additionally I find it has no side effects and no bad comedown. I can't say the same for Ritalin.
Also, Modafinil can safely be taken on a daily basis for an extended time without any known risk. I am not aware of tolerance occurring, but I can't be certain.
It also lasts much longer than Ritalin, so no redosing is necessary.

I doubt that you will come to any harm with your current plan of switching between Modaf/Rit, but I do believe that just sticking with Modafinil alone would be a little safer and just as effective.

Im glad I saw this post. I have recently ordered and tried adrafinil which converts to modafinil through the liver. I know this can be hepatoxic over time but was wondering if anyone else has had luck with this weekly interchanging process op speaks of as I would love to limit adderall intake as much as possible.

Im glad I saw this post. I have recently ordered and tried adrafinil which converts to modafinil through the liver. I know this can be hepatoxic over time but was wondering if anyone else has had luck with this weekly interchanging process op speaks of as I would love to limit adderall intake as much as possible.

Apparently, you can protect against adrafinil liver toxicity by taking supplements of milk thistle. It has proven hepato-protective action, it can detoxify and even repair the liver.

In the country I live in, a medicine consisting of the active constituents of milk thistle is prescribed to treat many kinds of liver disease.

I know modafinil is better for study even though ritalin gives me more clarity of mind, that've been said i wanted to cycle between them because if i keep using modafinil on daily basis i feel like i need to add another half a tab after one week.
If u guys are worried about liver toxicity NAC is the best, is the ultimate supp for who use oral methylated steroids too.
For whos interested the best stack is modafinil and ritalin but thats not a long term solution, if u guys think adderall is better than ritalin, well it costs 4 times more (to me) and u can just take some ephedrine and u'll save money and feel better

Yes I plan on adding milk thistle to my daily supplement routine. I have heard it is helpful in protecting and detoxifying the live. You can also eat tons of antioxidant containing blue berries but this does not mean it will counterattack the level of oxidative stress in ones body depending on life style and exposure to chemicals. When it comes to adrafinil I'm not sure about how severe long term effects would be. I don't know if enough studies have been done or time elapsed since it came on the scene. But then again I don't really plan on taking it frequently or for a very extended period of time, so any raise in liver enzymes "should" balance back out. Believe it or not the liver is an extremely resilient organ!

*edit* Meant to reply to Mazzy's quote. Damn green lighters ?. Haven't figured out all the functions yet.