• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Switching between fent and buprenorphine - PWD question

kratom_addict

Greenlighter
So, I messed up. I was on fent for several months, but was able to quit long enough (86 hours) to take a Suboxone without going into precipitated withdrawal. I took 4mg bupe, but about 12 hours later I relapsed on fent.

My question is,
1. Can I go ahead and take another Suboxone today without going into precipitated withdrawal, since there's probably still some bupe in my system? Or do I need to wait at least 3 full days again? And
2. Do I need to wait until I'm in full withdrawal again first, or does it not matter?

It's been 30 hours since my 4mg bupe dose and about 12 hours since my brief fent relapse.

I know that some people routinely switch back and forth between bupe and opiates with no issue. I'm just worried because I only took a single bupe dose, so I don't know if there's enough of it built up in my system to protect me from PWDs. Hoping to hear from someone with experience. Thanks in advance.

You should be OK. I’d say unless you were using fentanyl for more than 24 hours straight, and likely 3 days straight, you shouldn’t be at risk of PWD.

I’d still start with 1-2 mg to be safe.

It’s good you waited 80+ hours, coming off methadone and fent I waited 100 hours but they were bridging me with IV diluadid

I’d still maybe wait to 24 hours but since bupe is already in your system you should be fine. And if you do precipitated withdrawal it will only be very mild and brief

Thank you for the reassurance. I'll start with 1mg and do 1mg increments with an hour in between.

And yeah, that 86 hours was rough but surprisingly pretty tolerable. I was taking LOTS of kratom to help. I don't think I would have made it that long without it.

Thank you for the reassurance. I'll start with 1mg and do 1mg increments with an hour in between.

And yeah, that 86 hours was rough but surprisingly pretty tolerable. I was taking LOTS of kratom to help. I don't think I would have made it that long without it.

100% Kratom can be a miracle in that situation

My last detox I made it 52 hours unassisted. They wouldn’t even give me benzos it was terrible.

I died for the next 12 hours but did make it out the other side.

This summer I shot 8 mg of Suboxone somewhere around 24 hours after my last shot of fentanyl. I literally almost died my body temp was 95 in the ambulance

This summer I shot 8 mg of Suboxone somewhere around 24 hours after my last shot of fentanyl. I literally almost died my body temp was 95 in the ambulance
Jeez, I can't even imagine. I experienced PWD for the first (and hopefully last) time this summer. I took 2mg bupe 30 hours after my last dope. And that's when I learned the hard way that I had been no longer using plain old heroin anymore. It was the single worst experience of my life, but luckily I only took the 2mg so I was able to get some more dope delivered to me and override it a couple hours later.

U should be fine. I've been on subs for 10 years now and used to flip back and forth all the time. The thing is the bupe has such a long half-life it's still in ur system so no chance of withdrawal
I’ve also been on subs for ten years now but I’m wondering why I woke up today with that initial burning up alienated wd feeling from doing fent..is it due to using it longer than just a few days? Even tho I continue doing sub I might’ve slacked the last couples days..hmm I feel ok now but earlier it was pretty unpleasant waking up to that