• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SUPER long vyvanse overdose post. Have questions.

Pialien

Greenlighter
I apologize in advance for how fucking long this is. I just really need some help here.

I am prescribed 20mg and 30mg vyvanse for my adhd. I don't take it for recreational purposes because I just end up getting anxious, not high. I usually take 50mg, because that's what gives me the best focus and grounded effect. I was happy I found that bc adderall made me too anxious to leave my house at 15 mg but 10mg didn't do much, and ritalin never worked quite right. I don't usually get any bad come downs except for irritability (which is still par for the course bc I'm Bipolar 1 too).

I overdosed on the vyvanse this past Thursday. I took 250mg of vyvanse in 9 hours. Firat dose was day 1 @ 3pm, last dose at day 1 @ 12am. OD symptoms started at 5am (many meds take a very long time to kick in for me). I had a 4-5 hour peak, with complete loss of muscle control (presented as violent full body tremors and random tensing/total loosening of my muscle grip), what felt like near-seizures, fainting, light hallucinations, body temperature vascillation, vertigo, nausea, and extreme panic (among other body symptoms).

My boyfriend was with me the whole time afraid I was going to die. I slept for 3 hours when my body finally got too fatigued to move any more and then once I woke up I was completely mentally and physically awake but my body started with the overdose again. I still had a persistent stutter from my confusion and loss of muscle control and people around me were panicking because I couldn't speak.

Went to the hospital, got some ativan, got my vitals stable, went home. Doctors said what I did was really dangerous, but I could tell they were trying to not freak me out because I was seriously panicking.

I had several bouts of the same overdose symptoms over the next two days. Didn't sleep much, didn't eat much, had to take time off from school for those two days. I live on campus so it was hard to navigate not doing work and being social.

Now that I'm getting back into my studies (because finals week ends next week here) I need my meds to cope with the focus issues. My adhd is severe and I don't know how I'll make it without it. I took 120mg today over the course of maybe 7 hour in hopes that I would be able to study. I kept taking them a few hours apart because I didn't feel any effects. Still don't, and the most recent dose was at 1:30am, six hours ago. I have the feeling that I would only start feeling relief of adhd symptoms at 180mg.

Is it possible to have a tolerance this high? From the overdose itself? If so, can I safely take more than the 120mg I took today so I can get the adhd med effects? Will I have to switch to another medication bc I maxed out my potential with this one? Is there any way I can quickly get back to being satisfied with 50mg? Was this actually serious or something to scoff at? I'm clueless about amphetamines--they're not my vice of choice.

I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow, Monday, but figured that if I could get some extra insight into this for when I go it would be helpful.

Any advice, or comments, or ways to cope considering my circumstances?

The maximum dosage for Vyvanse is 70 Mg /day. Read both of these. www.vyvanse.com and www.drugs.com/vyvanse.html. Here are some quick answers. Yes you could of had seizures, stroke and death. Also, you can get addicted to anything, including high dose Vyvanse. If I were you, I'd get those real seizure symptoms checked again. In the name of harm reduction, I hope your psych doctor finds out about your OD. Stimulant ADD medication, does not seem to be for you. I say that out of care.

Last edited:
I overdosed on the vyvanse this past Thursday. I took 250mg of vyvanse in 9 hours.

-What made you take that much?

Is it possible to have a tolerance this high? From the overdose itself? If so, can I safely take more than the 120mg I took today so I can get the adhd med effects? Will I have to switch to another medication bc I maxed out my potential with this one? Is there any way I can quickly get back to being satisfied with 50mg? Was this actually serious or something to scoff at? I'm clueless about amphetamines--they're not my vice of choice.

-Tolerance can be built but it takes time on regular use. Try not taking ANY for 2-3 days and then your normal dose should work. You would only build up a tolerance if you were consuming the amount you OD'd on, on a regular basis. Vyvanse should last anywhere from 4-7 hours, if you are prescribed 50, why are you taking more than one a day?

Were you intentionally overdosing to get attention or seem important or interesting to your friends or boyfriend? Why? Was there someone there forcing you to repeatedly take more than was prudent or indicated by the directions? Assuming you are a semi-autonomous adult who will have to get any prescription such as Vyvanse filled once a month and self administer the pulls daily, which is the impression I kind of get from your post, what is going to keep you from going on another extended overdose session again next time? Your parents are not going to be happy about your hospital bill, which will be astronomical, and it seems like you would be embarrassed enough about going to the hospital the first time to quietly not take or request any more vyvanse, which you have proven you are not responsible enough to take on your own, and learn to live your life without drugs you don't need and which, if they had been of a truly dangerous nature to begin with, would have already killed you. Something isn't adding up with your story.

Last edited: