• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Switching from invega to rexulti - is recovery still possible?

Maymay169

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I’m desperate for help on this. I am coming off invega and switching to rexulti. On invega I’ve had total anhedonia, blank mind and the rest of it. They’re forcing me to stay on APs so I’m going to be on rexulti for a while, I was just wondering, does anyone have any idea if it’s possible to recover from negative symptoms like anhedonia while on a drug like rexulti? Or will rexulti just do the same thing invega and other APs have done to me in the past? Please please reply I’m so deeply in need of help here

I dont know about this antipsychotic but i had the same symptoms as you on invega and recovered fully on zyprexa

Hey there. I will be honest, that it could go either way. How long have you been on Invega? It can take quite a little while to get used to it.

I think that Rexulti is one of the newer ones, so it's supposed to be more tolerable and less likely to produce negative symptoms. This is mainly because it's not so much a dopamine blocker, but a modulator that keeps the activity within a certain range, including not letting it drop too low. This could possibly work out well for you.

Hope for your future recovery is present!

Rexulti is an atypical antispychotic that was recently approved for psychosis and agitation in Alzheimers/Dementia patients. This happened 2 or 3 months ago. So yes...it is "newer" than many of the other, commonly prescribed AAPs. It is also often used in conjunction with antidepressants with treatment-resistant clients. Kind of like Abilify is used synergistically in a similar way as an adjunct therapy. I would just do as much researching online as possible in terms of trying to explore other's experiences with it. Other than research articles, this might be your best bet in terms of what you might expect from using it. I know it doesn't answer your question, but thought I'd add it.

I prefer Rexulti to Invega. The amount of physical side effects I had on Rexulti was far lower than when I was on Invega.