• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from hydrocodone to oxycodone.

RedRumm

Greenlighter
I started using oxy years ago, loved it and it worked great. In January of 2016 I had surgery and was prescribed Percocet 7.5's for about 4 months. I would take 3 at a time (22.5 mgs) and it would send me flying just as high as I wanted. After my scripts ran out I began buying Loratab 10's and would take 3 at a time. At first I took 4 Loratab 10's and it felt like too much so I bumped it down to 3. 3 tabs at a time worked wonderfully for me. Well last week my guy ran out of tabs and said he had some Percocet 10s. I said "hell yeah I love those things" because I actually prefer oxy to hydro any day of the week. At this point I've been taking tabs pretty regularly for about 2 months. Probably ~60 mg a day or less. I picked up 9 percocets m523's and popped 3 last night expecting to melt into the couch. 30 minutes in I reached a very mild euphoria and then the high just fell off. I thought it might have something to do with my stomach or something so brushed it off. I figured I'd wait until the morning. So this morning I took another 3 with my hot tea which usually gives the best high I could ask for... Nothing. I'm convinced the mild euphoria is just a placebo at this point.
basically I've come to two conclusions: they're fakes or this all has something to do with the fact that I just switched from hydro. Should I go ahead and accept that they're fakes or does anybody know any other explanation that could cause me to not feel the oxy. I'm currently working out and cleansing my system a little bit and will take the remaining 3 tonight... Hopefully something will happen.

maybe try saving them for a few months until your body has remved the other drugs inside of you

I have not heard of people making fake oxycodone 10 mg's. They could be though. It also may be a tolerance issue.
Try to wait a few days and try again to see if it helps any.

I had a Percocet script run out(doctors fault). Anyway, I used Vicodin for a few days. I actually liked the Vicodin. Your brain may just be adjusting to it. Take a break for a week or so, while eating cal/mag/zink pills and try it again.

Thanks. Took the remaining 3 and it just made me feel weird just as before. Guess y'all are right... my body has just adjusted to the hydro. A break is good anyways so I'll take y'all's advice.

I found a small white oblong pill with m523 imprint on one side but no imprint on the other side. Are there percocets with no 10/325 imprint on them? Could this be a fake pill?