• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Surprising effect noticed from plugging MPH, more D-TMPH available vs oral route due to no 1st pass liver metabolism?

Vasconga

Greenlighter
I've recently been plugging methylphenidate (IR brand, not Ritalin though) instead of taking it orally. An equivalent oral dose plugged (i.e. dissolved in warm water and squirted into anal cavity) feels about 3x more potent and hits in half the time vs. taken on an empty stomach. This, I was expecting from reading about plugging methylphenidate and from experiences plugging other drugs.

However, I've noticed an interesting effect thus far: plugging MPH is less jittery and more calming/focused. Sort of paradoxical since a plugged 20mg dose feels like a 50-60mg oral dose on empty stomach, and I know that the latter dose taken orally would result in much more euphoria and inability to focus from the speedy effect. The plugged 20mg dose feels more controlled in stimulation albeit more focused.

Since plugging avoids 1st pass liver metabolism, would plugging MPH lead to more d-threo-methylphenidate being readily available vs. an oral dose? I've never tried Focalin, but the difference till now is being too pronounced to not wonder if perhaps plugging is allowing more d-threo-methylphenidate (D-TMPH) than orally (and thus the less jittery stimulation and more calmed focus).

Also and while I'm here, I'm getting a lot of white goo residue left in the syringe barrel when I'm done squirting the MPH suspension. The leftover goo rapidly dries to a chalky state. The 20mg MPH branded tablet dissolves in seconds in warm water.

Listed tablet's binders/fillers are: dihydrate dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, cornstarch and magnesium stearate.

The tablets are instant release and I believe that MPH remains fully dissolved and suspended in water (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Is all the goo left after squirting as shown below just the tablet's binders/fillers, or would there be some MPH left there? I shake the syringe vigorously so the solution is of a milky tone and I rapidly proceed to plug. If I leave the solution without shaking, white matter precipitates to the bottom of the barrel.

Thanks for any help with my two questions.

0xfB1cgl.jpg