• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

switching opiates for withdrawl?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
ok so ive been addicted to pain pills for going on 5 years now. mainly oxycodone,hydrocodone, and oxymorohone. my tolerance was up to 150 mg oxycodone per day. well i want to quit badly, i cant afford help, and dont want to do suboxone. so ive tried cold turkey at least 50 times always relapsing because of the pain from my disc buldge and leg pain. my question is last friday was my last dose of oxy whice i did 90 mg of oxy friday. well i switched to a weaker opiate since then to i guess weaken the withdrawl. the past 4 days ive only done 40 mg hydrocodone a day? im out of them now, will withdrawl be any less severe now that the oxy is almost out of system? thanks everyone

and also surprisingly i havent had many symptoms from going from 100 mg oxy a day to 40 mg hydro a day this week. only thing ive noticed in these 4 days were insomnia and a just a dab of rls, which i think the rls was in my head. but now im cold turkeying off the hydro, sytoms aint hit yet, been 3 hours since last dose.

even at 150 mg withdrawal isn't going to be undoable. unpleasant yes but you should start to turn around at day 4. good luck. also try not to sit and read about P.A.W.S and shit like that.

You will still have some withdrawal unfortunately. But you did make it easier by coming down. I'll keep you in my thoughts, i know how hard it is.
I have had 4 open heart surgeries. One was very bad 16+ hours. They had to insert a balloon pump into my femoral artery to keep me alive. However, they partially severed the nerve bundles that go to my legs. I now have severe neuropathy in my legs and feet.
Since the DEA & CDC recently told Drs to stop giving opioids my dosage has been knocked way down.
I had fought hard to walk again & now I may need my wheelchair. They have taken my life away. They have taken me from my family... again. It's so not fair to blame REAL pain patients for ppl who don't take as prescribed & OD.

if i were you i would switch to buprenorphine and do a rapid sub detox. let me know if you want further details on RSD or you can just google it.
its relatively safe and simple and if you get a few non-opioid meds (buscopan, ibuprofen, immodium, hydroxyzine, clonidine, zoplidem etc etc) it'll be much more endurable

how comes you don't want to use bupe btw? its great for detox

Last edited:
go do a quick taper don't be such a puss..methadone 21 day taper or suboxone 14 day and 7 day taper

go do a quick taper don't be such a puss..methadone 21 day taper or suboxone 14 day and 7 day taper
couldn't have said it any better. I'd do the sub taper (even tho u said u didn't want to mess with it) in my opinion. maybe cop some kratom too.

because theres a waiting list in my area for sub doctors, and also the nearest clinic to get a dose everyday is a hour away, just too far to drive. it sucks really, i used to use subs for wd and they worked wonderfully!! but i dont have any sources anymore. lol and methadone?? hell nah, wd off that is 60 days