Writing-up Survey about a Soon-to-be-Released Recreational Substance

tchick

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight Members,

My name is Taylor Chick and I am an undergraduate student at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I am currently conducting a study about people’s thoughts regarding a soon-to-be-released recreational substance and would love to hear from you. I invite you to take this 25-minute survey. Any English speaker 18 years of age or older is welcome to participate.

This survey is anonymous and no identifying questions or information will be asked of you. You will be asked about about your pre-existing knowledge and potential use of this product. There will also be questions regarding your alcohol/drug history and habits. No incentives (financial or otherwise) will be offered for participation in this study.

The survey can be reached through this link: http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9Xk925izrHNy7CB

This study was approved by UNC Charlotte's Institutional Review Board on June 28th, 2015 and will remain active until June 28th, 2016.

If you have any questions regarding this study, you can contact me via Bluelight's private messaging system or email me at [email protected]. I would love to hear from you and I thank you in advance for your participation.

Best regards,
Taylor Chick

Last edited:
I want to sincerely thank everyone who has responded and taken the survey. My research team and I greatly appreciate it. We are still looking for more respondents! If you haven't already, please consider taking this survey. It is 25-30 minutes in length. Please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

We are not disclosing the type and name of the product in the recruitment process because it could affect the answers of the respondent. Details about the product are revealed in the survey.

Hi Tailor,

Can I ask whether your study is sponsored by the company that is going to release this new product?

Thanks
Bluelight research team

We are not sponsored or affiliated with the company or product in anyway. This study is purely for academic purposes. I can send the Bluelight Research Team our IRB approval if necessary.

I didn't have much in the way of expectation when I did that, but tbh I was kinda disappointed.

How will the results be used I wonder...? Could be interesting, especially regarding the questions about access and harm associated with the one beginning with "P"

It's certainly an interesting topic and I wonder if it will take off!