• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Supplements to recover from MDMA-induced damage

1) Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids
2) Lecithin and phophatidylserine
3) Strict vitamin B supplementations (along with other vitamins and minerals)
4) Drink a lot of mineral water everyday (1-2 liters) good wates are generally very hopotonic and contant a o of magnesium an potasium with very low leves of sodium, fluorine and almost absent of any heavymetals.

Also meditation!

Thanks for the info, I'm going to add these to my supplement list.
Also, I've found meditation to help quite a lot! I'm really enjoying it.

I have a question about how you were before you took mdma... Did you feel anxious at all before? Or what was your health like? Also.. did you eat healthy?
How much mdma did you take at one time, and did you ever overdue it?

Are you overweight?

When you took the mdma did you remember cool off? or did you get extremely overheated on it?

One more thing, how old are you, and when did u start taking it?

Sorry, I just want to know what could cause this on someone... I find it strange that these things happen to only certain people.

Thanks for the advice. I recently ordered both Piracetam and Picamilon, I'm just wondering what's a good dose that's worked for you?

Good choice. 100mg of picamilon in the morning keeps me feeling fine for the most part of the day. 50mg may be sufficient if you concurrently use other gabaergics like benzos, or other nootropics like piracetam. You may want to top up after 6 hours or so when the effect starts fading.

Also, should I begin taking these at the same time?

To minimize the risk of side effects (and notice more clearly the effect of each product) I would start small with either one alone. There are reports of manic behaviour with picamilon & piracetam together, see http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27578 - which however may be desirable for some.

And last question, are these ok to take with Xanax/Klonopin?

I would think that they easily potentiate the effects of each other, or possibly increase "side effects" such as euphoria. But this is just a hunch. Probing with reasonable doses is the way to go.

I have a question about how you were before you took mdma... Did you feel anxious at all before? Or what was your health like? Also.. did you eat healthy?
How much mdma did you take at one time, and did you ever overdue it?

Are you overweight?

When you took the mdma did you remember cool off? or did you get extremely overheated on it?

One more thing, how old are you, and when did u start taking it?

Sorry, I just want to know what could cause this on someone... I find it strange that these things happen to only certain people.

I'm 21 and started using a few years ago. I didn't even know what panic attacks were until I started having them, and I never had problems with anxiety. I've only done 2-4 pills 4 different times, each with at least a few months break inbetween.

I'm not overweight, and I don't remember "cooling off" when I took it, but I guess I do remember heating up quite a bit at some points.

My diet has never really been too great, which is something I've been recently working on to try and help myself out. That's also why I'm starting to take supplements at this point.

I took 5 htp after and that seemed to help quite a bit. I didn't have a bad comedown to begin with but did feel better after taking it.

there aren't any other effective anxiolytics.

There are effective anxiolytics other then benzos.

OP- Holy Basil could help your anxiety problems, I believe it to have some GABAergic activity and it won't do what xanax will with long term, daily use (make your anxiety worse). I find it to be more effective then valerian root, although not everyone does. Rhodiola and piracetam could help as well, as could Gingko (I'm not sure about whether it would, but it couldn't hurt). Kava might also be a good thing to use to help make benzo use less regular, like once every few days instead of daily.

Vitamins are good to take (B vitamins especially, you might want to start getting vitamin b-12 injections), as are omega fatty acids. Tea Extract is also good.

I read this testing thing that said that rats that had been eating foods with vitamin e deficient diets suffered from neurotoxicity. So maybe it was cuz u weren't eating good foods?

I also read that hot environments without proper cooling can cause this too.

http://www.dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/neurotoxicity.php.

sorry what has happened to you. The only thing I could think is maybe actually taking anti depressants for a little while. I heard that they could stimulate production of serotonin nerve endings or something... but not sure about that statement though lol.

But yeah, eat healthy, exercise, get sunshine (good source of vitamin d, plus sun/ light stimulates the release of serotonin!) and try not to think about it too much.

Good luck!

Good choice. 100mg of picamilon in the morning keeps me feeling fine for the most part of the day. 50mg may be sufficient if you concurrently use other gabaergics like benzos, or other nootropics like piracetam. You may want to top up after 6 hours or so when the effect starts fading.

Thanks for the advice! I have only tried the Picamilon so far, at a dose of 50mg, followed by another 50mg later on in the day. So far I'm on day 2, and I think I can tell a subtle difference. Slightly sedated like a benzo, but I can actually focus haha. Haven't opened the Piracetam yet, just going to stick with this for a while.

Just a few questions about Picamilon. The bottle says to take 2-3 days off a week if I take it daily. Is this something close to what you do, if you do take it daily? I'm confused because I've read that it acts as a MAO inhibitor, which would be something that I build up in my system right? So i'm not too sure how that works.

Also, if I am going to drink at the end of a day or take some Hydrocodone or something, am I safe to do so if I just skip the Picamilon for that day? Or do I need to wait longer to get it out of my system?

Thanks!

5-HTP is a great supplement regardless of your condition (although doses above 100mg on a semi empty stomach frequently causes nausea.

Phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan are also very good nutrients to replenish the brain with neurotrasmitters.

White tea has some unbelievably healthy properties due to its high levels of theanine (check on wiki) compared to its low levels of caffeine (plus other xanthines analogues) and fluoride levels.

3 to 5mg of melatonin taken regularly every night before going to sleep has shown some remarkable effects on the neuro-psychological regenerative processes during sleep.

This are my 2 cents on the pharmacological POV however I strongly recommend to never underestimate other psychological therapies like meditation, CBT, Stress management techniques, and any other practice that enhance emotional, mnemonic and social communicative skills.

I'm confused because I've read that it acts as a MAO inhibitor, which would be something that I build up in my system right?

Yes, picamilon is listed as weak MAO-A inhibitor so you could say its pharmacocinetic effects are built up in your system with continuous use.

It has been a while since I took picamilon, never did it for more than a week at a time. If I remember right, taken on the same day it did affect the effects of alcohol, surprisingly mostly taking away the pleasant effects of inebriation.

Also, if I am going to drink at the end of a day or take some Hydrocodone or something, am I safe to do so if I just skip the Picamilon for that day?

That's a tough one... Hydrocodone is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors, although picamilon is only a weak inhibitor, caution is indeed advised when using any psychoactive substances after a longer picamilon course. MAO-A inhibition may not go away in a few days, and the possibility of even fatal interaction is nothing to play with. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the reversal time of MAO-A could chime in, but if I were in the situation I would perhaps skip the picamilon for the day and slowly probe with considerably smaller doses of any psychoactive. Definitely avoid anything that has the slightest hint towards serotonin syndrome.

Yes, picamilon is listed as weak MAO-A inhibitor so you could say its pharmacocinetic effects are built up in your system with continuous use.

It has been a while since I took picamilon, never did it for more than a week at a time. If I remember right, taken on the same day it did affect the effects of alcohol, surprisingly mostly taking away the pleasant effects of inebriation.

That's a tough one... Hydrocodone is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors, although picamilon is only a weak inhibitor, caution is indeed advised when using any psychoactive substances after a longer picamilon course. MAO-A inhibition may not go away in a few days, and the possibility of even fatal interaction is nothing to play with. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the reversal time of MAO-A could chime in, but if I were in the situation I would perhaps skip the picamilon for the day and slowly probe with considerably smaller doses of any psychoactive. Definitely avoid anything that has the slightest hint towards serotonin syndrome.

Alright, good to know. I'm probably going to only do a week at a time then. Definitely not going to drink or take Hydrocodone during the week i'm taking it.

So far, Picamilon only slightly helps my anxiety. I've still had several panic attacks on it, so I'm going to try some other stuff too, like all of the supplements listed above.

5-HTP is a great supplement regardless of your condition (although doses above 100mg on a semi empty stomach frequently causes nausea.

Phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan are also very good nutrients to replenish the brain with neurotrasmitters.

White tea has some unbelievably healthy properties due to its high levels of theanine (check on wiki) compared to its low levels of caffeine (plus other xanthines analogues) and fluoride levels.

3 to 5mg of melatonin taken regularly every night before going to sleep has shown some remarkable effects on the neuro-psychological regenerative processes during sleep.

This are my 2 cents on the pharmacological POV however I strongly recommend to never underestimate other psychological therapies like meditation, CBT, Stress management techniques, and any other practice that enhance emotional, mnemonic and social communicative skills.

I've tried 5-HTP several times, but would you recommend continuing to take it every couple days or so? I'm also going to purchase the tea you mentioned, along with the Phenylalanine, tyrosine, tryptothan, and melatonin.

Should I be taking all of these stuff daily along with all of the other supplements that I've been trying? Just want to make sure they don't interfere with one another if I'm going to take all of this stuff at the same time. Thanks

I had your same problem plus depression, immediately after stopping taking mdma the psychiatrist gaved me SSRI to reset serotonine levels and worked very well.
It's now about 8 years I'm not taking any amp but I will try with the molecules\meds\exercises you posting on this thread, maybe will help me too.

Thanks for the infos.

I read this testing thing that said that rats that had been eating foods with vitamin e deficient diets suffered from neurotoxicity. So maybe it was cuz u weren't eating good foods?

I also read that hot environments without proper cooling can cause this too.

http://www.dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/neurotoxicity.php.

sorry what has happened to you. The only thing I could think is maybe actually taking anti depressants for a little while. I heard that they could stimulate production of serotonin nerve endings or something... but not sure about that statement though lol.

But yeah, eat healthy, exercise, get sunshine (good source of vitamin d, plus sun/ light stimulates the release of serotonin!) and try not to think about it too much.

Good luck!

Good link there, definitely worth a read. However, I wouldn't recommend SSRI's as they can downregulate 5-HT receptors, and aren't really effective. Its possible they could help some in the short term, but after cessation the OP may well be just as bad or worse off than when he started.

Also very important...try to avoid any conditions that might induce negative stress.

Many people don't kow yet but there are two kinds of stress... Real stress...like having to deal with frustrating shit and EUstress (like good exercise botch physical and mental) which is the stress that gives u a positive reward stimuli and helps the overall psychological well being.

Look it up on wikipdedia.

I know what its like to have amphetamine like induce damage...it sux..even in complete sobriety u feel like ur out of the words and you start to manifest symptoms of slight psychosis or ut of the world experience and you jaw grinds or tightens for no reason. My best advice i to use some mditadion to 'Take it easy' and focus on whats around you rather than the paranoia inside of your.

one fear leads to another. and the cycle goes on.....i found prety helpful to try to set my mind to full awarness of all that was around me, like if i was trying to perceive or sense whatever wwas around me instead odìf getting obsessed on one specific frustrating thouhg.
In other words..look around you...feel whats around you and try to let urself integrate with the universe around you insterad of tripping and freaking out on whats going on inside of you.

They have actually found a gene that is shortened in people that tend to get depression after taking MDMA.

http://jop.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/20/3/389

Honestly, if this depression/anxiety was induced by MDMA use, an SSRI or SSRI/SNRI might be a way to go. I don't usually recommend this to people, as I think SSRIs are awful drugs, but for some people it just works.

Be careful with the benzos. They can honestly cause an increase in anxiety when taken with any sort of frequency when you try to get off.

The thing that may help best is Neurofeedback. What they do is hook you up to an EEG machine and try to teach your brain to think at slightly different wavelengths by training it with rewards. Honestly, it is an awesome and more permanent solution than drugs.

Yes, a neurofeedback session may cost 100-200 dollars each, but you don't usually have to do it forever. If you are really committed to getting yourself back to a previous state, it may be the way to go.

I would urge against an ssri, as that is a bad idea for former mdma users although it might seem logical it usually doesnt help. I'd rather not explain why because it would take too long.

Wondering if you could explain? I was a pretty heavy mdma user over the last year but quit in April. I have been taking effexor with bad results since..