survey - what is yer personal harm reduction technique?

My mom bought me some super B's today - its like a vitamin b combo that makes you feel all good.. i think ill alternate that in my cycle of weed, coke, e, and soft drinks. j/k i am sure it doesnt make you feel that good. but its the thought that counts.. BTW, why is it that my mari jay dealer thinks he can rip me off everytime? i am sure none of you know the answer to that, but its the thought that counts.
plurness - honey
p/s Minimows - you are creative, and i thought it was thursday!

Prozac. I've read numerous studies/articles suggesting that taking Prozac 4-6 hours after your roll will greatly reduce the neurotoxic effects of e. I just roll as I normally would (usually about 2 pills a night), then after about 4 or 5 hours after my first pill, I pop a Prozac. I continue to roll as if I had not taken anything besides e.
Also, Prozac has a relatively long half-life, so it stays in, and has affects on, your body for a while. This is both a positive and a negative.
Positive: Since Prozac negates the effects of e, it controls my e use to no more than once every three weeks or so.
Negative: Since Prozac negates the effects of e, it limits my e use to no more than once every three weeks or so.
I've rolled once maybe 4-6 days after I took Prozac and felt *very* little from the pill. And I know those pills were not weak.
Does anyone know if it is safe to take 5-htp or Sam-e the days after taking Prozac? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that taking that combination could potentially result in seratonin syndrome. Has anyone done it? Since I only take Prozac once after my roll, I still get e-pression. Prozac, I believe, doesn't help you produce seratonin, but only helps you keep the seratonin levels you already have by blocking seratonin reuptake sites (hence, it is a SSRI). I was wondering if it was safe to take something that boosted seratonin levels along with Prozac.
chilby

bump.... maybe someone has an answer to this last inquiry or some experiance.

Chilby I believe it is safe, altho i am not sure... It doesnt say anything on my bottle of 5htp, only thw MAOI stuff... Id check with the pharmacy before trying it tho..
Ill take paxil in the after days of my roll, usually i get horribly depressed, and maybe that curves it but i am not sure... either way its sad days for about a week. \
Honey

ahhh thanks for keepin track for me L/O.. I am pretty much strayed myself from bluelight lately, not to sound pretentious or sanctimonious in the least but its basically just a bitch, whine, brag board.. i really appreciate you though and yer consistent effort to keep the true meaning and spirit of BL alive. I don't plan on being around that much anymore although i occassionally pop in but easy get discouraged with the titles of the threads. but if anyone wants to reply to this topic (harm reduction) that would be cool cause i get an email notification and ill read it. thanks. peace to you all. Honey
ps- L/O hey that paper came out good (31 pages), I find out what i made on it Tuesday. thanks for yer help w/ that

Positive vibrations bump up for all good boy and girl posters alike
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Weeeeeeee...

Buy only from people I know... and never roll more than once every 2 months.
------------------
XOXO,
Alithium
aka Rachel, DJ CeRuLeAn!, and Star Child
Floundering mah way thru the big pool of Jell-O of life. :)
A man who hasn't discovered something he will die for isn't fit to live.
-MLK

Well for me the number one thing Ive done to compensate for the drugs I put into my body was to quit a 30 year three pack a day cigarette habit and give up alcohol in exchange for rolling or tripping in moderation.
I take some saint johns wort and ginsing for fatigue and depression.
I've also changed my diet to a more neutritional one.
Always plan to sleep heavy folling a good roll, 12-16 hours.
btw...The above posted response's are all excellent advice.
Moderation is the easiest and cheapest suggestion.

Moderation + Alteration + 30 min weight lifting per day + 30 min aerobic activity per day + 8 hours sleep per night + awake by 10am every day + healthy diet (cutting out most fat and extra calories - Portions these days are ridiculously large)

Hmmm, lets see...
200 mg 5-htp every day, up to 3 times that as a pre&post load (on top of daily), 1000mg glutamine with 800 iu Vit E, 200 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid (preload), 400 iu Vit E & 100 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid (postload).
And always TONS of research before trying anything new (or rather lots of research on a lot of chems 'just in case'
smile.gif
)
Dave

Weed, weed and more weed. First I'd smoke some weed out of my bong and then I'd smoke weed out of a bowl and then I'd smoke a joint.
No, really. I like getting high.