• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Super worried , it's been a week now

Bm1994

Greenlighter
Ok so I just came back from a pretty intense holiday (10 days of alcohol , 9 of which I did Mdma or extacy ) and I feel like I have damaged myself . It's been 7 days since I came backand this is what I have been going through since:
First few days - tired , dizzy as hell , brain zaps , headache , weird pins and needles sensation in head
The dizziness eased but still get random spells 5-7 days in .
Got a huge brain zap in work on day 5 and the left side of my neck has hurt since .
On day 7 now , still don't feel like myself , have radiating pain in my head and neck.
THIS IS THE WORRYING PART : I am 50% sure that I have had 1 or 2 mini seizures in last few nights . Never had them before so unsure if they were seizures or just dreams , pretty sure I convulsed in the bed for one or two seconds though on separate occasions .
I am really worried a permanently damaged my brain and that I am going to die :( what should I do? Has anyone experienced symptoms like this before ??
Thanks so much to anyone who responds , this is my first post and I just need someone to talk to , 100% can't tell my mom

LOL.....you'll be fine. I've done MUCH worse then that.

Your body is just going through some withdrawal symptoms.
They will subside in a week or two

Thanks so much for your reply !! Would you say you have experienced the dizziness and convulsing too? That is what is worrying me :(

Thanks so much for your reply !! Would you say you have experienced the dizziness and convulsing too? That is what is worrying me :(
Dude, I had seizures and all kinds of other wonderful stuff.

If you're still here typing your posts into BL then you'll be just fine.
You're likely going through anxiety and panic attacks, which is perfectly normal (anxiety can cause dizziness).

My advice, is do NOT take anymore drugs (unless its a few beers or weed), and let the withdrawal symptoms subside.
They should be completely gone in a week or two.

Cheers!!

Thanks again man , really helped put my mind at ease !! Hopefully things will get better over the next few days , the neck/head pain and dizziness is stopping me enjoying each day

thanks again man , really helped put my mind at ease !! Hopefully things will get better over the next few days , the neck/head pain and dizziness is stopping me enjoying each day
{{{hugs}}}

I am really worried a permanently damaged my brain and that I am going to die :(

There is absolutely no reason to think that you have done permanent damage, let alone are going to die. Whilst not recommended, many people have been to the likes of Ibiza on holiday and spent the majority of their time taking MDMA, before making full (although probably temporarily tough) recoveries.

You are suffering a tremendous comedown from nine day ecstasy use, as expected. That's a lot of MDMA to consume... take a break and be more careful in future. :)

Has anyone experienced symptoms like this before ??

Yes, I have. It is simply a comedown which has been enhanced and extended by the excessive use of MDMA.

Never had them before so unsure if they were seizures or just dreams , pretty sure I convulsed in the bed for one or two seconds though on separate occasions .

If you think that you are having seizures then you should always check yourself into A&E, however you were likely experiencing hypnagogic jerks. They are very common following MDMA consumption, especially excessive consumption, and often associated with brain zaps and sleep paralysis. They are not the same as having a seizure, and are nothing to worry about. I've had them during many comedowns, and they are actually a common part of falling asleep; you just generally don't remember them.

Hypnic jerk. A hypnic jerk, hypnagogic jerk, sleep start, sleep twitch or night start, is an involuntary twitch which occurs just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing them to awaken suddenly for a moment.

Take the opportunity to work on your health to ensure that your brain is in optimum condition to return to homeostasis. Things like:

- meditation
- mindfulness
- eating healthy
- seeing friends
- exercise
- no drugs
- sleeping well
- keeping occupied

Try and do the kind of things that you would normally do in order to make yourself feel happy and limit anxiety levels, and you should be fine. :)

Last edited:
I'd just like to say how much I appreciate everyone's supportive replies , my first time using this website and am very impressed . Funny enough it actually was Ibiza that I was in !! I'll keep my head up and post updates for anyone in the future who may experience something similar!

Funny enough it actually was Ibiza that I was in !!

Heh, of course it was! ;)

Just make sure you actively try to make yourself feel better - you'll have a much better chance of feeling better sooner. Get some sunshine and go for a run or something.

And be sure to stick around, there is a lot to be learnt here at bluelight. :)

Oh also, music is a huge helper. Check out our electronic music forum for loads of recent tunes. I would be interested to know what they're playing in Ibiza at the moment:

What are YOU listenin' to? v. Watch your bass bins! I'm tellin' yah.

Yip, spamming the very forum I mod. =D

Last edited:
Hi, I had the same thing with the brain zaps lasted me about a week and came right.
I found that by drinking lots of fluids with electolytes helped me

Thanks @behindthe shadow! Has anyone been diagnosed with Serotonin Syndrome before from excessive use ? Day 8 now , dizziness fading slightly , but it still feels like my brain is pushing against the right hand side of my skull

Thanks @behindthe shadow! Has anyone been diagnosed with Serotonin Syndrome before from excessive use ? Day 8 now , dizziness fading slightly , but it still feels like my brain is pushing against the right hand side of my skull

You do not have serotonin syndrome, especially eight days after consumption. If you had serotonin syndrome you would have been gravely ill in a hospital at best, or dead.

I'd suggest that you stop reading any MDMA horror stories if that is what you are doing; they are unlikely to happen to you and will probably have a detrimental effect themselves.

Do what I recommended and try to be proactive/healthy, and reduce any anxiety you have. MDMA comedowns are normal, and you took a lot of MDMA. That doesn't mean you're irreversibly fucked though... it means you need to live healthy and give your body time to recover. :)

Thanks again tranced! Really feel like this isn't normal though , dizziness is back and pretty Heavy.. how long before it goes away?

Everyone is different so there is no 'one size fits all' answer as to how long or how successfully recovery will be.

I'd take the opposite approach and say that permanent damage to the serotonergic system is extremely likely although you likely will never notice the full extent of effects or, if you do, not until later in life.

At this point, rest, hydration, varied whole food nutrition, and exercise is going to be your best bet. NSAIDs could potentially help if there is residual brain swelling which isn't out of the question.

Ibiza kills all of us. You will get better, just stay clean for a couple of months! :)

Why is it so likely ? I am feeling a lot better now . Can you elaborate on what kind of damage is likely done and what I will experience later in life ?? :/

STAY AWAY FROM WEED UNTIL YOU'RE POSITIVE YOU'RE 100% BETTER. I had similar symptoms after an OD and didn't listen to my body....was feeling a lot better but not 100%. I smoked weed heavily for a weekend and now I'm still feeling some symptoms over a year later. Follow the advice people posted in here and you'll be fine.

Wow I'll definitely keep that in mind ! I very rarely smoke weed though so should be ok on that front , it's going 3 months without drunkenly accepting a pill is the worrying challenge !! Feeling a lot better today though , was a tough week but hopeful I'll make a full recovery soon, did some exercise today which I thought really helped , getting the odd headache every few hours but nothing compared to what I was going through. Big shout out to everyone who replied again , really helped put my mind at ease and educate me :)

hey bm1994.... just came across this thread.

Ive just got back from ibiza (5 heavy days) and am experiencing almost identical symptoms that you were

just wondering how you are now and how much longer it took you to get over everything?

Cheers,