• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Switching from MTD to subs? how many days wait?

cheeo

Greenlighter
I took my last dose of m-done 125mg 3 days ago when can I start burp and or sub?

Dr will say 48 hours but id wait longer! I came off h and started day 3 and put me in predicated withdrawal almost put me in the hospital it was so bad . Wait as long as you can

Dr will say 48 hours but id wait longer! I came off h and started day 3 and put me in predicated withdrawal almost put me in the hospital it was so bad . Wait as long as you can

Nice username lol but yes I agree wait as long as possible. Till you can't stand the opiate wd

I have never been on methadone maintenance but am currently on sub maintenance. And from what I have seen and heard from friends of mine who switched from 'done to sub is that some of them took the sub way too early after being on relatively high doses of methadone for years and went through pure hell after doing that. Some of them waited a little longer to switch from done to sub and ended up being fine. Everybody is different and has different metabolisms. I myself can do any full agonist opioid(excluding methadone, only tried it a couple times when I was dope sick and had nothing else) and take sub like 8-10 hrs after and be fine because I have a super fast metabolism, If I were you I would wait at least 3-4 days making the switch or possibly take some super weak opioids in between the switch just to keep you from getting too sick, like Vicodin or Percocet, then jump on the sub after 24 hrs of withdrawls from them. I have heard that's the easiest way to switch. I know a lot of people who have made that switch and everyone had different ways of doing it. good luck!

I took mine 2 days I think and went into early withdrawal like they clashed with eachother (there's a term for it )and was sick as a dog for 24 hours . I would say take it when you absolutely need to.

The period that is required to wait between induction is usually 72 hours given you are at a low dose around 30 mg. If you make the switch at a dose higher then 30 mg of done the amount of time increases. I believe being at this low dose should be the minimum requirement for making the switch. I waited 72 hours after stopping 30 mg and went into mild PWD. I waited a full 24 hours before taking another dose. It took a week of stabilizing before I was completely WD free at 12 mg's of bupe per day.

I just read your post again and I have to say you might be in a really tough situation. If you can I would definitely try and taper way down.

There are a number of medical sources online that outline standard guidelines for making the switch from methadone to suboxone. They routinely insist that the dose should be around 30 mg before switching. I took this information to a basic doctor and pleaded with him to taper me down so I could get on sub. I was able to get methadone under a state law that allows the prescribing of opiates by a regular doc for only 3 days to relieve pain and suffering from acute narcotic WD. I also brought that information in as well.

Before the fiasco I tried making the switch from 150 mg and waited 48 hours. I took some short acting opiates 16 hours before the sub. Before taking the bupe I was in moderate WD's. I was thrown in to the worst PWD I had ever experienced and waited for it to stop. 12 hours later and it was still going strong just not as intense. I ended up going to the ER after I realized I was going to be sick for days until my system stabilized on a much lower dose. 12 mg of bupe to be exact. I had bleeding finger nail marks on my face from ripping at it during the experience. The quickly realized I was in serious WD's.

Last edited:
Took last dose of h an hr. ago. Is it safe to go to the methadone clinic in the morning or do I have to wait so long like with taking sub?

if you can handle it, I popped three 10mg percs yesterday and today was able to take suboxone. the last time I took them too close together tho, I puked the whole next day. Better safe than sorry lol.

Took last dose of h an hr. ago. Is it safe to go to the methadone clinic in the morning or do I have to wait so long like with taking sub?

Methadone doesn't cause precipitated withdrawals so yes, it's alright. Just make sure that you don't take as much as you'd normally do so you don't overdose with the amount of Heroin still in your system

Hey I decided to start a AMA detox cause they wont taper me any other way they said so I signed a consent to taper 10mg's every 3 days from 125mg's I started tuesday im at 105 now and feeling fine it's funny the only thing i have noticed in this 5 days is increased libido more hungry and lots more energy I'll see how much I can bare which will be whatever this crap throws at me thanks all for the replys and great advice I honestly do appreciate it kindly

I don't know how you can call that a taper cheeo looks like a recipe for disaster to me. And considering methadone taper can be absolutely painless at 5 mg every 2 weeks from start to finish....