PTSD Survivors guilt.....

I could have done more. I definitely influenced others to use earlier in my using career when I was young and more naive but it's in the past. I just really miss my friends.

Who hasn't been sick + broke and thought to themselves "you know who might wanna party? This fuckin guy." That's kinda how this shit has become so prevalent.

Fucks sake dude.. it wasn't until I was maybe 23 and 8 years into the run I started back in high school I realized how serious it had got. Before fentanyl had the stigma it does now, I definitely manipulated some of my good friends into giving me rides, money and even using with me, often I might add, purely on the basis that "fentanyl is pharmaceutical, heroin is the bad shit" knowing full well I didn't give a fuck what it was as long as I wasn't gonna be sick.

I've apologized to these friends many times. The thing is, long after we parted ways, some people kept coming back to town from college breaks and would use with old mutuals. That's not on me. My one military buddy didn't finally stop doing that kinda shit until many of his own rock bottoms culminated in waking up in the shower cold and covered in blood from passing out amd almost being found by his then fiance, now wife. That was years after I was no longer part of his life.

I'm in my mid 20s, terrifyingly inching toward 30 every day. Everyone I ever turned onto dope has heard my profuse apologies. They all say something along the lines of "how could we know? We were just young and having fun; i never blamed you for choices I made. Etc, etc, etc."

Losing people hurts. But losing people and knowing you personally could've prevented it? That's the shit you carry to the grave. I won't say it gets easier, but it gets different.

The hardest part is taking those losses on the chin, going to the funerals every fuckin year. Several times a year. The whole time wondering, "why am I even still alive?" I won't pretend I'm a fuckin AA bookworm or nothing. You won't catch me at meetings, but I definitely try to live a normal life now. I still make mistakes. We all will. Its the nature of being a human, but eventually we can hopefully find something that works.

Who hasn't been sick + broke and thought to themselves "you know who might wanna party? This fuckin guy." That's kinda how this shit has become so prevalent.

Fucks sake dude.. it wasn't until I was maybe 23 and 8 years into the run I started back in high school I realized how serious it had got. Before fentanyl had the stigma it does now, I definitely manipulated some of my good friends into giving me rides, money and even using with me, often I might add, purely on the basis that "fentanyl is pharmaceutical, heroin is the bad shit" knowing full well I didn't give a fuck what it was as long as I wasn't gonna be sick.

I've apologized to these friends many times. The thing is, long after we parted ways, some people kept coming back to town from college breaks and would use with old mutuals. That's not on me. My one military buddy didn't finally stop doing that kinda shit until many of his own rock bottoms culminated in waking up in the shower cold and covered in blood from passing out amd almost being found by his then fiance, now wife. That was years after I was no longer part of his life.

I'm in my mid 20s, terrifyingly inching toward 30 every day. Everyone I ever turned onto dope has heard my profuse apologies. They all say something along the lines of "how could we know? We were just young and having fun; i never blamed you for choices I made. Etc, etc, etc."

Losing people hurts. But losing people and knowing you personally could've prevented it? That's the shit you carry to the grave. I won't say it gets easier, but it gets different.

The hardest part is taking those losses on the chin, going to the funerals every fuckin year. Several times a year. The whole time wondering, "why am I even still alive?" I won't pretend I'm a fuckin AA bookworm or nothing. You won't catch me at meetings, but I definitely try to live a normal life now. I still make mistakes. We all will. Its the nature of being a human, but eventually we can hopefully find something that works.

Yeah.... It doesn't get easier. I started doing oxycontin and heroin in 1998 and I've barely had one full year clean in that time so you can imagine the things I've been through during those 25yrs and to be honest I was already addicted to morphine before oxycontin started showing up. Hell the first drug I ever took was Vicodin in 1993. I was basically ground zero for what was referred to as the opioid crisis, especially living in Florida because it's where most of the recreational Oxycontin in the country came from at the time.

Yeah.... It doesn't get easier. I started doing oxycontin and heroin in 1998 and I've barely had one full year clean in that time so you can imagine the things I've been through during those 25yrs and to be honest I was already addicted to morphine before oxycontin started showing up. Hell the first drug I ever took was Vicodin in 1993. I was basically ground zero for what was referred to as the opioid crisis, especially living in Florida because it's where most of the recreational Oxycontin in the country came from at the time.
Oh you definitely get it. BTW ignore the following multitude of typos. I'm on mobile and can't be asked to correct all the dumb little letters my fat ass thumbs accidentally pressed with the right ones.

I'm florida born and bred. You've been in the game as long as I've been alive, so I camt imagine what it's like trying to stay clean.

I started with vicodon too, funny enough, played sports and fought a lot. Broke a few knuckles and you know florida physicians loved that mf Vicodin lol. I was 13 when I got my first script and that was pretty much a death sentence. Got my tonsils ams wisdom teeth yanked, broke my own forearm with a hammer, had my buddy hit me with his car, all before I'd graduated fuckin high school. Eventually I was blackballed as a drug seeker.

Like you were ground zero for the opioid crisis, me amd my homes were pretty much ground zero for the fentanyl crisis in particular. I was part of this weird age group who started with pharmacy, progressed to genuine H, then the genuine H was quickly replaced with pretty much exclusively fentanyl analogues and water soluble powders. This new-new shit I've noticed is extremely bitter and slighly numbs the mouth, and the only thing I can compare the taste to is rat poison. Instead of sniffing and knowing you're about 5 minutes away from bliss, you sniff amd you might be 5 minutes away from nodding hard af or you might be 5 seconds away from not breathing. With the rise in mortality rates related to opiates among people under 55 continuing to grow I think we need to have a much larger conversation about why so many young people are turning to drugs and how we can make relapse less common.

Imagine you could go to the hospital and be put in a coma for 3 days and wake up with your brains receptors completely reset, and all positive memories of opioid use completely erased? They gotta come up with something. It's deeper than just getting off the drugs. Staying off them is the problem it seems. I can detox without subs if I have comfort meds and valium and Xanax. I actually have refused sub tapers my last 3 stints in treatment cause I CAME IN TO DETOX OFF METHADONE/SUBS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I hate this life, not just addiction, but probably generally speaking; maybe its more of a self loathing or a combination of both considering all the shit ive been through the last decade.

I too really seem to struggle around the 1 year mark whether I'm on MAT or not. I wake up every day and all I can think is "FUCK THIS AND FUCK YOU." It's hard because the only thing that even remotely brings me relief from the constant guilt only makes me feel more guilty when its worn off and I come off my binge. I will say, now I don't use nearly like I used to, and life is more normal than when I was running and gunning, but it depends. I might get 11 months, I might get 11 days. But at least I try, as I imagine you do as well.

I just want an answer.. like is it methadone? Not the neutered American methadone but the OG German formulation.... is it fuckin meditation and living in a monastery? Like seriously ill do whatever at this point, I just wanna live a normal life that many of my friends and family have had cut short because of this shit and nobody seems to be able to provide an answer to the addiction crisis that's been happening for 20somn years but goddammit they sure have made strides in disarming Americans with frivolous laws using emotional pleas as they stand on the Graves of children as a moral high ground.

Like fucks sake... WAY more children under 18 (number continues to rise yearly) die of opioid related overdose per year than have been killed in mass casualty events in the last 15 years combined, but hey, better dump half the taxpayer dollars into the ATF banning ARs and developing "socially equitable reparative measures" while we die in droves and nobody seems to bat an eye until they're fuckin shoveling the dirt onto our coffins.

Idk. I'm just ranting at this point. It's my cousins birthday this week, and I'm in a bad headspace as it is. I just want this to stop, not just for me, but for all of us. It's exhausting. I don't wanna be this way no more...

Last edited:
I just need to lay off the drugs. I'm in Medellin, Colombia right now and I'm still snorting cocaine, popping Lyrica, smoking pot and drinking 8 beers a day. I'm a drug garbage can and it's all good or not because I'm not doing heroin. Right?
We haven't been doing heroin since 2018. It's all fetty. But based on your previous posts and our other conversation you already know what I'm about to say lol.. mainly for the guy reading this 2 years down the kine hoping for answers.

The alcohol is the biggest concern tbh. The withdrawals are brutal. The combination of the drugs combined with what is likely combordity of some kind of depressive type of personality disorder as is so common amongst people who prefer opioids/alcohol is a dangerous thing to leave untreated. You're basically doing the same thing as a lot of us on MAT with illicit substances and alcohol; just getting by.

Idk what advice to give you, but I definitely feel the place you're at mentally..

"Anything but heroin" is effective; until it's not. There's no real instruction manual for getting clean short of joining a 12 step cult based mostly in religious thinking and fellowship. If you can cut back on something like the alcohol or blow, like one thing at a time, maybe start there? Definitely not alcohol if you have a physical dependence amd aren't hospitalized first but yeah, don't go all in at once. Start low, go slow.

Last edited:
We haven't been doing heroin since 2018. It's all fetty. But based on your previous posts and our other conversation you already know what I'm about to say lol.. mainly for the guy reading this 2 years down the kine hoping for answers.

The alcohol is the biggest concern tbh. The withdrawals are brutal. The combination of the drugs combined with what is likely combordity of some kind of depressive type of personality disorder as is so common amongst people who prefer opioids/alcohol is a dangerous thing to leave untreated. You're basically doing the same thing as a lot of us on MAT with illicit substances and alcohol; just getting by.

Idk what advice to give you, but I definitely feel the place you're at mentally..

"Anything but heroin" is effective; until it's not. There's no real instruction manual for getting clean short of joining a 12 step cult based mostly in religious thinking and fellowship. If you can cut back on something like the alcohol or blow, like one thing at a time, maybe start there? Definitely not alcohol if you have a physical dependence amd aren't hospitalized first but yeah, don't go all in at once. Start low, go slow.
I'm aware but I'm part Puerto Rican and I live in Florida.... oh I see youre Florida too. There is still heroin coming from Colombia through the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. It's all over the island and it's still making its way here through our close proximity and large Puerto Rican population. It just cost an arm and a leg. I've just got off methadone of 3yrs so I haven't been doing anything anyways.

That post was made like almost a month ago when I was only 3 weeks into methadone withdrawal from walking off 90mgs. I was just covering withdrawal. I'm now 2mths clean and only thing I've done is drink a couple of drinks every couple of days and I was vaping THC till 4 days ago. Nothing else. I'm going to make it. I'm done. I cut all that shit out in Medellin... Ya know... When in Rome.

Last edited:
I'm aware but I'm part Puerto Rican and I live in Florida.... oh I see youre Florida too. There is still heroin coming from Colombia through the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. It's all over the island and it's still making its way here through our close proximity and large Puerto Rican population. It just cost an arm and a leg. I've just got off methadone of 3yrs so I haven't been doing anything anyways.

That post was made like almost a month ago when I was only 3 weeks into methadone withdrawal from walking off 90mgs. I was just covering withdrawal. I'm now 2mths clean and only thing I've done is drink a couple of drinks every couple of days and I was vaping THC till 4 days ago. Nothing else. I'm going to make it. I'm done. I cut all that shit out in Medellin... Ya know... When in Rome.
I've lived all over but yeah, mainly Florida.. Central FL in particular. Huge Spanish population. I was like one of 3 white kids in my graduating class?

It never bothered me. I've always felt more at home with my friends families than my own anyway but at the end of the day I'm still white, and as you know, Florida's dope market is NOTHING like it is up north. When I lived in LA, I could just walk down to skid row and score. In Chicagoland area I had downtpwn Gary 5 mins up the road and if that failed the corner of Polaski and Madison near Garfield park in west Chicago was an open air market. Up there cold copping is simple. Here you gotta know a guy who knows a guy and everyone in between wants their cut to cover their habit and nobody wants to give you their plug bc the Puerto Ricans are super down low and do NOT seem to trust people putsode ofna very close corcle of people, mainly friends/family, not to mention the dope fiends are fucking leaches and dont share plugs so you have to give em bags in order to go in the first place.

Not to mention the long periods of abstinence probably haven't helped me keep steady connects. Oh well... better rin the end I suppose.

Good for you btw. Kicking methadone sucks ass. I think I was at about 90mg before my clinic finally pissed me off so much I refused to go back And quit the shit cold turkey. Took 3 months before my brain started to feel sorta normal buy some of that was likely due to the trauma of my cousins death happening during that instance of withdrawal at about week 3.. seeing that shit.. he was my cousin but he was really more like my big brother.

I still smoke to take the edge off, as you've probably gathered tho, the suboxone and coinciding fent use seems to be my main issue as of rn. That unexpected episode of PW fuckin terrified me and now I'm scared to dose too early. I have a bit of a benzo "habit" but I don't take em to get high, not since I was like 14 anyway... I just take em to stop the flashbacks mainly. I'd be find not getting off those if I could just quot the damn subs. I can get to 2 mg but any lower feels like fiery hell.

@SuxOxone

How are you doing btw?
Well, honestly not that bad. I'm stuck between restarting sublingual suboxone at a lower dose than normal before withdrawal gets more serious and waiting. The PW episode really scared the fuck out of me... I feel kinda like a guinea pig in my own experiment, and it certainly isn't fun. I feel like my fear of PW has simply made this process pf reinducing subs tale way konger than it should've, but better safe than sick ya know?

The longer I wait the more likely I just go back on full agonists.. on the other hand is going back on subs really much better? Kinda debating finding an Emergency Department to initiate me on methadone until get in a clinic but that seems nearly impossible for some reason...

Well, honestly not that bad. I'm stuck between restarting sublingual suboxone at a lower dose than normal before withdrawal gets more serious and waiting. The PW episode really scared the fuck out of me... I feel kinda like a guinea pig in my own experiment, and it certainly isn't fun. I feel like my fear of PW has simply made this process pf reinducing subs tale way konger than it should've, but better safe than sick ya know?

The longer I wait the more likely I just go back on full agonists.. on the other hand is going back on subs really much better? Kinda debating finding an Emergency Department to initiate me on methadone until get in a clinic but that seems nearly impossible for some reason...
You should have no problem finding a clinic in CF. I can hook you up with a free clinic in Orlando. Good luck man. I'd quit while you're ahead. I'm 42 and it sucks starting over at my age. You don't wanna be me. This is my 4th full methadone WD. I did the benzos thing for 10yrs also at either 4-6mg of Klonopin or Xanax a day. Worst withdrawal ever. I did that concurrently with methadone.

Thanks btw.... For congratulating.