• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Supplements to help MDMA?

ben824

Greenlighter
I am a little new to MDMA only used it a hand full of times but I really enjoy it! I am not a big recreational drug user dabbled a little here and there over the years. But since this one I really seem to enjoy I want to make sure I use it safely and get the most out of my use. I am very particular about where I get it and who I am getting it from as I have seen my friends first had get ahold of something that wasn't fully molly.

Anyways on to my question, has anyone used supplements to help increase MDMA's effects as well as deal with negative side effects?

I found this site rollsafe dot org and it suggests taking 3 different supplements an hour before taking MDMA and it diminishes to completely does away with any comedown and gives an almost 2 week long "after glow" effect of good mood. The 3 supplements it suggests are Magnesium non-oxide variant, Quercetin (or substitute Vitamin C), and finally R-ALA or substitute ALA. And it suggests taking 5-HTP 12 hours after rolling to help with serotonin replenishment.

So like I said has anyone tried this and does it really help?

i take 1cap of vitamin C, 1cap 5HTP, and one cap CalMag. i found my rolls to be a lot more and i have had to use less MDMA. before i found my own personal pre/post dose i wouldn't enjoy my roll as much and i would need more MDMA if i wanted to roll harder. but be careful of your pre/post dose for it can have positive and negative out comes. i recently added 1 pill of vitamin D to my pre-dose and still find my MDMA rolls to be great. i don't know if this will help you, nor do i know if it truly helps me. i hope you find the answers your looking for.

Rollsafe is a good site but taking too much vitamins (like 6-8 caps) is making me think twice.

Only I care is;
R-ALA (lipoic acid), and drinking a shake after the event finishes. In my shake I got protein vitamin etc a lot of stuff like (glutamine bcaa). It has vitamins in it too.
I don't believe taking 6 8 pills for Mdma recovery is too helpful.

But some vitamins really help;
Tums - If you don't redose with E pills more than twice, it works. My stomach warns me when I take too much mdma.
Magnesium- really prevent jaw clentching also muscles are much more flexible.
R-ala - feeling less more wasted after rolls comedowns are weak.
Green tea - great antioxidant, I try to drink it at house parties too:)
Solgar combines Quercetin + vitamin c in 1 big capsule so try to go for that too.

Anyway, you're taking a drug. It must have consequences.

So i have learned in the past 3 weeks trying different vitamins that vitamin E and D together enhance the roller to great level but vitamin C kills the high. Calmag helps with tension and tums does help with stomach rot! green tea i'm still unsure about. and thank you Desohigh for the info :)

I thought vitamin C made the roll go backwards and careen into a lighthouse where Dougie Doozer hid all of those beef jerky recipes!

Pretty comprehensive guide here:

SUPPLEMENTS GUIDE | ‘Pre-rolling’ and ‘Post-Rolling’ for MDMA to enhance the experience and reduce negative effects​

IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTS THAT MAY REDUCE OR PREVENT NEUROTOXICITY

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)​

NAC is involved in the synthesis of Glutathione by our bodies. Glutathione is the main antioxidant produced by the human body. Supplementing NAC will mean more Gultathione produced, which can protect us against oxidative stress and damage to the brain.

NAC may also be helpful for healing the neurotoxic damage associated with cocaine and amphetamine use, as well as improving several mental disorders. Can be purchased online or in health/vitamin shops.

~NAC brings the magic back~

Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Na-R-ALA)​

Na-R-ALA is a potent antioxidant that can fight off excess free radicals, helping prevent oxidative stress and neurotoxicity. A 2001 study showed it prevented MDMA neurotoxicity in rats, even when body temperatures rose. Can be purchased online or in health food/body building shops.

Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)​

Another potent antioxidant that synergises with R-ALA, has shown to prevent MDMA neurotoxicity in rats. Can be purchased online or in health food/body building shops.

Highly bioavailable Magnesium​

An important one and something most of us are deficient in. Supplementing Magnesium will give your body the substance it needs to naturally protect i's neurons from killing themselves due to excitotoxicity. Magnesium can also reduce or prevent teeth grinding, jaw clenching, and muscle tension.

Some forms known to be really well absorbed by the body include, Magnesium L-Threonate, Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Glycinate. Can be purchased online, in Pharmacies, or vitamin/supplement shops.

Vitamin C​

A common antioxidant found in fresh fruit and juice, especially citric fruits. has shown to prevent MDMA neurotoxicity and liver toxicity in rats. Vitamin C from fresh fruit and juice is preferred as it's better absorbed by the body. The chewable 500mg tablets are also a good option and are easily available from pharmacies and supermarkets.

Vitamin C and other antioxidants are known as 'free radical scavengers'. This is because antioxidants can prevent oxidative stress in your body by hunting down and removing the excess free radicals before they can damage or destroy neurons.

Grape Seed Extract (vitamin E and flavonoids)​

Grape seed extract contains vitamin E and flavonoids. Rats deficient in vitamin E were found to experience an increased severity of MDMA induced neurotoxicity. Vitamin E and flavonoids are also potent antioxidants that will fight off excess free radicals and prevent oxidative stress. Not to be confused with grapefruit seed extract. Can be purchased online, in pharmacies, or in health food/vitamin shops.

SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS

Green Tea Extract (ECGC)​

Green tea extract contains EGCG, an antioxidant which fights free radicals. Can also reduce the difficulty of urinating which some people experience while on MDMA. Purchased online, in pharmacies or health food/vitamin shops.​

5-HTP​

DO NOT CONSUME 24 HOURS BEFORE OR AFTER MDMA INGESTION, AS MAY INCREASE CHANCES OF SERATONIN SYNDROME.

Your body creates serotonin through a two-step process. First, the amino acid Tryptophan, which we get in our diets, is converted into 5-HTP. 5-HTP is then used by your body to make serotonin.

MDMA use has can block the enzyme in the body that converts Tryptophan into 5-HTP. So, for a couple of weeks after use, a lot of the tryptophan you're consuming through your diet isn't turning into serotonin. Taking 5-HTP skips this first step and will help replenish your serotonin levels much more quickly.

Taking it with Green tea extract as EGCG will help to make sure it's your brain that's getting the serotonin, not your gut. You can purchase 5-HTP online, or in body building/health food stores.

Melatonin​

Melatonin is produced naturally by your body in low light and helps regulate your sleep pattern. Taking melatonin can help you get to sleep after taking stimulants. It is also a potent antioxidant that will help prevent any lingering free radicals from inducing oxidative stress and doing more damage. Purchased online, or in pharmacies.

DOSING GUIDE​

6-12 HOURS BEFORE dropping

• Magnesium Glycinate or similar - 100-200mg
  • Grape seed extract - 100mg
1 HOUR BEFORE dropping

• Magnesium Glycinate or similar – 100-200mg
  • Grape seed extract - 100mg
  • Vitamin C - 500-1000mg
  • Grapefruit juice - small glass (optional)
ALONG WITH MDMA INGESTION

• Na-R-ALA -100mg
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Water - 250ml
  • Electrolytes - 250ml
WHILST ROLLING

• Na-R-ALA - 200mg (ever 2 hours of the roll)
  • Grape seed extract – 100mg
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Magnesium Glycinate or similar – 100-200mg
  • Green tea extract – 400mg
  • Vitamin C - 500-1000mg
  • Water - 250ml (an hour or 500ml an hour when dancing)
  • Electrolytes - 250ml (every 1-2 hours)
POST-ROLL

• Magnesium Glycinate – 100mg - 200mg
  • Na-R-ALA - 100mg
  • Vitamin C – 500 - 100mg
  • Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Melatonin – 5-10mg before bed (using larger doses for its antioxidant effect.)
  • Water - 250ml - 500ml
  • Electrolytes - 250ml
3-7 DAYS FOLLOWING MDMA USE

• 5-HTP – 100mg before bed
  • Green Tea Extract – 400mg with 5-HTP before bed
  • N-AcetylCysteine (NAC) – 600-1000mg (optional)

I survived consuming over 500 pills and 20+grams of multiple RCs including MDAI (I knocked out 5 grams of MDAI in a week, Smokey's CS and I interacted long before it was seized), 5/6-APB, methylone, MDA, and crystal etc. from the mid to late 90s through today WITHOUT LOSING THE MAGIC.

I did this through consumption of multi-gram (frequently 10g and as soon as liposomal became a thing, I was taking it) doses of vitamin C prior to eating a bean. Staying hydrated, and likely freakish physiology.

Consumption of C prior to methamphetamine and MDMA use has been shown to rescue the serotonin and dopamine deficits normally caused by METH and MDMA administration. Enhance the subjective effects through enhancement of NE release. Abolish runaway ROS (reactive oxygen species) especially if taken with vitamin E or another antioxidant. There is also evidence it ameliorates the hyperthermic and hypertensive effects of METH/MDMA.

I think it also modulates the negative action of MDMA on SERT, the serotonin transporter, as I have never had symptoms that would point the SERT dysfunction, except short term after a crazy binge. ( Like the time I truly found a bag of 100 beans in between couch cushions at a rave in New Jersey. about 60 were whole, the rest powdered/crumbled. Finders keepers bitches. Me and my crew did bumps and pills for 4 days straight I honestly don't know how I made it back to DC from ACity, NJ, and Philadelphia.

As far as 5-HTP: it's useless to take it post rolling because MDMA is a significant inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase, the enzyme that is required to make serotonin from 5HTP. You don't run out of serotonin like people say, your brain is just severely handicapped for about a week with respect to serotonin synthesis. Taking 5HTP post roll is like trying to make fluffy baked bread without yeast or an oven. No matter how many other ingredients you have - it's just a mess.

Lucky for me my enzymes are freakishly weird because I get a week long afterglow.

Hydrate properly. I always ate all day, while rolling and after. Then again I was rolling 3-4 times a week so it wasn't an issue to eat.

Last edited: