• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sustainable Daily Use of Phenibut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakstone

Bluelighter
95% of the time when I use phenibut, it's for its nootropic and slight anxiolytic effects. I mostly just use it during weekdays, to help with work and school. However, it would seem that in the past two weeks I've used a bit more than I should (though still not reaching recreational effects), as when I didn't use any during the weekend, I got pretty terrible insomnia on Sunday night (week and a half ago). I had no idea what caused it at the time, and didn't figure it out again until it happened again this past Sunday night. So, I guess I was using enough phenibut that I went into withdrawals without realizing it.

My main question, though, is if any of you can give input on a sustainable daily dose of phenibut, enough to give slight nootropic and anxiolytic benefits without giving me insomnia if I don't take it for a few days. I don't know if this is possible at all, but hey, that's why I'm here.

If you're already experiencing signs of withdrawal, it's only going to get worse with daily use. Phenibut is notoriously physically addictive.

Not only does it have a mean physical dependence but tolerance builds so quickly you'll need to double your dose every day to keep feeling it. Very bad idea to use phenibut daily.

The best way to use phenibut is to take a small daily maintenance dose, maybe 1 gram..then on days where you want it to shine, when you are going out, whatever, take 3-4 grams..I've been taking phenibut for years, daily..on days I want to feel its strong effects, a dose of 4-5 grams still works great..the next day im back to using my maintenance dose of 1 gram..

Btw I can go 48 hours without dosing phenibut and feel no withdrawals..maybe I'm not noticing them, im not sure

Although i love the effects of phenibut, i poured all of mine down the drain because its so problematic. I got rebound anxiety from using it at 800mg 3 times with a day in between each dose. There really is no plausible way to use phenibut without getting addicted to it, or gaining a huge tolerance to it. Even microdosing causes problems from what ive seen, and you really DO NOT want to fuck with your GABAergic system, so i would advise finding something else.

If you are going to stick with GABAergics, i would advise talking with your doc to try out some Baclofen or Pregabalin. But both of those need to be spaced out too if you dont want to end up dependent or addicted as well

I seem to be somewhat of an anomaly, but I've been able to sustain a daily dose of 1.5-2g long term without experiencing any major issues.

I seem to be somewhat of an anomaly, but I've been able to sustain a daily dose of 1.5-2g long term without experiencing any major issues.

Same here, I really don't understand when people act like phenibut is impossible to control or that tolerance skyrockets..in my case it hasnt

Yeah, but OP states that they don't want to become physically dependent. Using phenibut for 3 days straight with 1 day breaks in between definitely sounds like it'd cause physical dependence pretty fast.

I recently tried the free base form and found any withdrawals to be next to nothing. I don't generally use more than 2-3 days per week, often taking many weeks off in between, so i'm not a very good example. Still, when I take the HCL, I sometimes will experience slight withdrawals, similar to a benzo, and it was a bit unpleasant, however, nothing like a benzo withdrawal. Anyway, I'm free base form now all the way. It feels better, fucks you up less, and I have yet to experience withdrawals.

But have you gone a few days without it without any problems? In any case, I was using less than that. I was having about 400 mg 3x daily, so not that much, but I guess it was enough to fuck with my sleep. What I was more wondering was if I could use, say, 400 mg once daily without having the same problem if I skipped it a few days.

In the past, I haven't really had much trouble with withdrawals, so this kind of took me by surprise. I actually only figured it out because I had realized earlier that day that I hadn't had phenibut over the weekend (too busy semi-binging on kratom).

Last edited:
Although i love the effects of phenibut, i poured all of mine down the drain because its so problematic. I got rebound anxiety from using it at 800mg 3 times with a day in between each dose. There really is no plausible way to use phenibut without getting addicted to it, or gaining a huge tolerance to it. Even microdosing causes problems from what ive seen, and you really DO NOT want to fuck with your GABAergic system, so i would advise finding something else.

If you are going to stick with GABAergics, i would advise talking with your doc to try out some Baclofen or Pregabalin. But both of those need to be spaced out too if you dont want to end up dependent or addicted as well

Yep, did the same thing. I took small doses of 300-500 mg once or twice a week and had minor withdrawal symptoms. It's been 16 days since my last dose and am now getting back to normal. A couple years ago I overdid it out of ignorance and had real withdrawal. I think my doses were reasonable and I don't have a prior addiction to gabaergics. Just not worth it to me but on the plus side I find phenibut to be the least addictive drug I've ever had! ;)

Btw I can go 48 hours without dosing phenibut and feel no withdrawals..maybe I'm not noticing them, im not sure

From what I have gathered from past threads about Phenibut withdrawal, it takes a LONG time to set in..like more than 48 hours. I remember one thread where the OP said that they thought they were not dependent, but it turned out in the years that he had been using it they just had never abstained long enough for the withdrawal to begin. Also, the withdrawal lasted months, and tapering did not help iirc.

IMO using Phenibut more than once, maybe twice a week is a really bad idea. I don't think that you should be recommending that people use Phenibut daily.

From what I have gathered from past threads about Phenibut withdrawal, it takes a LONG time to set in..like more than 48 hours. I remember one thread where the OP said that they thought they were not dependent, but it turned out in the years that he had been using it they just had never abstained long enough for the withdrawal to begin. Also, the withdrawal lasted months, and tapering did not help iirc.

IMO using Phenibut more than once, maybe twice a week is a really bad idea. I don't think that you should be recommending that people use Phenibut daily.

I'm not recommending anyone do anything, I'm just throwing out my phenibut dosing pattern that works for me..

Might be getting some more phenibut soon acutally. Got some like a year ago and would take it for like a week or two then stop and not take it again for a month(got it for a benzo replacement and it worked quite weil. My dose was 1500mg-2000mg a day when I started taking it everyday for anxiety...the w/ds suck but are over in a week.. I had been taking 2 grams a day(all at once no redosing) then when my tub was running low I dropped down to 1000mg a day, was fine, then stopped. NOT GOOD. Overwhelming anxiey man, crying, bad, but over quick. But to my point, it works wonders at maintaince doses between 1-2 grams, euphoric effects go away pretty much in a week if you do this, but the anti-anxiey effects last. Still had about 2 grams left in a tub that had been sitting in my room and took it after not having it for four months, I felt WONDERFUL,lol. But while I was taking it I never NEVER redosed during the day, I just took my anxiety maintaince dose of 1.5-2 grams a day. Here about people going craxy and taking 6-9 grams but I could imagine doing that...it's not really a 'fun' drug unless you just do it once in a blue moon, imo.

If you really need the medication because of ADHD and you are feeling withdrawal you should definitely only when you're ready switch to extended-release because trust me 10 years of my life I knew every single thing everyone told me was right but I wasn't ready so Adderall works for me in extended-release but if I take the regular kind I feel it wear off in an hour and I end up finding and eating them all and feeling like complete s*** and if you're in school taking it just remember that remember the feeling of feeling like s*** because if someone followed you around with a video camera once you stop feeling like s*** if you watch that video I think you'd be very surprised to see that everybody thinks that they're functional but anyone close to you absolutely know something up and two days straight awake raises flags three to four days no one is functional you already have the Rite Aid in your head and a lot of what I read on these forums the doses are mind-blowing but I think it's in different countries in Europe I don't know exactly where but I'm in New York City in Harlem there's every possible thing on the street and no one no one takes Adderall I could not sell it I couldn't give it away because it's just that it's not meant to get high not what it's meant for and the harder you try to get high the no more visible if he comes to the people around you

Please don't resurrect old threads from their graves. Necromancy is frowned upon

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.