• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Supplements to recover from MDMA-induced damage

Holy basil, bacopa, rhodiola, caapi and tobacco. One time I overdid nootropics like oxiracetam and modafinil and was getting great anxiety from using them which I had never experienced before at all. After about three months i discontinued the use of these nootropics and started using the said herbs sporadically. Started feeling better in the first week and by the third week my usual relaxed and calm state of mind returned.

Anxiety is tough man but whatever you do don't rely on any sort of drug or herb as constant medication. Dabble with different ones, exercise and eat healthy. Get out and hang out with people, flirt with people of whatever sex youre attracted to. Most importantly though is give it time. When the going gets rough just remember there have been people before you that have thrown their brains way farther out of whack but made it back to normal through mental perseverance. Best of luck to you and I'm confident that within time you will be back to where you want to be and you'll be able to look back on all this and see at as a strengthening experience.

I hated Effexor, tried it for a week and had major anorgasmia which drove me up the wall. Also got brain zaps from stopping after only a week. Brutal.

Dunno wtf MDMA users are going on SSRIs/SNRIs for - last thing we need after using MDMA is loss of sex drive!

I've been on the combo of 150mg Wellbutrin + 45mg Remeron which has been working pretty well and gaining my sex drive back. If my research is correct these hopefully won't interfere with future MDMA use.

Back on topic though, here's some links to the antioxidants I just got as well as the daily multivitamin I take:

Now Foods Super Antioxidants

SISU Only-One Multi-Vitamin

Effexor is a grat antidepressant but as every other SSRI if does decrease libido..in fact it is prescribed in very lo doses to men suffering from premature ejaculation. Still the Libido inhibiting side effect is way softer than prozac or even worse paxil (paroxetine)

The problem of taking effexor for an ex E-head who suffered from its neurotoxicity is that effexor is also a (nor)adrenaline reuptake inhibitor apart from being a serotonin reuptake inhibitor....and that especially in amphetamine like users cause hypertension and anxiety.

You could try Escitalopram...but don't take my word that it will help you more than effexor, it deprends from person to person.

I suggest u read my previous posts about a supplement,diet,exercize and meditation regime wich have proven very effective. Obviously you could throw some other drug along wiht it but as of now I canot come up with any pharmaceutical drug that might help you.

Ow, try to have a look at Tianeptine, that might help a little bit.

I am on edge almost all day, I have trouble forming thoughts, I feel like my vision is slightly messed up, and I was having panic attacks daily for a while.

I'm the only one which think of HPPD ?

^confusional thoughs and general confusion if far from halucinogenic persisting perception disorder.

It might be more liklely a sign of amphetamine induced psychosis.

^confusional thoughs and general confusion if far from halucinogenic persisting perception disorder.

Are you sure ? Hppd is not visual only... panic attack (as he describe) is very common for people who suffer from HPPD ...

I thought the same thing, although he rolled everyday for three weeks. Who knows how fucked up he is now.

WHAT ? You mean if you roll everyday for 3 weeks you have no way to get HPPD at then end ?

Hi DaftPunkFan,
Iknow this thread is 5 years old but would like to put in my 2cents in case anyone visits this for reference, like me. As a Movement Therapist, I read your message "I am on edge almost all day, I have trouble forming thoughts, I feel like my vision is slightly messed up, and I was having panic attacks daily for a while."

It seems to me as if you are (or were hopefuyll) in need of grounding. When our energy predominates in the upper regions of our body and even outer and over our heads we can feel out of touch with our body and the earth, and have poor control mentally and physically. If you start a grounding practice, such as yoga for stillness, meditation, or even a barefoot walk on the earth (no concrete) daily I think you could regain that centerdness that you are looking for.
I am a Gyrotonic trainer, a movement modality with meditative qualities which allows and increases free-flowing energy throught the body, mind & spirit. It opens and aligns channels while strengthening. I would highly recommend this practice.
Hope this input is of use to someone. This is what has worked for me to overcome anxiety, poor sleep, panic attacks, low-self esteem and a whole lot more....
Much love to you!

I read this testing thing that said that rats that had been eating foods with vitamin e deficient diets suffered from neurotoxicity. So maybe it was cuz u weren't eating good foods?

I also read that hot environments without proper cooling can cause this too.

http://www.dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/neurotoxicity.php.

sorry what has happened to you. The only thing I could think is maybe actually taking anti depressants for a little while. I heard that they could stimulate production of serotonin nerve endings or something... but not sure about that statement though lol.

But yeah, eat healthy, exercise, get sunshine (good source of vitamin d, plus sun/ light stimulates the release of serotonin!) and try not to think about it too much.

Good luck!
I had a mdma and alcohol binge for 2 days got really bad symptoms I'm scared I have neurotoxcity can you tell me what your symptoms where ?

I had a mdma and alcohol binge for 2 days got really bad symptoms I'm scared I have neurotoxcity can you tell me what your symptoms where ?

MDMA often increases anxiety-like behaviours, which can partly be permanent. Being depressive for a big part of my life I can tell you that it will diminish if you don't focus on it too much.

Did you experience serotonin toxicity? Probably not. Oftentimes stimulants such as MDMA or speed can lead to tremors and all the other example side effects of serotonin toxicity. I experienced tremors after only ingesting 70 mg of MDMA (didn't test it, but even if it would have been PMA, it was still way too less to experience SS). You have to take huge amounts of MDMA in a single hit or combine it with MAOi's too experience relevent neurotoxicity. Aging alone is neurotoxic, thanks to the O2 we need to live. Everything in this world is toxic in a certain way. So don't worry too much about it. It will only stress you more and you will be stuck in negative loop circles. Too break through you need to accept what you did, that you can't alter the past and if you don't want to take a risk you have to stop doing drugs at all. The brain is like Playdo, altering and adapting all the time.

MDMA often increases anxiety-like behaviours, which can partly be permanent. Being depressive for a big part of my life I can tell you that it will diminish if you don't focus on it too much.

Did you experience serotonin toxicity? Probably not. Oftentimes stimulants such as MDMA or speed can lead to tremors and all the other example side effects of serotonin toxicity. I experienced tremors after only ingesting 70 mg of MDMA (didn't test it, but even if it would have been PMA, it was still way too less to experience SS). You have to take huge amounts of MDMA in a single hit or combine it with MAOi's too experience relevent neurotoxicity. Aging alone is neurotoxic, thanks to the O2 we need to live. Everything in this world is toxic in a certain way. So don't worry too much about it. It will only stress you more and you will be stuck in negative loop circles. Too break through you need to accept what you did, that you can't alter the past and if you don't want to take a risk you have to stop doing drugs at all. The brain is like Playdo, altering and adapting all the time.
Thanks for the quick reply I just took it to extreme done mdma on the sat night with alcohol then just wee bits all day Sunday followed by a capsule after that I remmeber nothing.2 months later and I am having terrible vision and my memory is all messed up I just feel so bad, not with it and keep going on constantly went to doc and put me on Zoloft but not sure this is goina help me.i Keep thinking its neurotoxcity I know it's My own fault for getting into this state.such a big mistake

Well, it won't help you to think about it. What's done is done. Anxiety and other psychological factors can lead to the same symptoms. Bad vision can be part of bad blood flow and blood pressure problems. MDMA changes the blood flow in your brain for at least a month, which can lead to your symptoms... Take no drugs, stay sober and do exercises, eat healthy and have a healthy mindset. That is pretty much all you can do.

Your brain is adaptive and you need to give yourself enough time to recover. 2 months is nothing. Even though I didn't do a lot of MDMA I was still able to feel changes up to 6 months. Usually I was almost my oldself after 3-4 months of recovery.

Well, it won't help you to think about it. What's done is done. Anxiety and other psychological factors can lead to the same symptoms. Bad vision can be part of bad blood flow and blood pressure problems. MDMA changes the blood flow in your brain for at least a month, which can lead to your symptoms... Take no drugs, stay sober and do exercises, eat healthy and have a healthy mindset. That is pretty much all you can do.

Your brain is adaptive and you need to give yourself enough time to recover. 2 months is nothing. Even though I didn't do a lot of MDMA I was still able to feel changes up to 6 months. Usually I was almost my oldself after 3-4 months of recovery.
Thanks alot for the reply you really have helped put my mind at ease.Do you think an ssri will help any ? ive been taking Zoloft for a week but I've heard it can take 3-4 weeks for them to work

SSRIs are what you want for sure. Think of your brain as a bathtub, and you want to have a bath. The SSRIs construct the drain plug which takes a few weeks, and they increase the water pressure to fill it faster.

That is all you really need. MDMA really doesn`t do anything but damage serotonin receptors. Getting some sunlight and food like chocolate helps a lot as well.

As for any possible cognitive impairment, only time will heal that, but the brain will fully heal itself if you stop damaging it.

SSRIs are what you want for sure. Think of your brain as a bathtub, and you want to have a bath. The SSRIs construct the drain plug which takes a few weeks, and they increase the water pressure to fill it faster.

That is all you really need. MDMA really doesn`t do anything but damage serotonin receptors. Getting some sunlight and food like chocolate helps a lot as well.

As for any possible cognitive impairment, only time will heal that, but the brain will fully heal itself if you stop damaging it.
Thanks so much for the reply so you would say I should take ssri ? I have been taking Zoloft 25mg for 2 weeks. Then 50mg for 2 weeks I feel so fucked up. Having pain In legs numbness in hands and arms my vision is messed up its like lines everywhere starting to get really scared Theres loads more symptoms body's just not functioning right,i do have anxiety some days but not all the time and its not like server just want to feel normal again .feel like I've let family and everything down only stopped the ssri last night and broke down crying already I just want to be normal again. Feel like this is forever

How is it going Ryan.
This is my first post. I am also experiencing some problems from drug use. Just wondered if you areback to you old self yet?