• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from Methadone to Suboxone

Terry1

Greenlighter
Weaned self off 90 mg.methadone in 3 months because VA would not help because I wasn't addicted. VA's definition of addiction is if you buy it off the streets. They were giving it to me for 20 years so I was not addicted. How stupid is that! It has been 7 days with no meds this is the Eighth Day, is it safe to take a Suboxone? I took one last month still taking 20 mg per day and I lost my guts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time you tried to take Suboxone you put yourself into PWDs because you cannot take methadone and Suboxone on the same day. If you were still taking 20 mg of methadone daily then I completely understand why you threw your guts up.

Since you have taken no Methadone in the last week you are completely fine to take the Suboxone, as long as you have taken no other opiates to help yourself since stopping the methadone. If you've taken any oxycodone or hydrocodone or morphine, Etc. in the last 24 hours then I would wait to take the Suboxone until you feel in complete withdrawal.

The fact that it's been 7 or 8 days since your last dose of methadone and you are not seriously withdrawing you don't even need the Suboxone unless you are trying to use it for some type of pain management.