• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switched to Adzenys XR ODT from Adderall. Advice would be appreciated.

RodJonse

Bluelighter
I'm upset that I made this decision as, though it seemed to work better when I first took it (and at a point in time which I found myself becoming quite tolerant to Adderall), its effectiveness wore off dramatically very quickly after that first day and even spacing days out, I'm now at a point where it's doing very little for me.

The current issue at hand, I can't combat its ineffectiveness in the same manner I can with Adderall by 'converting' it to immediate release. That's always been as simple with Adderall for me as crushing the beads in a pill crusher and putting the powder into a new gelatin capsule.

These tablets understandably fall apart really easily and trying to crush bits of the powder even further seems to do nothing. Does anyone with experience taking this know how one might effectively render some of this immediate release? By that I mean other than railing the powder.

Is that the amphetamine marketed towards five year olds for sublingual use before school? How many mg is it.

i was prescribed Adderall ir 20 mg twice a day for 6 months (generic- and I hated it) and my doctor just switched me to adzenys xr odt 18.8 mg. ive been taking it for 4 days exactly and the first day I took it was really perfect not too stimulated but just enough to push myself to get stuff done. the second day was hell on earth horrible comedown felt overheated I drank so much water but my face was red and I just wanted to die. I took three cold baths (it was also so hot outside that day I would feel awful off a stimulant anyway) the next day... barely anything. tired and useless. no motivation. scrounging for naps but I wasn't grumpy and I didn't feel crappy. now I'm on my 4th day I took my dose in the morning and ive felt a tiny miniscule mental awareness but I'm so tired I don't want to get off the couch.

I'm finding barely any information on this medication. SO I'm just gonna spit out what ive done and stuff for info just in case, you never know what might help someone else.
I'm female 5'2 113 lbs first off- the first day I let the pill dissolve under my tongue and ever since I let it sit on top idk if that has anything to do with it working so smothley the first day. the first day I took it AFTER eating (about 1-2 hours after) and the other days it was on an empty stomach. I probably didn't drink enough water (only about 5 cups a day) I forced myself to eat healthy every day (egg salad sandwhiches, egg whites, pbjs, grilled chicken salads and tons of watermelon)I take magnesium, b12, b6 every day after the pill kicks in.
last night I took acetyl l-carnitine hci and alpha lipoic acid (I don't usually take this I thought it would help recovery and be good for my brain but I might be mistaken about that) and melatonin (I don't usually take this either I just read on google to take it about 2 hours before bed to help brain recovery or something like that) and then when the adzenys was completely out of my system I took Tylenol pm because ive been having fitful sleep (and i slept like a log afterwards) so idk if any of that has something to do with it being so weak today.
I don't know how to change it to ir either ive been trying to find out how but there really isn't a lot of info on it its a little annoying haha guess we are the Guiney pigs. I crushed a sliver of one up and took it intranasal and it burned horribly but hasn't done anything else. I was hoping it would give me a kick to get off my butt but I guess that way doesn't work.
I hope more people start posting stuff about it so we all know more.