• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Supplements for Vyvanse & ADHD, when to take what? -Tolerance prevention-

TrkdTrmp

Greenlighter
After doing hours of online research, with mixed results regarding most supplementation, I have come up with a routine, which I would like your opinions/insight on, as every supplement guide I found told to just take tens of these random supplements, not properly explaining when etc. The information is just very unstable so I'd love if you posted actual proof on anything you post and useful information, not the basic "I took vitamin d once it did not boost my vyvanse it does not work". One question to get off my chest is, does it matter whether I take Magnesium at night or with Vyvanse in the morning? I'm aiming at the alleged tolerance prevention, but I would also like if the effects could last longer(which from what I remember reading magnesium with Vyvanse would make the effects last longer, some said the effects got stronger, some said it made them not work at all.) An answer with proper proof would be golden here, personally I'd prefer taking magnesium at night time for "relaxation/sleep aiding" purposes in the routine below, but if it's actually better to take it with Vyvanse, I'll just switch the Zinc and Magnesium timings, because they compete for absorption and shouldn't be taken together.

^What I mean exactly is that in supplement guides they list you bunch of supplements, tell what they are supposed to do, but that's it. Some supplements/vitamins should be taken in the morning, some night, some to empty stomach, some with food, some not together with another supplement at all, which is what annoys me when I just see list of things and contradicting information all over the place.

I'm talking about medical use of Vyvanse, 70mg daily for ADHD, not recreational so I don't need any overkill supplements more aimed at recreational safe use. But all in all, I spent long time figuring out when and how I should administer these most common supplements I found to make sure most of them get absorbed and not just waste. This is what I need your help with, I simply want a proper routine to stick to, and to know somewhat safely that the things I take do absorb. I'm not expecting a super change in tolerance, I'm trying to take these supplements to help my ADHD-symptoms and general well-being as well as the alleged properties of potentiated effect and tolerance prevention. If you have some other good supplements to recommend, with science and proof behind them, I'll happily consider them. And no, I can't fake Alzheimers and you can't get DXM in my country without a diarrhea or annoying separation process, again I'm just trying to stay healthy while hopefully preventing tolerance growth.

I've got shitty appetite, obviously worse on Vyvanse, which is why I'll figure out a routine of some snacks/meals with these supplements, mind you my breakfast might be a sandvich at 8pm if I don't smoke any herb, so I think this stuff is pretty important for me.

If you have recommendations/advice, if you think something listed is useless/I should take more, do state why, and a source/proof preferably. I've read enough of shit people pulled out of their asses, shit pulled from your ass will not be any more valuable. I will also see my private doc in 2 weeks, I'll ask his thoughts on these as well and will update if I get trustworthy information.

Anyways here is the routine I came up with:

-->1 hour before Breakfast:

- Green Tea Extract 1x500
- L-Tyrosine 1x500
- L-Theanine 1-2x100mg
- Vyvanse 1x70mg
- 1x22mg Zinc Picolinate
- Choline 1x550mg
- ALCAR 1x500mg+ALA 1x200mg
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamin D 1x50ug
^This part is the one I'm most unsure about, do any of these have any absorption/other issues when taken with each other? Overall I read these should be administered in empty stomach.

-->At daytime with a Meal(around when vyvanse is wearing off):

- Multivitamin
- 1xALCAR+ALA
- Vitamin C 1-4x500mg

-->At night/Before going to sleep

- Magnesium Glycinate 1x340mg
- Melatonin 6mg

I highly value and appreciate well-thought answers, thanks!

The supplements will help to some degree, but if you're looking to alter tolerance in your favor, the only way to do that is by actually reducing your usage and then returning once it is lower. Nobody has found that Holy-Grail yet. Like I said, I'm sure the supplements will do "something", but I'm telling you, a tolerance break is the only think that will actually cause a noticeable difference.

Unlesss you experience some placebo effect, I'm pretty sure these supplements will not produce any kind of positive effect on your use or tolerance that you can actually say "Yes, wow, I notice a difference!".

I've spent a lot of money on this stuff because people have recommended them for my various addictions and I always felt like I had seriously wasted money. One of the herbs I tried was not bad for sleep though, Valerian.

If you have any questions let us know, but a T break is probably in order

I'm fine with my current tolerance on Vyvanse, this thread in my case is more about looking at the tolerance preventing when it's manageable still rather than having it fucked up and trying to eat all these pills to hope for the best.
To update, my current list of things I take:

Morning:
1x Vyvanse
1xZinc
1xL-tyrosine
2xL-theanine
Vitamin B and D

Day:
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
1xL-tyrosine

Night:
Melatonin
Magnesium

I've simplified the list a little, due to now twice starting to sweat and feel uneasy -> vomiting ~30-50 minutes later, last time today with this list, with the only difference being I took Green Tea Extract(first time i also took also alcar and choline, haven't taken them since), and I read that it should be taken with food. I cut off ALCAR and Choline as suspects for this reaction, however I figured I should try to get the choline from food source probably anyways. ALCAR I feel slightly mixed about, overall I would take it only to prevent neurotoxicity. In all honesty, does the neurotoxicity that ALCAR prevents matter? In what way if so, as frequent Vyvanse user, is neurotoxicity really going to be notable issue? I might consider trying to take the Green Tea Extract during day with food, but overall this list seems to make most sense and include the main supplements I've seen and researched around internet, and as you mentioned none of these will likely show a notable difference in tolerance, so I can't be arsed to even try some sketchy or less-known supplements on top of these.

take lost of magnesium and consider taking B-12 injections in the butt muscle since theyve proven B vitamins basically don't absorb in pill form

Sorry blue light glitched out and deleted my massive post

I doubt theraputic doses of vyvanse are neurotoxic.

Basically after spending thousands on supplements the only things (apart of nicotine and caffeine) at keeping amphetamine working are
Sleep
Enough food
Exercise
Staying hydrated

take lost of magnesium and consider taking B-12 injections in the butt muscle since theyve proven B vitamins basically don't absorb in pill form
Really cuz I know if I’ve forgotten to take my vitamin b I’ll start Getting super anxious and Inactive, almost frozen to my chair, my thoughts will be disorderly and I’m just generally in a state of arousal - and once I realise I haven’t taken my vitamin b I’ll take it and then an hour later I’ll feel super calm, the anxiety goes away completely and I can get everything back on track, I was about to stop taking vyvanse until I stumbled upon vitamin b in desperation, i started recommending it to everyone, that and fish oil, they really do have a significant effect on both my adhd and the effects of vyvanse. I have a similar routine to op except I take - vitamin d , b, tumeric and 6 tablets of 1500mg fish oil, 3 in the morning and 3 at night, they actually say that fish oil is the next effective medication next to stimulants and I absolutely agree, My brain almost feels young again when I take them and it also helps me stay on task, im also trying to figure out the night/ morning thing, I’ve tried taking magnesium powders, I take it for other stuff sometimes but haven’t noticed much difference. Although something I have noticed a lot of differences with is eating, especially with breakfast, I could never eat on amps when I took it recreationally but I remember someone telling me it is the secret tl taking any kind of stim successfully, so when I started vyvanse and I lost my appetite I forced myself to eat a couple of breakfast meals, high protein high fat meals work best and it was like once I forced myself to do that the whole appetite suppressant side effect disappeared, I mean I used to be isgocked by those that could eat on Amps or stims, but now to my surprise im one of them, so I’d really suggest trying this, I actually eat more now on vyvanse than I’ve ever eaten not on it, I think another trick is to eat when it’s kicking in, if I don’t do that it’s definitely harder to eat throughout the day. Also in the past whether I ate some high protein food on vyvanse it gave me a real boost, my mate thats been on drexies his whole life says the same, although recently and this is in part why I came here, I’ve noticed whenever I eat my lunch I my vyvanse starts to wear off and I have no energy for the rest of the day, which is really making it tough at work, it’s like when you blood sugar crashes in the afternoon and I’m actually wondering if it’s a diabetes thing? Im on 50mg of vyvanse and my psyche is an Arsehole, he won’t let me increase and he won’t let me see him until I run out of tablets and no I be never run out early, he even told me to get a gp to look after me in between our 3 month appointments, but he won’t send the required letters through to the gp’s, I’ve been trying t for the last 6-7 months for him to do this. I’ve actually resorted to making up my own capsules of vyvanse with An extra 5-10mg to take mid morning if I’m worried I’ll crash at lunch time ………. Sorry I’m hyjacking this thread - op should definitely try fish oil.

Although recently I’ve noticed that whenever