View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Surprise – anti-weed group turns out to be sponsored by the booze industry

poledriver

Bluelighter
Surprise – anti-weed group turns out to be sponsored by the booze industry

mg_weedvbooze_comp02.png

Mysteriously, people who make their money from selling booze seem to be pretty self-righteous when it comes to new rival drug, weed.

Specifically, booze groups are donating to groups fighting AGAINST cannabis legalisation in America.

In Arizona, the Wine and Spirits organisation was spotted donating $10,000 (£6,800) to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy – an anti-marijuana group, according to AZ Family.

Carlos Alfonso, a spokesman for the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, said, ‘They’re hypocrites because they are trying to use alcohol profits to try and punish those adults that choose a less harmful substance.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/25/surpr...-by-the-booze-industry-5904354/#ixzz49otrFePs

Pro-pot group demands opponents give up the booze money

PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) -
The campaign fighting to legalize marijuana in Arizona is demanding that its opponents return the money they got from the alcohol industry.

"They're hypocrites because they are trying to use alcohol profits to try and punish those adults that choose a less harmful substance," said Carlos Alfonso, a spokesman for the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol.

At issue, a $10,000 campaign contribution to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy, a group dedicated to stopping the legalization of marijuana.

The donation in question, which was first reported by The Phoenix New Times, came from the Arizona Wine and Spirits Association.

"I'll take money from anyone who supports our position," Seth Leibsohn, chairman of the anti-pot campaign, said.

Leibsohn said he has no plans to return the money. He also said the alcohol organization was donating against its own best interest.

"Alcohol sales have increased with the legalization of marijuana elsewhere, not decreased," he explained. "As I say, it's not in their financial self-interest; it's in the state's interest."

Come November, Arizona voters will likely decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana by applying the same rules that regulate alcohol.

Alfonso said his organization has more than enough signatures to put the marijuana question on the ballot.

He added that it’s just a matter of time before the organization files the paperwork to make it official.

With some polls -

http://www.azfamily.com/story/32056...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

I assume the words "surprise" and "mysteriously" are meant to be sarcastic.

Welcome to the land of opportunity unabashed hypocrisy, where legalized bribery and backstabbing betrayals have become so commonplace that they're proudly sported by lobbyists as qualifications in their respective portfolios.

A nation overrun with narcissistic sociopaths who happily profit from the prison sentences of countless pot smokers while sipping on rum and smoking Cuban cigars (on a yacht somewhere in the Caribbean).

I like both alcohol and weed and considering all the mooches at the bar who come out every time i light one, I think there may be others out there like me too.

Welcome to the land of opportunity unabashed hypocrisy, where legalized bribery and backstabbing betrayals have become so commonplace that they're proudly sported by lobbyists as qualifications in their respective portfolios.

A nation overrun with narcissistic sociopaths who happily profit from the prison sentences of countless pot smokers while sipping on rum and smoking Cuban cigars (on a yacht somewhere in the Caribbean).

This is so true. Constituent's needs and desires take a very far backseat to the corporations that have donated/lobbied congressman. Only during an election cycle might you see someone doing their work.

Ya I have always wondered which side I've actually helped more? I mean I've bought plenty of black market pot but also plenty of beer. So I'm helping both sides rather I like it or not. I don't understand people that don't smoke weed. Its like in Knocked Up when the girl Seth Rogan was with said she didn't smoke weed. And he's like, "what so like just in the morning?" Haha.

I don't understand people that don't smoke weed.

From my experiences with the 'high' I think there's absolutely the potential for medical use for the two psychotropic constituents (THC and CBD) of Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica. And obviously the ratio of THC to CBD shall factor heavily in how the patient responds, but I digress.

I've smoked and eaten several different strains of pot too many times to count, but it was almost always bought and paid for by a buddy of mine.

But given the other choices I have, as well as the fact that i like certain 'highs' better, I can no longer justify spending money on weed.

Nevertheless, I think it's of the utmost importance more than ever that I continue to try and do what I can to contribute to getting it legalized.

I suppose I'd spend money on it if there was nothing else available (with respect to controlled substances), but that's about the extent of my love for ganja at present.

Keeping my fingers crossed that a certain somebody keeps his promise to legalize, tax and regulate it next spring. Boy oh boy - a lot of people are gonna be extremely pissed off if he doesn't. Enough of us have paid a debt to society for being in possession of small amounts (for personal use). Enough of us (a majority of the country) want to see that are saying enough is enough.

^ next spring? I thought the change was happening this year.

We all did, but when asked about it, he said that they are currently working on creating the proper framework (whatever that means) to facilitate the legalization and regulation of Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica; and that they'll be introducing legislation next spring. Truth be told, I think they're waiting to see who becomes the 45th PotUS before they move on their promise. Violating three drug treaties which were ratified well before most of us were born is apparently a big deal as well (although I think antique treaties regarding certain taboo mind altering substances should be torn apart because they're based on a lot of what is known today as 'junk science').

Think about all the treaties with the native americans that were violated by the states!

If you want to make an omelet you must crack a few eggs.

We all did, but when asked about it, he said that they are currently working on creating the proper framework (whatever that means) to facilitate the legalization and regulation of Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica; and that they'll be introducing legislation next spring. Truth be told, I think they're waiting to see who becomes the 45th PotUS before they move on their promise. Violating three drug treaties which were ratified well before most of us were born is apparently a big deal as well (although I think antique treaties regarding certain taboo mind altering substances should be torn apart because they're based on a lot of what is known today as 'junk science').

As a man of science, it rubs me wrong to put the word "science" in the same sentence used to describe the reasoning behind current drug laws.