• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from Methadone to Subutex, not Suboxone, Subutex.

Swap from methodone to subutex

Thanks for derailing my thread guys, wtf, i'm not talking about shooting subfuckingoxone.

& why on earth cant i lower my methadone dosage by a mg a day? It seems a lot quicker & less painfull than dropping by 5 mg every 2 weeks or some bullshit like that. i'm sorry i'm in a really really bad mood right now, i probly shouldnt even be on here, but why cant i lower my dose by a mg a day then once i'm at 30 mg switch to subutex? & if there's " really no difference between subutex & suboxone" then why are they two seperate drugs???

I was on methodone for 6 months 75ml and i reduced 5ml a week down to 25ml and swaped over to 2ml suboxone 4 days after the 25ml drop yes felt uncomfortable for a few days i was even offer 4ml on the second day but didnt take it yes never drop off methodone straight away but if your willing to get off the rubish then do what ypu feel right and yes maybe if your doing it that quick go down to 25 and then change a few days later. I wished i never went down that root and yes horrible for 8 weeks reduceing like that but most of the withdrawal is in your head if you want off of it do what you feel you want to do.

Everyone on here have done diff ways of doing it but you as a person will know what you want and if its the way you want to try snd go do it and keep your head strong and get frew those rubish few days.

I'm on 80 ml of meth the other week I got hold of a subutex and took a gamble- I ivd 1 mg; it put me into withdrawal. Fucking horrible. Then I sniffed approx 1 quarter of that and got very high for hours. Would this apply to suboxone too?

^ I don't know exactly which part you're asking about.. But yes suboxone too soon will cause precipitated withdrawals and yes, more suboxone will get you out of precipitated withdrawals.

Suboxone and subutex both contain buprenorphine, and bupe will cause precipitated w ithdrawls just like naloxone does, so subutex or suboxone, it doesnt matter, tomato , tamato

I jumped off 185 methadone liquid form and started zubsolv the next day because the doc was an ass I had the worse 27 hrs. of my life anywho you could jump off meth wait till you are in full withdrawal then start ur sub.

Suboxone and subutex both contain buprenorphine, and bupe will cause precipitated w ithdrawls just like naloxone does, so subutex or suboxone, it doesnt matter, tomato , tamato

If people just got this through there heads, we'd eliminate almost half of these repeat questions.

They are two separate drugs, for the reason Zubsolv is separate from Suboxone tablets, and that the tablets,(now available in generic form) are effectively the same as the strips, which have NO GENERIC. An some clinics, even sub doctors only prescribe them, at least in part for this very reason.

Not to be paranoid or a prick, but the pharm companies are NOT your friends...

Knowing what I know now and after going through wd myself from high mg methadone iv for few years I would change dosage every 7 days .it literally took 7 days completely clean to feel the first sign of withdrawing but aparantly you aren't even getting relief from it.this is if I was in the position again with methadone.and what I mean is I wouldn't take anything till first signs of wd and it would be lower dose