Mental Health Suicidal major depression is back after stopping pain medication

annachronism1988

Greenlighter
I thought this would be a good place as any to get some opinions. I've been inpatient psychiatry since Easter for major depression and cptsd. After trying everything from venlafaxine amiltriptyline lithium etc I got approved for ketamine therapy. Received quite a few infusions and was seeming to begin to emerge. Better days in years. I got prescribed Tilidine awhile back to treat chronic migraines. Started with about 200 mg then down to 100 then the doctor decided to take me off completely. Which I agreed to because I honestly believed I'd go through withdrawl then be back to the state I'd be enjoying. I barely experienced any physical withdrawls. But one week into this and it's the like crushing depression of seven months ago that i made so much progress on is back with a vengeance. The doctors can't tell me what's going on. I never varried from what was prescribed. I don't understand why this overwhelming hopelessness is here. Is this PAWS. Could the withdrawal just have triggered the lurking depression.

Tilidine is an opioid painkiller, so it is possible that part of that good feeling was coming from this drug.

It could also be PAWS.

Please mention this all to your doctor. When's the next time you see them?

I'm inpatient so I see them everyday. Would really be a shitty thing if all the improvement comes down to just the tilidine and now I'm at square 1

There are so many potential remedies - don't give up. It took me a while to stabilize, but now i'm happy.

I thought this would be a good place as any to get some opinions. I've been inpatient psychiatry since Easter for major depression and cptsd. After trying everything from venlafaxine amiltriptyline lithium etc I got approved for ketamine therapy. Received quite a few infusions and was seeming to begin to emerge. Better days in years. I got prescribed Tilidine awhile back to treat chronic migraines. Started with about 200 mg then down to 100 then the doctor decided to take me off completely. Which I agreed to because I honestly believed I'd go through withdrawl then be back to the state I'd be enjoying. I barely experienced any physical withdrawls. But one week into this and it's the like crushing depression of seven months ago that i made so much progress on is back with a vengeance. The doctors can't tell me what's going on. I never varried from what was prescribed. I don't understand why this overwhelming hopelessness is here. Is this PAWS. Could the withdrawal just have triggered the lurking depression.
i sympathize for you all too much, i've been stressing over renewing my narcotics script for more or less the fear of debilitating withdrawal that may last a prolonged amount of time especially from abrupt cessation of use, i do genuinely think tapering down is the absolute best way to get 'clean' i'm nowhere near there unfortunately, but i've endured withdrawal 2 years ago which was cold turkey because i ate through all my meds, and boy did my doc not look happy but i'm grateful for all he's done for me, i have been cutting down though since July of this year, and it's been really damn difficult, it took me until last month to beat my record of going 16 hours without a dose, i made it to 29, and that still stands as my record right now while it may not seem all that long, it felt like years to me. the readjustment period seems to vary so damn exponentially that i can't remotely suggest how long it'll take to readjust and come back to a 'normal' baseline of emotion/mental state but know that you can always come to bluelight for any support you may need

perhaps you may benefit from the Kratom to assist in alleviating the symptoms you're experiencing?