• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Supplements to help the brain

larson

Bluelighter
Hi guys some of you will know me and my story some wont so il keep it short and sweet.Between the ages of 19 to about 25 i abused mdma and later cocaine with no serious side affects.I had no clue about harm reduction.I took a few pills a few times a year and took cocaine several weekends a year.When i hit 25 i had my first panic attack and started to experience crippling anxiety.I also drank and still drink alcohol fairly regularly.I have not taken any class A drugs in over 3 years and despite an odd yearning here and there i never will again.I also look after myself an awful lot better with regular exercise and a good diet.All this has made things far better than they were but i still have mild anxiety most of the time and i was thinking about trying 5 htp or gaba supplements to help with this.Does anybody have any recommendations? its like im at the final hurdle and i just cant get over it....I take a multivitamin and omega 3 6 9 oil first thing every morning and ths definatley helps

I found aniracetam (and the required choline supplement) very effrctive for anxiety... To the degree that it practically eliminated my anxiety completely.

I ended up taking it for a few months, after which I stopped and my anxiety resurfaced, but only slightly.

Piracetam also helped, though less so. I didn't find any other racetams too effective...

I've tried a few kinds of supplements and aniracetam was the best by far.

I found aniracetam (and the required choline supplement) very effrctive for anxiety... To the degree that it practically eliminated my anxiety completely.

I ended up taking it for a few months, after which I stopped and my anxiety resurfaced, but only slightly.

Piracetam also helped, though less so. I didn't find any other racetams too effective...

I've tried a few kinds of supplements and aniracetam was the best by far.
I am not a big fan of supplements but I agree with this. I started taking an aniracetam oxiracetam piracetam noopept stack 2 months ago and it has worked absolute wonders for my (mild) anxiety. It's completely gone now. I didn't start taking it for anxiolythic effects though but for the supposed cognitive benefits. Sadly I notice no cognitive improvement but kept taking it because having no anxiety anymore is great!

you're doing the right stuff such as exercise and eating healthy

For reduction of your mild anxiety, I would say look into incorporating meditation into your routine.

In term of supplements, I would recommend staying away from the 5-HTP as it can cause heart damage and no proven anxiolytic effect in the long term. Anxiety is usually associated with GABA, so I would personally suggest to drink green tea which contains L-theanine (a precursor of GABA), or you can simply buy L-theanine and add it to tea or coffee or just take it orally, up to you. Also another long-term increaser of GABA is taurine, which you can also buy in powder form for very cheap.

I took a few pills a few times a year

I wouldn't really classify this as MDMA abuse but instead pretty reasonable use. How many times is a few times? Sounds more likely to be a result of something else, perhaps the cocaine or other lifestyle factors?

I would have taken 8 to 10 pills over a few days 5 or 6 times a year.Go hard or go home was the motto such shite. Im certain i always had anxiety and the drugs made my problems much worse. Thanks for the replies guys its much appreciated. Will be giving meditation a try and the aniracetam sounds good.No anxiety would be a dream come true.I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

I am not a big fan of supplements but I agree with this. I started taking an aniracetam oxiracetam piracetam noopept stack 2 months ago and it has worked absolute wonders for my (mild) anxiety. It's completely gone now. I didn't start taking it for anxiolythic effects though but for the supposed cognitive benefits. Sadly I notice no cognitive improvement but kept taking it because having no anxiety anymore is great!

What dosage did you find worked well?

My stack, premade, contains the following:

Piracitam 800mg
Aniracitam 750mg
Oxiracetam 600mg
Noopept 30mg

Keep in mind though, none of these supplements have any scientifically proven benefits and none of them have an established safety profile. You are in essence using yourself as a guinea pig, adverse reactions are possible though they seem to be rare. Always do research of your own before you put a random chemical in your body