• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Superjail!

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
any1 else watching this ? its far out, im really liking the animation/drawing.. check out this psychedelic clip
AwesomeSuperjail.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! The show rocks , as do many of the animated shows on Adult Swim. I also love Metalocalypse and Moral Orel - good laughs man.

When a show can make you double up in laughter that's simultaneously nauseating, that's a mark of true genius. The best show on AS, IMO.

I haven't seen anything like this since Liquid Television--and unfortunately that show was on when I was much younger and hadn't yet discovered the drugs that would have gone so well with it.

Superjail! is extremely moody, dark and dirty. The clashy colors and constant movement of the animation makes everything look like it's infected with a horrifying disease, like a psychedelic pustule on the verge of rupture. And of course it is. Bad trips explode out of nowhere with brutal violence, arcane ceremonies are held in magic kingdoms between the prison's walls, and monstrous ecosystems are shown thriving at the molecular scale, often without any explanation or narrative consequence.

In every episode I've seen there's been a sequence where the 'camera' pans between scenes of murderous anarchy in a kind of unhinged, stream of consciousness style. For example, the temperature might be turned down in Superjail, which causes ice crystals to stab up through the ground and impale innumerable prisoners, freezes the tranny prison guard--whose having sex with the guy that makes furniture out of people's limbs--and awakens the ivory-tusked snow monsters and the ice demon that shoots ice spikes from its hand like its a machine gun, all in 'one take'. The final shot is of everyone dead and frozen. The End.

Superjail is wanton creativity and lewd whimsy distilled by a mad scientist, poured onto a rag, and huffed as a breath freshener by a deformed schizophrenic kid dining on rotting road kill. It's bursting with weird and disturbing superfluities that do little to support a story, yet each contributes to the evocation of new and vibrant atmospheres, and so all the trippy bric-a-brac is not non-essential (heh) to the show's primary artistic aims. I'm very happy there's at least one show like this on television.

seriously, superjail is brilliant. After catching an episode on tv the other day, I ended up watching the first season in one sitting on adultswim.com. Best thing to happen to American animation in a long time.

^Yeah, I went on that website and watched all the episodes I hadn't yet seen. Judging from the pilot episode there's been some retooling. I'd like to see the the Warden's original character design--as a psychopathic dungeon djinn--reprized. In the latter episodes he doesn't seem to be as powerful or as in control of his own inner demons, nor does he appear to be as aware of the activities of the "Twins," who are intriguing in their own right.

It is a great show...trippy in a weird way.. I like it, but i've only seen one episode thus far.

This is my new favorite on Adult Swim. I had kind of stopped watching for awhile since they stopped play Squidbillies, then came across Superjail! and was hooked. Whoever made the Liquid Television comparison is spot on. I was recently prompted yesterday to locate every episode of Liquid Television (and succeeded, thank you very much!) all due to a binge of Superjail! Love it.

Fucking atrociously bad. i cant put into words how much i despise this fuckin show.

Superjail! season 2 starts April 3rd at midnight.
The hit series Superjail! is getting slammed back in general population for a second season of destruction premiering Sunday, April 3 at midnight (ET, PT) on Adult Swim. Double the insanity. Double the crazy. Double the pain of being kicked in the guts really hard. Season 2 makes Season 1—which had a body count in the tens of thousands—look like Steel Magnolias.

Superjail! returns to Adult Swim with ten new episodes produced at Titmouse Studios in N.Y. Series creators and executive producers Christy Karacas (Cartoon Sushi, Robotomy) and Stephen Warbrick (Beavis and Butthead, Daria) teamed up again to take this over-the-top animated series to the next level. Chris McCulloch (The Venture Bros.) returned as a consulting producer this season and lent his talents with story editing and voice-overs. David Wain (Childrens Hospital, The State) and Christy Karacas are also included in the voice cast.

Fast-paced animation, flying guts, creepy underlings, and plenty of prison fights dominate the Warden’s chaotic prison at Superjail!. The blood flows like wine and the line between criminal and keeper gets blurrier by the minute. Picture a kaleidoscope of entrails meets Jon Waters meets Shawshank damnation plus a sweaty muscle woman minus primetime sensibility. You are hereby guilty of being given what you asked for.
Full article

^God damn yes.

I fucking love Superjail, I have the first season on DVD. I think my favorite episodes are Time-Police parts 1-2, so weird and trippy. I'm a huge fan of all those bizarre adult swim shows like Superjail!, 12 oz. mouse and Xavier.

One of the animators of Superjail! is in the Stupid Stupid Henchmen, if anyone's into crazy violent crust ska-punk.

This is one of my most favorite shows of all time or was not sure yet season one was perfect I saw a little of one episode from season 2 and it was alright but it wasn't the original so ??

PB and I are going as Alice & The Warden for halloween, respectively.