• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Sulazepam

Pegasus

Ex-Bluelighter
Any experiences with this drug? I was just having a discussion about possibly trying some and was wondering if anyone has by chance experienced the effects? If not, can anyone offer insight by the chemical structure and similarities to other benzos?

180px-Sulazepam.svg.png

I will likely run this by ADD after a little while in this forum. Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this!

it looks very much like phenazepam:

phenazepam-molecule-150x150.jpg

by the shape i mean, (thats probably because it's a benzo though) i noticed the differences though.

i've never even heard of it before.

by reading wiki it reminds me of how clorazepate works.

Last edited:
It's a diazepam derivative that metabolizes into diazepam, desmethyldiazepam, and oxadiazepam. It's effects are reportedly the same as most other benzos, sedative, muscle relaxant, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic.

Literally this is every piece of info i was able to find on this drug. Wow. Must be pretty new or something. Good luck if you end up trying it, I'd be extremely careful since i couldn't find any information on dose or duration. Could be phenazepam all over again. 8(

so its a prodrug than i suppose, so would be no good IV or anything that bypasses metabolism.
or am i wrong about that?

The interesting thing about the chemical structure to me is the sulfur... I don't think I've seen that before. This is because it is the thioamide derivative of diazepam... I don't know what the implications this has on the pharmacology would be, though...

I'm hoping that it is used in some country somewhere that I don't see mentioned... I don't see it anywhere, though.

I don't think it is a prodrug, for the record; those metabolites are pretty common for benzodiazepines. I could be wrong though, there is so little on it!

Let's keep this thread about sulazepam please, thanks!

-> ADD... Mods, feel free to kick back to OD, I'd just like the opinion of some of the ADD regulars if possible, thanks!

The interesting thing about the chemical structure to me is the sulfur... I don't think I've seen that before. This is because it is the thioamide derivative of diazepam... I don't know what the implications this has on the pharmacology would be, though...

I'm hoping that it is used in some country somewhere that I don't see mentioned... I don't see it anywhere, though.

I'll upload some 1,4-benzos with Sulfur in them. :)

You already have Sulazepam above so I won't add that one.

Also, all of the thienobenzodiazepines, including etizolam, have a Sulfur. See?

Attachments

• Elfazepam.jpg
    Elfazepam.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Quazepam.jpg
    Quazepam.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Tolufazepam.png
    Tolufazepam.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Etizolam.jpg
    Etizolam.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Cool, did not know about this. Depending on the speed and location of the conversion from thioketone to ketone this could open up quite a few promising possibilities. The first question is does the tioketone have activity or is sulazepam simply a prodrug for diazepam? The second question is where are the RC batches of 2-methyl-9-nitro-6-phenyl-2,5-diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undeca-5,8,10,12-tetraen-3-thione?

My first impression of this is that the replacement of oxygen by sulphur is an attempt to increase the lipid solubility of the drug relative to "normal" benzos like diazepam. Comparing this with the SAR of barbiturates, thiopental has a sulphur atom in place of oxygen and therefore it's highly lipophilic and suitable for IV induction of anesthesia.

Of course, more lipophilic drugs are also more suitable for recreational use, because their effects kick in faster and are more euphoric.

As far as I can tell, benzos which are not explicitly named in the MDAct, are not classified.

Generally that is true. ^

In Canada, most benzos are schedule IV (except for Rophynol) and hence not illegal to possess but obtaining is an offense.

In Canada, most benzos are schedule IV (except for Rophynol) and hence not illegal to possess but obtaining is an offense.

Well that 4th pic listed by Cpt.Heroin, Clotiazepam, lists that increases stage 2 NREM sleep.

If that is also the case for Sulazepam, just conjecture no evidence to back this up, it could mean that Sulazepam may be good for helping you sleep but not long term. Overall you don't want to spend too much of your sleep time in the early stages. So perhaps taking Sulazepam for sleep long term would reduce the overall quality of your sleep.

Brotizolam is another Thienodiazepene:

This one is also listed as a sedative/hypnotic. Perhaps that's a common trait for the Thienodiazepenes? Again, someone with more knowledge could probably comment more here.
Brotizolam is listed as having high potency, dosage 05.mg to 1mg which makes it similar to xanax or klonopin.

I wouldn't hazard a guess on dosage for Sulazepam though.

I'm quite intrigued; I hope some other people add information about this drug.

Attachments

• 200px-Brotizolam.svg.jpg
    200px-Brotizolam.svg.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

In the UK, there are a several catch-all clauses which cover many phenethylamines, tryptamines, opiates, steroids and cannabinoids. Benzos are unusually not treated like this.

Well that 4th pic listed by Cpt.Heroin, Clotiazepam, lists that increases stage 2 NREM sleep.

If that is also the case for Sulazepam, just conjecture no evidence to back this up, it could mean that Sulazepam may be good for helping you sleep but not long term. Overall you don't want to spend too much of your sleep time in the early stages. So perhaps taking Sulazepam for sleep long term would reduce the overall quality of your sleep.

Brotizolam is another Thienodiazepene:

This one is also listed as a sedative/hypnotic. Perhaps that's a common trait for the Thienodiazepenes? Again, someone with more knowledge could probably comment more here.
Brotizolam is listed as having high potency, dosage 05.mg to 1mg which makes it similar to xanax or klonopin.

I wouldn't hazard a guess on dosage for Sulazepam though.

I'm quite intrigued; I hope some other people add information about this drug.

Brotizolam is one of the very thienodiazepines we have here in italy and in japan AFAIK (Italy quickly encouraged all kinds of thienodiazepines into their market for some reason). From what I've heard despite the medium short duration they have few advantages like being less hypnotic and slightly less prone to produce tollerance, etizolam in my honest opinion is the best since it has some euphoric warm rush with potencies similar to clonazepam and but a half life of apx. 6 hours. Clotiazepam is much less potent but might be more longer lasting.

So are there any commonalities that all Thienodiazepines share, such that we could conjecture a bit about what effects Sulazepam may have. I mean we know it a Benzo-type drug so of course its got some anxiolytic, amnesic, hypnotic, muscle relaxant, sedative effects, but so do all of em.

So, does the thienodiazepene class have any stand out characteristics?
Or does each member vary pretty greatly in terms fo dosage and relative effects (ie more sedative, or more muscle relaxant, more anxiolytic...)?