• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Super irritated

GuyDude

Greenlighter
Sometimes when I take opiates I get super irritated, like everything makes me mad and annoyed. I tried kratom and it happened on that, more often than not, same with morphine, lately i've been doing oxy and it seems to not happen as often as the others, but when it does happen it completely ruins the high, which in turn makes me more mad. Does anyone know why this happens? I guess this is what a bad trip on opiates is, which is better than being super paranoid or scared shitless. So maybe it's because of my mood before doing them or the setting, or maybe it just happens sometimes, but I wish there was a way to prevent this.

Happened to me the other day on heroin. No tolerance and I shot/snorted small amounts. I just kept getting itchy as fuck and pissed off. I can't see why people chase it.

I don't have a ton of experience with opiods, but I think it happens when you romanticize the high. I would say the opposite is true for me. I haven't had the problem with kratom, but I get super irritated by little things on tramadol or oxycodone

Dunno why it happens but it's very common..opiate rage is much more common than steroid rage

I recommend putting on some calm music and just enjoy the high. Do something productive you like. I for example draw while listening to some of my favourite artists or do some housework.
Whatever takes your mind of this "rage". But opioids do the opposite for me and make me happy and calm, only when I am disturbed somehow I get irritated but not to that extreme...

Getting easily irritated on opiates, "opiate rage", is actually extremely common. Opiates effect a wide variety of chemicals and neurotransmitters in our brains, and since our brain is essentially one big computer running on chemicals our brain is also effected in a variety of ways, in turn changing how we perceive things. I don't think we've pinpointed exactly what change causes people to be irritated easily due to the fact that so many chemicals are changed and everyone is different, though.

For example I have a friend that gets irritated easily after taking Oxy or hydro but not heroin, but I only get irritated easily when I use heroin, and it is only very very rarely. I'm also a very chill person though, so how you perceive life in general and how well you deal with daily stresses may also play a large part in opiate rage.

I recommend putting on some calm music and just enjoy the high. Do something productive you like. I for example draw while listening to some of my favourite artists or do some housework.
Whatever takes your mind of this "rage". But opioids do the opposite for me and make me happy and calm, only when I am disturbed somehow I get irritated but not to that extreme...

Same here bud, whenever i get high i usually do something productive, clean, listen to music, or if im at work it gives me a hell of an incentive to work! makes me happy n calm... the world seems a bit less fucked up. not too sure about this opiate rage... never experienced it to be honest.

Sometimes when I take opiates I get super irritated, like everything makes me mad and annoyed. I tried kratom and it happened on that, more often than not, same with morphine, lately i've been doing oxy and it seems to not happen as often as the others, but when it does happen it completely ruins the high, which in turn makes me more mad. Does anyone know why this happens? I guess this is what a bad trip on opiates is, which is better than being super paranoid or scared shitless. So maybe it's because of my mood before doing them or the setting, or maybe it just happens sometimes, but I wish there was a way to prevent this.
How long have you been using opiates for? And what are your normal doses for oxy, morphine etc.

^
Yes fo9r me I only had this problem when I started doing opiates.

Nowadays they just turn me into an insensitive prick.

Always get this as soon as the comedown begins. Infact thats how i know im starting to come down. Has been happening to me with opiates since i was 14. The smallest things piss me off.

Happens to me as well :)

To add something, its hit or miss. It will happen for a day or 2 then go away for weeks. It seems to be stress related IMO.

After taking DHC for 3 days I got very irritated and lethargic. Also i had a bad headache.

When I take a to much to fast I get cranky as hell. Also I find if I haven't slept well in a few days then I start getting pretty pissy when on the oxy. Really though, now that I think about it, I'm a pretty pissy person anyway even if I'm sober. I guess maybe if we are already naturally an asshole then when on oxy or whatever then we become even bigger assholes?

I don't get super irritated, but I'd say I'm a bit easier to piss off. Mostly when I'm on opiates I stay by myself, so it doesn't happen that much.

Pretty common in my experience, my buddy rages a lot playing league of legends (for some reason I seem to be more calm while I play if I'm high) while on buprenorphine and petty stuff seems to irritate me more.

Never tried other opiates but with DHC I'm euphoric and don't care about anything

Sometimes I definitely get that opiate rage. I've also noticed it sometimes causes me to get very sad as well--to the point of crying. I always attributed it to having emotions build up and the opiates causing me to let my emotional guard down. Its as if there's less of a conscious barrier to negative feelings I'm holding in.

Usually, I'm peachy keen when I'm high though.

I get that way with morphine too...and also Loratabs but not oxy;s ...sorry you going through a bad time...all i know is take some xanex with it and its better combo