• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Suggested Activities for MDMA

Amadeus-

Greenlighter
I will admit outright that, although 40 years old, I'm a complete newcomer to the scene. So, I apologize in advance for silly questions.

I'm curious if anyone has suggestions on activities (other than the popular "dance party"/"party"/"rave") with which one might enjoy MDMA. As you can probably imagine, if you're 40 and haven't tried drugs yet, chances are that you're not around people that can join you -- so I'd love to know if there are things that I could do either alone, online, or perhaps in a non-intimate social setting.

Or, is there another empathogenic (of even psychedelic) drug, even if it's a low dosage, that might be better suited to using alone? I know that some people enjoy LSD alone, and I could see that as a possibility at some point; however, I think that doing it alone the first time would be a bit scary. But, that's off-topic for this forum...and I digress anyway.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for good suggestions for getting my feet wet. I like everything I've read about MDMA, which is why I started in this forum; however, I want to make sure that I'm fully informed and not doing anything stupid.

Amadeus-, my first time years ago I did a small dosage, about 120mg. I stayed home alone, made sure I had plenty of drinks, snacks, some glow Sticks, and a fully charged phone to record the effects. Just pop your MDMA and see where the night takes you, don't try and plan it out for your first time. Lock your house/apartment down and enjoy. Everyone is always searching for that first time feeling because you don't know what to really expect. It would also be good if you have a significant other to enjoy it with but I opted my first time alone and second time with her. At the least, have some good music lined up and maybe some good cartoon shows/movies. If you get to peak and can't find anything to do, I would recommend brushing your teeth and a nice shower. Try to record some of your evening and get some pics of your eyes, either selfies or in a mirror. You won't be able to focus on anything for too long that's why you shouldn't really plan an evening, but doing it your first time at home will let you know how your body reacts for when you try it in public. Enjoy your roll.

^ for snacks yogurt and ice cream are always good, fruit juices, smoothies etc. i could never eat pizza or hot dogs or something rolling, haha.

my first time rolling alone i called everyone up to tell them how good the pills were and how much i loved them lol. i was like 15 at the time

I've done DMT and LSD my first time alone. The DMT freaked me out, but LSD was pretty enjoyable. For LSD music, and trippy universe movies on youtube kept me busy for 12 hours on 115ug of LSD. I would assume MDMA would be similar. Just find something that will entertain your "out-on-a-drift" brain. Music would be fun. Would probably end up dancing around like a momo! But its all in good fun!

When i first rolled i was maybe 18 back in 2001 or so. Really brought me out of my shell. Going from a person with social anxiety to a social butterfly. I havent been able to find it since up until a few months ago. Somebuddies and I were supposed to be going out so i took some. Well, it fell through so i ended up staying at home. To me it wasnt nearly as enjoyable, all i wanted in the world was someone to talk too. With no one being around i almost felt like i became agitated. I ended up hanging with my roomate whom honestly i dont even like. Moral of the story, if its real MDMA, your gonna wanna be in a more social setting IMO

Personally I've never rolled alone but, if I was going to I would have a few things. Some examples music, cigs/vape/or hookah if into the nicotine, Gatorade of your choosing, some sort of Trippy lights or visual Simultor (Windows media player has a pretty decent one synced with music.) If you like pot it's nice with mdma as well. Other than that just go with it.
Make sure to test your product with a reagent testing kit and weigh your dose out. I recommend checking out the Mdma FAQ if you haven't done so.

I would say have somebody there you can cuddle with. Organize your music before you start, because you might find sustained concentration difficult while you are high.
Consider the possibility of masturbation, do you think you might want to? If so put suitable toys ready, because erection might be difficult.
A lighting effect is nice to stare at. You can get laser lights and other effects pretty cheap these days.
The mdma high lasts about 5 hours. When it wears off weed or hash is a nice way to finish the evening.
I would definitely not have the phone anywhere near me. It's too darn tempting to call everybody you know.
Some foods taste amazing on mdma. I love dark chocolate, but only a small piece as the taste is so overwhelming.
Many people feel cold while waiting for the high to come on. Make sure the room you are in is nice and warm.
Make the room comfortable and safe feeling. Feeling safe will help you to relax as you come up.
For me videos seem fairly pointless while under the influence, but others seem to enjoy something to watch.
Some people experience nausea on the come up. You can avoid this by crushing the pill and plugging.

These responses are amazing! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to write.

My only regret is that the current stance of society/government is such that we can't have websites or other ways to meet other folks to roll with. I am not interested in a big party; however, I can totally see (from having read a lot of stories) that the suggestions of having at least one other there is a really good idea. But yea, without some sort of matchmaking service, I don't know how one (easily) finds others after passing the 20s, especially when not single. But yea, that's a first-world problem and one really shouldn't complain about such things ..lol.

Random question: just out of curiosity, what was the original clinical dosage of MDMA when it was used for therapy? I was reading in a book that this dosage was such that it provided the person with a feeling of "taking a deep, cleansing breath".

I tried MDMA alone my first time and it was amazing! Here's my advice. Be at a place where you feel safe because MDMA especially during the comeup can cause anxiety and try to avoid people who you wouldn't want to know that you are rolling cause it's almost impossible to hide it the first time. Now, some fun activities for me are listening to music but not rave music, I love rock while rolling(but to each his own), playing the guitar is SUPER fun and if you can concetrate enough, drawing can have some intresting results! Exploring you brand new sense of touch is mindblowing but for me the best thing you can do is TALK. Even if you are alone talk to yourself, let your feelings flow and try to find if any part of your daily sober attitude/character bothers you and fix it. It's better to have a friend to roll together but I know it's not always possible. Also a warning... don't overdo it. Don't dance to much, don't drink to much water or smoke to many cigarettes (been there done that haha). During you roll EVERYTHING feels great so try not overdoing them cause it might put you in danger. But more importantly have fun and let your feelings guide you through the roll!

Also to answer your random question. The threshold dose is 30mg. Generally clinical dose can be as low as half the threshold of a substance in these cases you don't really feel the effects of the drug but you can feel some of the "results" for example a slight mood boost or the narrowing of social anxiety and limiting introvert behavior. So my guess is that depending onyour weight and other factors a clinical dose to feel like "taking a deep, cleansing breath" should be between 15mg-40mg.

I tried MDMA alone my first time and it was amazing! Here's my advice. Be at a place where you feel safe because MDMA especially during the comeup can cause anxiety and try to avoid people who you wouldn't want to know that you are rolling cause it's almost impossible to hide it the first time. Now, some fun activities for me are listening to music but not rave music, I love rock while rolling(but to each his own), playing the guitar is SUPER fun and if you can concetrate enough, drawing can have some intresting results! Exploring you brand new sense of touch is mindblowing but for me the best thing you can do is TALK. Even if you are alone talk to yourself, let your feelings flow and try to find if any part of your daily sober attitude/character bothers you and fix it. It's better to have a friend to roll together but I know it's not always possible. Also a warning... don't overdo it. Don't dance to much, don't drink to much water or smoke to many cigarettes (been there done that haha). During you roll EVERYTHING feels great so try not overdoing them cause it might put you in danger. But more importantly have fun and let your feelings guide you through the roll!

Thanks so much for the feedback -- this is exactly the kind of advice/story that I was hoping to hear!

Your suggestion regarding music was very interesting to me. I imagine there are some classical selections (or even "movie music") that would be pretty amazing.

Make a video message for yourself to watch while high. Then return the message to yourself while high. It's like having a conversation with yourself lol. Very helpful I found.
Other than that massages, a bath/hottub, walk in the woods, dress up with a partner and role playing games are cool.

Using the internet and Playing music you like off youtube while chatting to strangers on the irc can be good for a roll. I'm doing that right now and it's quite good fun

Using the internet and Playing music you like off youtube while chatting to strangers on the irc can be good for a roll. I'm doing that right now and it's quite good fun
Could be great but there's serious downside potential as well. Maybe you do something publicly you'll regret the next day.

While MDMA is strongly geared towards the positive, it's still nice to have someone knowledgeable around. No, I'm not saying a "sitter" is required. The experience quality can still differ significantly, though. I remember feeling so-so totally spacing out on MDMA** alone at some warehouse party in NYC. Some MDMA-aware stranger passing by made a brief joke. That steered me in the right direction totally, suddenly I had a big grin on my face and everything was soooooooo wonderful once again.

But I also have experiences which were glowingly positive regardless of the setting. E.g., during the first few times I did it, some friends were pretty unapproving and critical of MDMA, but I still had glowing experiences.

Bottom line, YMMV, but it certainly doesn't hurt having an MDMA user around...

---

** Sometimes, spacing out can be lovely. Sometimes, it can feel a bit "empty."