• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SWIM is an experienced drug user, but extremely skeptical on psychedelics? (2cb?)

In this issue you are probably not wrong at all but embarrassingly on facebook this is what OP means so thats where I picked it up from aha.

You are very right about the time perception thing. I didn't think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@OP: ah ok, I guess because there are pretty different dynamics on FB.. moving on then.

Oh time is still an important factor, but it should be considered right along with the potential for people losing their shit, like on Salvia (although granted, people structurally overdose on Salvia, making the strange mistake to assume that because it is a herb you can just fill up a bowl like with weed instead of weighing it accurately).

Besides that, set and setting are crucial for preparation of a trip, to maximize the chances of being able to just have the experience care-free. Being safe makes it easier to feel safe and let go like I mentioned. Check out the 'Beginners FAQ' through the link at the top of the PD forum page.

If you take all of those things into account, and start low with a psychedelic that is not for some reason inappropriate for a first timer... I think you can limit the impact of any difficult feelings that may arise from having to get used to tripping effects, especially with a trip sitter present.
It's like gaining a sixth sense... you will have to learn how to deal with this sudden new dimension to your experience. Trying to control it so that this new sense does not influence your thoughts and feelings would be pointless and a big mistake just like you cannot choose how you react to seeing or hearing something.
Not that I am saying you should become so disinhibited that you will behave erratically but that won't happen so easily, it mostly feels that way sometimes.

I think MANY people have problems because they don't prepare and read up on all the do's and don'ts, so they have to learn how to deal with psychedelics as they go along - they have to reinvent the wheel. It's no wonder this challenge can be too much for people, so they have bad stories.

On the other hand, some people insist so much on staying in control that they will keeping putting up a fight that is unnecessary, pointless and counterproductive. Being a control freak is okay, but being an incorrigible one may perhaps be tragically masochistic on psychedelics.

how does a font size imply that I think this my "personal playground" lmfao. Your original reply to my post came across VERY patronising, especially when it was about something so small as my font size. You couldve been abit more understanding to a new user and not so blunt. :)

edit: i got confused and thought you were the OP that said my font size was inappropriate. sorry! above doesnt apply to you. well, some of it does.:/

Thanks so much for your reply this was very helpful and insightful. :)

I suggest the 4-Aco-DMT.fumarate @ 10 mg for a number of reasons....

1) Physically very safe.
2) Extremely short duration at that dosage
3) Effects were extreme euphoria, moodlift and mild closed eye visuals

There was little change in head space, no open eye visuals, no time dilation and no confusion. That was the first time I ever tried that compound, and yes I was as scared as hell. About 90 minutes in when I felt it wearing off, I wished I'd taken more. The following week 18 mg, and then a week after that 22 mg. Eventually topping out at 27mg, which for me is a sweet spot.

In short, the drug and dose are I feel, very forgiving.

Tom

SWIMs main worry with psychedelics is one, the duration. If SWIM was to have a bad trip, she would have to wait it out for a long duration, with most trips lasting on average 4-16 hours (correct SWIM if wrong) - the second worry is being out of control, SWIM has a very strong sense of self on drugs and in reality, however has a fear of her mind not being in control. For example, bad thoughts not being able to be controlled. The third fear is the intensity of psychedelic drugs, and that there may be a possibility for them to "trigger" or shift things in the brain, or having one negative trip that change the user forever.
thanku[/QUOTE]

You seem very concern about losing control and you worry a lot about trying psychedelics. Many people I know who had bad experience had issues about self-control and were anxious. If you are not totally comfortable to surrender, go with the flow and experience ego death I personally think you should stay away from these substances.

^¨^ I know people who had deep disturbing LSD experiences, swept everything under the rug, denyed what happened to them and went going on business as usual.

Ziiirp,

All psychedelics are best when taken in small doses at first. Gradually increasing dosage keeps people safe.

In fact, tryptamines are wonderful in low doses. They really are a great experience. Tryptamines and lysergamides are my favorite psychedelic medicines and my preferred doses are low.

I suggest the 4-Aco-DMT.fumarate @ 10 mg for a number of reasons....

1) Physically very safe.
2) Extremely short duration at that dosage
3) Effects were extreme euphoria, moodlift and mild closed eye visuals

There was little change in head space, no open eye visuals, no time dilation and no confusion. That was the first time I ever tried that compound, and yes I was as scared as hell. About 90 minutes in when I felt it wearing off, I wished I'd taken more. The following week 18 mg, and then a week after that 22 mg. Eventually topping out at 27mg, which for me is a sweet spot.

In short, the drug and dose are I feel, very forgiving.

Tom

^Great comment!