• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

suspected PMA/PMMA tablets wanted (for lab testing)

aj

Bluelighter
Test Kits keep evolving. In other words, we may have found something that tests for PMA (not Mandelin). We do not have PMA or PMMA here so we can not try our test and see whether it works.
That's why we ask you to send us suspected PMA or PMMA pills, or pills that may contain a combination of MDXX and PMXX.
If you have such a pill, we would greatly appreciate if we could have it. We will bring half to the lab in order to establish its exact contents. If PMA or PMMA is confirmed, we can use the other half to test and see how it behaves (we are planning to film it and put it online, so everyone can see how it behaves).
Contact me if you think you have a PMA/PMMA pill, [email protected] , and we will sort out how to send it etc.
aj

~i dont have a pill to send but knowing that you guys might have something that'll test for PMA is great. good work in helping to save people lives.
smile.gif

peace
bluE

hey AJ i am trying to track down a red ck which went red then to a light purple with ez test?
symptoms: throwing up nausea
itchyness
and a general real druggy feel
there was a suggestion that it was an opiate?
whats the deal with international laws and sending these illegal/unknown substances??
------------------
"ill never try an E" quote from me june1999(and i didn't untill about 40 pills later)

symptoms: throwing up nausea
itchyness
and a general real druggy feel
there was a suggestion that it was an opiate?
Or dxm... dxm is opiate like. You would have felt nice and relaxed for at least a little while if there was enough opiate in it to make you throw up. And with opiates you typically throw up when the druged/relaxed feeling starts to wear off. Not while you are high. Although you can if you do enough, but then you'll continue to throw up for quite a while...

Oh and why's that? Because the same substance in different pills always goes the exact same color everytime with the marquis reagent?

Honestly, yes. It should, anyway. In fact, mathematically it shouldn't be able to do otherwise: same reagent plus same substance equals same reaction, all other things being equal.
Obviously, not all other things are always equal, and this is why there's variations; but light red-purple is a big deviation from the normal grey-black reaction pattern of Marquis to DXM, and that's why I say that there had to have been something else reacting there.
On a more practical note, if it doesn't reliably give reasonably the same reaction, why the fuck bother? what's the use of a test that can somehow randomly give a totally different reaction? why add baking soda to an acid spill if it decides not to neutralize the acid today? I know that the point of a Marquis tester isn't to test for DXM, but for MDxx, but by this logic, it could do the same and randomly misreact to MDxx as well. This sounds like complete nonsense to me.
------------------
Coitus ergo sum.

In fact, mathematically it shouldn't be able to do otherwise: same reagent plus same substance equals same reaction, all other things being equal.
logic != math.
Go to the drug store, pick up two brands of asprin. Look at the non-medicinal ingredients. Are they the same? Probally not. And even if they are they likely aren't in the same proportions. Some asprins test pink with the marquis reagent. Some don't. Some bubble. Try it yourself. What do you think, everybody pressing pills does so with the exact same binders, lubricants and fillers??

You know, if something is going to give a reaction with sulphuric acid it's likely going to be brown, red, or purplish, if it doesn't carbonize right away to black. That's a pretty narrow spectrum. It's easy for other things to mix up the results.

madmick: just send one to pilltest.com or else we can just sit here and guess from a one-off reagent test you are describing to us. we have always known there is no substitute for real lab testing, now we have it. so use it.

What do you think, everybody pressing pills does so with the exact same binders, lubricants and fillers??
No, of course not, and that's a large source of all things NOT being equal from pill test to pill test (other things - temperature, contamination of the surface, etc etc).
What I'm saying is - if the presence of DXM is supposed to make it turn grey to black, wouldn't that (like MDMA) override other reactions? How did it manage to be light red-purple if there was DXM present (a darker colour)?

if the presence of DXM is supposed to make it turn grey to black
No it doesn't. It can turn purple. Where did you get that from? Someone/site selling test kits?
Like I said, with a lot of drugs the marquis reagent will give a similar color. The only reason that it seems to work so well wiht e pills is e pills are typically mdma like or nothing active.
This is from the DOJ brief I posted awhile back:
A.5 Aspirin powder 13 Deep red 5R 3/10
A.5 Benzphetamine HCl* CHCl3 41 Deep reddish brown 7.5R 2/6
A.5 Chlorpromazine HCl CHCl3 256 Deep purplish red 2.5RP 3/8
A.5 Codeine* CHCl3 225 Very dark purple 7.5P 2/4
A.5 Diacetylmorphine HCl* CHCl3 256 Deep purplish red 7.5RP 3/10
A.5 Doxepin HCl CHCl3 21 Blackish red 7.5R 2/2
A.5 Dristan powder 20 Dark grayish red 5R 3/2
A.5 Exedrine powder 16 Dark red 5R 3/8
A.5 MDA HCl* CHCl3 267 Black Black
A.5 Meperidine HCl CHCl3 56 Deep brown 5YR 3/6
A.5 Methadone HCl CHCl3 28 Light yellowish pink 2.5YR 8/4
A.5 Morphine monohydrate* CHCl3 239 Very deep reddish purple 10P 3/6
A.5 Opium* Powder 47 Dark grayish reddish
Brown
10R 3/2
A.5 Oxycodone HCl* CHCl3 214 Pale violet 2.5P 6/4
A.5 Propoxyphene HCl CHCl3 230 Blackish purple 2.5RP 2/2

DXM is chemically similar to opiates, it gives a very similar color reaction.

Sorry Guys, I've been away for a few days but I aprreciate all the responses.
Anyway, PMA does not seem to be a problem. PMMA is a problem. I understand it is similar to MDEA (in such a sense that it is hard to distingiguish between MDMA and MDEA. Secondary and primary amines ?? Don't ask me, I just reproduce what I am being told...).
Anyway, we really want those (suspected PMA/PMMA) pills !
Not just for us to see how they react but to publish and tell the world !
(And it is impossible to find this stuff in Holland...)
Also, we got some funding for pilltest.com (that site will also change soon) so submitting will be a lot easier (soon).
aj

PS
Legal stuff is not so important.
Really, they won't lock us up for a few (suspected PMA) pills (this is Holland). Plus you only get to know the address (where to send your pill) when you contact us. Even the DEA is welcome to send in some pills ;-)
aj

Never thought I'd bump an 11 year old thread before for any serious reason but was any progress ever made on detecting PMMA or better yet the combination of PMMA+MDMA? There's a lot of people around the world who could really use this information right now but especially in Western Canada. Mandelin can detect PMA (though combined wit MDMA it's probably harder to tell) but I'm yet to find any reliable information on whether or not PMMA and PMA react the same way.

Please PM me if you know how to test for PMMA and also spread the word because a lot of people want to know right now.

thanks

Unfortunately I dont think so :(

I know dancesafe is still trying to get a sample of PMMA sent in

How exactly is someone supposed to send them a pill of PMMA being sold as e? I can't imagine it would go very far through the mail :S

Nah it does.

People mail in pills to ecstasydata.com all the time, they cant open your package, and its not like theirs gonna KNOW that its a pill... and if they do find it, as long you dont put your return address, it doesnt matter :)

Correct, the whole project is set up to allow anonymous submission of pills and powders, and we use the only lab in North America that can do this. If anyone has the ability to send in a sample of the suspected PMMA-laced powders or pills, we would happily pay for the testing of it. Please let us know before you send it so we can try to get some special handling of it at the lab, such as closeup pictures of the crystals and a full workup with the full suite of kits.