• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suitable antidepressant for dihydrocodeine use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer-eldritch86

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

First post here, and there's a few particulars I am going to ask that might make searching for the solution a little too specific.

I am currently prescribed dihydrocodeine, gabapentin and lanzoprazole (the former two for back pain). I've become addicted to dihydrocodeine which I top up using nurofen plus (ibuprofen + codeine) and paramol (paracetamol + minimal dihydrocodeine dose) - both of these are available over the counter in the UK. I use around 140 x 30mg of dihydrocodeine tablets in a week, taking the other two around 8 of each a day. Gabapentin I take 10 x 300 mg every second day, and only five tablets every other day. I find this potentiates my dihydrocodeine high nicely. Naughty me uses all over my prescribed limits. I could be outgrowing my dose, but it seems a massive coincidence to me. Perhaps it's the power of suggestion. I should add I don't over do any drugs during the day, but I take just enough to subside my withdrawals and then go nuts at home in the evening so I can enjoy. Every hard day at work must have a conclusion ;)

I've recently had a recurrence of anxiety and depression. My doctor has had me on Zoloft, Prozac, and now venlafaxine. I am instantly hit with the side effects of all of these. For some, it takes weeks or months, but for whatever reason, I'm instantly hit by them. Depression gets worse (which would normally get better over time), but most unbearable is the instant erectile dysfunction and the nullification of my dihydrocodeine high. I'm quite enjoying using dihydrocodeine right now and don't plan on giving up. Doctors are understandably reluctant to prescribe diazepam for anxiety so what might you recommend for someone in my position? I'm obviously not going to tell the doctor, "hey, I can't get high while on this shit!" but if I make a polite suggestion for the right drug, they often at least look into it, or I could find an online source.

Thanks in advance for your reading and advice.

P.E.

we can't tell you how to coerce your doctor into giving you things.
please read the BLUA.

there a plenty of other anti-ds out there, you've just got to try and find the right one for you.
i personally found the perfect anti-d in sertraline - you could try that?

we can't tell you how to coerce your doctor into giving you things.

I think it's best to tell your doctor the side effects you're having and your concerns. He may suggest starting you on something else. Also, be careful with taking over the counter pain medication because too much can cause organ damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.