• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Superior man pleads guilty to sexually assaulting preteen girl

poledriver

Bluelighter
Superior man pleads guilty to sexually assaulting preteen girl

A man accused of sexually assaulting a preteen girl after smoking synthetic marijuana will serve an eight-year prison sentence after pleading guilty Friday to first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

A man accused of sexually assaulting a preteen girl after smoking synthetic marijuana will serve an eight-year prison sentence after pleading guilty Friday to first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

Shane Lawrence Cooper, 29 of Superior, entered the plea in State District Court in Duluth. Judge Sally Tarnowski directed an Arrowhead Regional Corrections Officer to investigate Cooper’s background before sentencing on Nov. 1. The judge also ordered the defendant to undergo a psychosexual evaluation and immediately be sent to prison.

Cooper was also charged with interference with an emergency call during the March 9 incident, but that charge was dismissed as part of a plea agreement. A trial had been scheduled to start on Tuesday.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant St. Louis County Attorney Nathaniel Stumme.

According to the criminal complaint:

The victim told a social worker that Cooper sexually assaulted her more than once but that when she earlier told others they didn’t believe her or didn’t have time to listen to her. The mother of the alleged victim told police that she found a vial of synthetic marijuana and a glass pipe that she believed had been used by the defendant. She said his eyes were red and he was acting strangely.

The girl’s mother told a Duluth police officer that her daughter told her she had been sexually assaulted by Cooper. She said she grabbed a telephone to call police immediately after the alleged assault, but Cooper grabbed the phone. She then took her daughter to school and reported the allegations to a school staff member. The girl was taken to the hospital.

A social worker interviewed the girl at First Witness Child Resource Center. The girl said that Cooper had sexually assaulted her more than once.

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/245638/publisher_ID/36/

^ And that is a good thing. He deserves more than that for possibly destroying the life of a preteen.

Isn't it time for the mother to come out and tell other parents that synthetic marijuana should be banned, so that this doesn't happen to their kids, too?:|

^ Yeah, he might just get killed.

Right after I read this, I opened a Norwegian newspaper and saw that a 25 year old man got 1 and a half year for drugging down his half-sister (14 years old) on a cocktail of amphetamines, meth and diazepam, and sexually abused her.

^ Yeah, he might just get killed.

He did get killed, strangled in his cell, that's what the link that cavwife posted says.

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the killing of a prison inmate who was strangled in his cell.

The Ramsey County medical examiner has identified the victim as 30-year-old Shane Lawrence Cooper. His death was ruled a homicide due to strangulation.

Cooper was found dead on the floor of his cell at the Oak Park Heights prison on Monday. A ligature was around his neck.

He did get killed, strangled in his cell, that's what the link that cavwife posted says.

Oh... I just held the cursor over the link so I could see the title, and thought it was another case. Maybe I should start reading everything and understanding the context of comments before replying to them... my bad.

I didn't think it would happen that quick :\

That's ok, I was surprised to see this article pop up again after over a year, I was about to come on the thread and ask why it would be bumped, but I read the link and found out. Cavwife was on the ball, for their first BL post. :)

Right after I read this, I opened a Norwegian newspaper and saw that a 25 year old man got 1 and a half year for drugging down his half-sister (14 years old) on a cocktail of amphetamines, meth and diazepam, and sexually abused her.

There's meth in Norway now? must be a recent development yeah?

kudos to Cavwife.

And, while I am against murder, I have to say that I am not particularly saddened to see this guy go.

There's meth in Norway now? must be a recent development yeah?

Honestly, I don't know much about how long it's been around. Few years at least, and I know it's well spread across the country. Especially in the northern part of Norway, it's everywhere...

he was murdered...we are happy because she will never have to fear him getting out

^ And that is a good thing. He deserves more than that for possibly destroying the life of a preteen.

Isn't it time for the mother to come out and tell other parents that synthetic marijuana should be banned, so that this doesn't happen to their kids, too?:|

kudos to Cavwife.

And, while I am against murder, I have to say that I am not particularly saddened to see this guy go.

he was murdered...we are happy because she will never have to fear him getting out

I have to say I'm surprised. This man did a horrible, despicable thing, but given the nature of synthetic cannabinoids (psychosis-inducing, unpredictable, dangerously untested), don't you think it's possible he had a pre-existing mental disorder which caused him to do this? It reminds me of the guy who drank a ton of shroom tea then ripped out his friend's heart. Now that was damn near unbelievable, but I think parallels can be drawn.

Was this guy charged with anything else in the past (before starting his habit)? What exactly did he smoke? How good was his lawyer? Does he have (or rather, did he have) a pre-existing mental disorder? These are the questions I believe we should be asking before condemning him.

I have to say I'm surprised. This man did a horrible, despicable thing, but given the nature of synthetic cannabinoids (psychosis-inducing, unpredictable, dangerously untested), don't you think it's possible he had a pre-existing mental disorder which caused him to do this? It reminds me of the guy who drank a ton of shroom tea then ripped out his friend's heart. Now that was damn near unbelievable, but I think parallels can be drawn.

Was this guy charged with anything else in the past (before starting his habit)? What exactly did he smoke? How good was his lawyer? Does he have (or rather, did he have) a pre-existing mental disorder? These are the questions I believe we should be asking before condemning him.

I agree with you that it would be very unfortunate to condemn someone to die if they had a shit lawyer or a mental disorder. But we didn't condemn him to die. We just commented that, when vigilante "justice" got him, we weren't so distraught about it, and we also thought of the poor girl who had to live in fear of him getting out.

I wonder why the original url I posted in the article no longer works.