• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Super-Potent Fentanyl's and Benzos, even powder distribution.

Dead Machination

Bluelighter
I know the common practice to dissolve a high potency benzodiazepines or fentanyl, nitazine, or whatever is active at submicrogram doses, into a liquid, dissolve it, and then use that liquid to dose accordingly.

I was wondering if it would be the possible to use the same technique, but to convert it into a less potent powder (not leathal from a "whiff").

Dissolve all of the target chemical into the appropriate solvent, find a cutter that recrystallizes at about the same point in that solvent, then dry it all up, and use that diluted powder, to make it much easier to measure doses. For example, you could cut down something that is active at a dose of 1 mg, x20, and that would make it so you could scoop out accurate doses with a 20 mg anti-static scoop, rather than dangerously eyeballing a single milligram.

I don't intend to do anything like this, but I've been toying around with the concept for years, is there any reason that people do, or do not do that?

You're trusting your life to that, "recrystallizes at about the same point in that solvent". I'm thinking that the crystalization at the edges as it dries might be uneven regardless of that as well.
That was my biggest worry as well. I think it would work if you could find the perfect cutting agent though, that almost identically matches the recrystallization point of the target drug, but that could be VERY hard to do, and can depend on so many environmental factors.

Like I said before, I don't do stuff like that anymore, but it's something I've been wondering about for years.

Thank you for the input!

That was my biggest worry as well. I think it would work if you could find the perfect cutting agent though, that almost identically matches the recrystallization point of the target drug, but that could be VERY hard to do, and can depend on so many environmental factors.

Like I said before, I don't do stuff like that anymore, but it's something I've been wondering about for years.

Thank you for the input!
Glad you mentioned environmental factors. One would be that differing chemicals are affected differently in their solubility by temperature. One chemical might crash out of a cold solvent more than another even if they are both about equal in solubility at a certain temp.
Slight differences like that prolly wouldn't normally matter, but when you have a drug active at .5mg (Fentanyl) it could matter.
A grain of salt is estimated at .3 to .06 mg (they vary). Carfentanil can be deadly at .03mg(?) in a non-tolerant user. Anyway, a grain of salt of it being deadly is quite possible.